Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

QueenBW

VIP Member
I've just spent a nice chunk of money on Etsy merch cause "I'm so depressed I act like it's my birthday everyday" is basically the mood today.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

wordzalad

VIP Member
BF ranking

Joe A - farewell sweet prince- they could never make me hate you

Harry- he seems lovely. Nice that he’s escaped unscathed but that also might be because he has equally as mental fans. I should know I used to be a 1D stan. Although at this point the reunion will come before Reputation TV… also he could tell me who Liam had the fight with. I must know

Tom - hes fit as Loki and seems like a nice man but pretty non descript. Hes just nice, posh man.

Taylor L - he’s a bit cringe but seems harmless. A bit like Malfoy he’s not been in much since his major franchise but unlike Malfoy he’s not still pretending to be his character. If he was still pretending to be a wolf I’d bump him down a few spots but he mostly just backflips about which if he was my fella I’d be like get down you’re making a scene but he’d be alright as a mate

Matty - I really like the 1975. I don’t find his edgelord / offensive jokes funny at all but I think he’s very talented and creative. If anything I look forward to his response as he’s self aware for a famous person so he’ll probably acknowledge if he was a dick. Would ask him to set me up with Ross the Bassist

Calvin- meh. I quite literally forget he exists

Travis- meh. A bit like with Matty, I don’t find his sexist comments or his SA “joke” funny but besides that he’s meh. He seems like the definition of head empty no thoughts. Looks like he could fill in for Channing Tatum as “generic American gym bro” character. I hope Taylor bought him a dictionary but I’m sure they’ll be over by the time he’s worked out he didn’t say “you’re heroin but this time with an E”

The Kennedy kid- I couldn’t pick him out of a line up. If you held a gun to my head I’d guess he was shorter than her and blonde? I’m probably dead now aren’t I?

Jake - good actor. He’s fit in the film prisoners… like if he looked like that all the time he’d be higher but hes probably more like his character in Nightcrawler. Would probably freak out if everything wasn’t his way. Bet he irons his socks and would charge you if you had a sip of his water even if you were choking to death. Probably calls his mum Mummy.

Joe J- he looks like hed be really pretentious but he is not a good actor and is not even the best looking one in his own band. Overdoes the hair dye. Looks like he’d have a mirror in the bedroom so he can watch himself. Calls his own name during sex.

John M- don’t mind some of his songs but the age gap is a massive ick. 32 and 19…I’m 30 and I would not touch a 19 year old. They’re kids to me 😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

JLXRD

VIP Member
I’m seeing a lot of videos on tik tok of people with a lot of negative things to say about this album. Of course I expect not everyone will like it and that’s absolutely fine but do ya know what enrages me a lot.

‘it’s just not a good album, it’s terrible, the lyrics are one dimensional’ in an argumentative tone.

.. I think what you mean is ‘I don’t personally think it’s a good album, I think it’s terrible and I find the lyrics one dimensional.’

people who state their opinions as fact (mostly men, pls make them stop) will never not rile me. Like sorry didn’t realise you were the authority on this and therefore the fact other people like it is wrong…

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I think it comes across like she doesn’t like her fans. How did we go from Long Live to vipers bitching and moaning, wine moms - fuck em. And yes she probably means the more obsessed fans but at the same time who created the para social relationship? Who uses it when it suits her all the damn time with multiple merch drops, 20,000 varients of the same album, gate keeps her own tour tickets? Keeps her mouth shut when the fans threaten people because it suits her narrative? But when people point out that Matty Healy has said some very questionable things she gets mad but if she were the one calling him out, she would be happy to let her fans loose.

Taylor can’t have it both ways. You can’t play fans like fiddles 24/7 and then get annoyed when rightfully or wrongfully they learn some songs you don’t like. If you are going to lay your dating history across several albums, people are going to have thoughts on it.

Taylor if anything is a great example of being pushed into the limelight far too young by two pushy overbearing parents.
I definitely feel like she doesn't respect her fans if I'm honest. If it wasn't for the fact that a vast majority are going through some serious cognitive dissonance to avoid accepting the reality of the amount of hate she is throwing their way on this album, she'd be in trouble.

I feel like she definitely didn't respect me or my time. If I preorder, I expect the album on release day and I expect it to arrive undamaged. I also expect a finished work, not something where I have to put the hours into to get to my own version of the album that is actually listenable to for me. I also expect her not to immediately drop an extra albums worth of songs that I then have to purchase separately digitally.

She's forgetting who got her where she is today, it's not just her hard work, it was down to her fans too.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Folkevermore

VIP Member
I understand why her and Matty didn’t work in 2014- 2016. The active addiction was thriving for him and I can understand her walking away from that.

Matty is outspoken about a lot of issues, particularly LGBTQ+, immigration and religion. There’s no way Ms Christian Country music Taylor could attach herself to that even after she switched to pop.

the only reason they didn’t work this time is because her fans are mental and her family initially flipped their lid because he says twatty things in interviews.

I hope his current relationship is happy and I don’t wish a breakup on them but I do wonder if they were both single in the future if they would chance it again. I sort of hope so 😩, they do make a lot of sense. But maybe not the greatest for each others mental health.
I don’t think they should be together - it sounds so toxic. Imagine saying you’ll kill yourself if someone leaves you, what the fuck
It seemed completely unhealthy and I can’t see them making it long term

Folkevermore

VIP Member
I think the worst thing Joe probably did was string her along with regards to their future. I doubt there's any serious hard feelings there, hence only two tracks (I think) which are not nearly as scathing as the others. It's just one of those relationships that gradually falls apart with no huge drama.
Did he string her along though? Or did he know that proposing to her wasn’t going to fix things or change the fact that she had feelings for another man?

• Heart

Swamp Life

Do you think Taylor and Jack have bets about if she can get certain words in as lyrics?
Golden retriever, Grand Theft Auto, Aristotle, American Pie etc

• Haha

emerald

VIP Member
Anyone (general public aside) who believes that the Matty and Taylor relationship was only March-May 2023 is deluded.

MidnightAura

VIP Member
I don’t think how she handled the Brazil fan’s death was great at all tbh.
Yes she can nice to her fans. But show me most pop stars and you can find similar stories. Most pop stars aren’t taking a swipe at their fans through lyrics or using their fans to go for people they feel wronged by. Not to mention the way she takes the piss with merch and album releases.

Folkevermore

VIP Member
Can’t believe they’re focused on Joe being depressed and not caring about marriage more than Taylor pining over another man for years 😭

Apart from when they got together, when else were her and Matty single at the same time?
Like, why would Joe wanna marry a woman who was obsessed with someone else anyway?
No one wants to be second best, especially not someone who already has mental health issues

• Heart

QueenBW

VIP Member
I was listening to SLL when doing my evening skincare. “I’m pissed off you let me give you all that youth for free”. Erm, a fan of the saying “why buy the cow when you can have the milk for free” are we Taylor? That’s an icky way of looking at a meaningful relationship ending.
I also find it really strange to think of yourself like that. Like giving away your youth? What? You were living. You were making decisions. You chose to stay. She loves taking agency away from herself to avoid responsibility but no matter how much Joe might have strung her along, only she could decide to keep staying with him.

And like what would be the opposite of having given him her youth for free? What's a fair exchange for youth? A ring? A child? That sounds healthy. And not like he was getting any younger. He also gave his youth for free to a woman who was wanking to the Unwashed. Like. What a weird stance to make, Tay.

• Heart

maee

I'll be honest I hope she kinda drops the whole psych ward aesthetic with the next video- psych wards get glamorised enough on social media and feeding into that idea can be become dangerous 🙈

Lilykins

VIP Member
I felt when Taylor was at Big Machine, for whatever faults that situation had in the end, she actually had people around her who would go ‘not sure about this’ or ‘maybe not this’ or ‘cut this down’ whereas at universal it seems whatever Taylor says goes and there isn’t any ‘quality check’ so to speak.

Reactions: 22

ishant

VIP Member
THIS GUY in the square nerdy glasses went on to break blondies heart, wtf
ugh. I have a photo of myself from 2010 in the same glasses from a night out at uni and I have to say I would absolutely give a boy like this all of it back then: canoes, scouts honours etc

• Haha
  • Heart

Yupyupyup

VIP Member
My partners getting a bit concerned that I keep skipping around the house singing “I’M SO DEPRESSED I ACT LIKE IT’S MY BIRTHDAAAY EVERYDAYYY:D:D” happily…

• Haha

mfch

The backlash was inevitable but it feels a bit unfair tbh. It’s fine to not like something but honestly I don’t really think this album is for everyone. It’s specific and deep and twisty and lyrical. I LOVE it. Not everyone has to, but it feels like a lot of people are taking joy in bringing her down. It was always going tk happen. You can’t be that big for that long.

• Heart