Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

EnoughAlready

VIP Member
Is this a fair statement?

View attachment 2892440View attachment 2892445View attachment 2892449

'Taylor Swift met with the family of Ana Clara Benevides Machado, the 23-year-old fan who died while attending the star’s concert in Brazil.'

View attachment 2892452

During Taylor Swift's visit to New York City, eager fans gathered outside her hotel, in hopes of meeting her. Notably among them, a 6-year-old Swiftie caught the singer's attention, prompting her to pause and share a heartfelt moment.
View attachment 2892451

She has sang at a fans wedding and paid college fees for fans and hospital bills too.

It is quite clear from your posts she can do no wrong in your eyes, which is fair enough and your right to have, this isn’t a rave or bash thread but we recognise when things can be shady in her world at her say so, as well as all fantastic. It’s a more balanced view usually, but please let’s not use Anas family as an example, as that is so bloody wrong how she handled that whole thing. Giving family a meet and greet after their daughter died at her concert was wrong, also fans having to pay to get her body home and the funeral also wrong, all because of the politics of her admitting any guilt of her show not being safe to attend would have brought “bad publicity” and law suit after law suits, but the team sweetened it up with “a meet and greet” sorry no, I can’t even go into more detail as it angers me beyond belief. She can do wrong and she has done wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

enkaym

It must be hard having your ex publicly declare she was pining over someone else because your mental health affected your relationship.
Agreed, this whole aspect makes me feel uncomfortable especially as we know privacy is important to Joe. It isn't a crime to a) be sad and b) to know that marriage/babies won't fix it. If she was so disappointed than she should have left sooner. Somehow she makes him sound guilty enough that "swifties" can slate him but I'm not actually sure that he did anything wrong.

Reactions: 20

EnoughAlready

VIP Member
Here I am with my insomnia thinking how wild it is that all last NFL season I was thinking she was doing the whole “look at me having the time of my life I’ll show you” vibes to Joe and turns out it was a big fu more to Matty H. What a plot twist I’ll give you that Blondie!

bellbells16

VIP Member
I felt when Taylor was at Big Machine, for whatever faults that situation had in the end, she actually had people around her who would go ‘not sure about this’ or ‘maybe not this’ or ‘cut this down’ whereas at universal it seems whatever Taylor says goes and there isn’t any ‘quality check’ so to speak.
Apparently Universal have next to no say in what she does, they’re often not even kept in the loop about what’s happening and only find out at the last minute about new albums. She brought everything in house after Lover. But agree that she needs someone to actually question some of the decisions.

• Wow

jackolantern

VIP Member
I really didn't like the line about her kids, or about Taylor's mum wishing Kim was dead. Too far IMO and it's not even like it's the first (and only) disstrack. She just looks pathetic at this point.

emerald

VIP Member
Hot take incoming.
Unfortunately people are going to take things too far but I think T is at liberty to use the psych ward imagery in her art as a reclamation. I don't think it would be a stretch to say she might have spent time in some kind of psychiatric hold/rehab. I don't think it would be a stretch to say that we're lucky she's still here. As I said yesterday, I don't think you can reach her level of fame (at a nearly constant level since she was 16) without being mentally ill. There's so much we are never going to know.

• Heart

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
So cringe and money grabbing. I'd avoid the place like the plague after that.
Poor Joe.
And saying they were scouring old cctv for any signs of Taylor? Bollocks. They would hardly have recordings going back that far. And if they recognised Joe surely they'd have seen who he was with at the time.

I mean, it's a tough time to be a business owner, but still.

smudge126

VIP Member
Of all the lyrics for me to get stuck in my head and to keep singing out loud randomly, of course I have ‘touch me while your boys play grand theft auto’ 💀
At least it’s not “we declared Charlie Puth should be a bigger artist” which is what’s been going round my head for the past three days! Trust me to get stuck with one of the worst lyrics ever written 💀

• Haha

honkytonkcat

I just had a scroll through tiktok for the first time since Friday and was shocked at the amount of people saying they aren’t keen on the album. I appreciate everyone’s tastes and opinions are different, but I’m seriously sat here like, are we listening to the same thing?! I absolutely cannot relate to that your honour I am utterly OBSESSED, I don’t think I’ll stop listening to this for months I need it injected into my veins 🤪

• Heart

Rfl2018

My husband looooves the starting line, and has previously (years ago) toured with the 1975 before they were the 1975, so in my head, he introduced Matty to the starting line and now it's in a Taylor song 🤣🤣

I also realised I'm 3 degrees of separation away from her so we're essentially besties

It's been an emotional weekend with suprise Bluey as well, let me have it!

• Heart
  • Haha

The Downfall of Us All

Omg I had a Taylor related dream last night too! It’s my first hahaha

I dreamt that I bumped into Joe A while out and about, but I didn’t recognise who he was as he had brown hair. We ended up chatting away and hit it off, I asked him if he was a Taylor Swift fan and if he had heard her new album and he sort of cowered. I went over to him and asked if he was ok, and then he told me who he was. He had his walls up super high as he kept thinking I was a journalist but I said I won’t pry, it’s nothing to do with me and I enjoyed talking to him. So I just asked him about himself and nothing to do with Taylor.

We went to a bar, got drunk and I ended up sleeping with him in his artsy apartment ☠😂 he was shit in bed and made me sign an NDA to never tell people that I’d slept with him and that he didn’t last very long

moral of the story is I’m a sucker for people with dark hair 😭😭 I don’t even find him attractive generally, like he’s objectively attractive but not my type! He looked closer to my husband in my dream

• Haha

Et tu Brute?

VIP Member
I was listening to SLL when doing my evening skincare. “I’m pissed off you let me give you all that youth for free”. Erm, a fan of the saying “why buy the cow when you can have the milk for free” are we Taylor? That’s an icky way of looking at a meaningful relationship ending.
Thing is, I’ve felt like that so the lyric hit me hard! Even the way she says it, I felt it. It’s a very bitter thing to say but it’s horrible to feel that you’ve wasted youth on something/someone. Also, I’ve discussed this with a therapist (🤣 but seriously).

• Heart

Folkevermore

VIP Member
The double album thing has really annoyed me. I’m sick of preordering albums that are missing half of the content, especially when vinyl isn’t cheap and a lot of people had already bought four versions to get the bonus tracks.
A lot of the album just isn’t good in my opinion, but that’s a separate issue

• Heart

ScottsTots044

Chatty Member
Literally me trying to stop myself from saying “ILL TELL YOU SOMETHING RIGHT NOW ID RATHER BURN MY WHOLE LIFE DOWN THAN LISTEN TO ONE MORE SECOND OF ALL THIS BITCHING AND MOANING” every 5 minutes

Attachments

• Haha

Folkevermore

VIP Member
I get the impression she genuinely loved Joe, but it's the safe love the guy you settle for, if he had wanted to marry and start a family she would have gone all in and committed 100% imo.

But the fact he wouldn't (wisely) commit to her soured it for her and she began to get bored.
Along with I suspect their conflict with him wanting to stay super low key, it's what Taylor needed to begin with but after lockdown she wanted to get back to feeling like herself yet Joe had only ever really known Low Key Taylor.
Then she reconnects with Matty and she has to eventually admit to herself she loves herself a bad boy.
I feel so bad for him that she was “settling” for him though, that’s a huge self esteem fuck.
I think if she wasn’t willing to 100% without a ring, the ring itself wouldn’t have made a difference. A couple of years later the novelty would wear off and she still would’ve drifted

• Heart

Folkevermore

VIP Member
After the death Taylor addressed the incident with a statement saying that she was 'overwhelmed with grief' and her heart was 'shattered'

She then invited the family to the show in São Paulo, where she took pictures and sympathised with them. They were in the VIP area and everything was paid for whilst they were there. Taylor covered all of their travel expenses, and gave an undisclosed amount of money to the girls parents.

How do you think she should have handled it?
Not lied about when the fan died for a start.
She also should’ve cancelled the show the next day much sooner to avoid the risk of fans sitting in the sun all day

• Heart
Reactions: 19

bellbells16

VIP Member
I know some people roll their eyes at Deuxmoi, but some of the tips turned out to be so on the ball. Like the one when she was dating Matty last year saying she was in her zero fucks era. That turned out to be very true. There was another tip about how they had something going on in 2014. And then a tip a while ago about Matty ghosting her. Really makes me wonder wtf was going on with the tips that Deux was getting about the supposed ceremony between Taylor and Joe. I always thought that rumour was coming from Taylor’s side to try pressure Joe. Also makes me wonder about how hard Tree tried to go after DM last year.

emerald

VIP Member
I have to be honest if a family member of mine died at a show I wouldn’t be in a crazy rush to go and meet the performer and pose for pictures - this isn’t having a go at either Taylor or the family tbh I just found that a very weird scenario like whose idea was that? But maybe just me.
I see what you're saying and I wouldn't either, but grief is very fucking weird and everyone handles it differently. I hope that that gave them some peace somehow.

• Heart