Taylor Swift #44 You should see your faces!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I go back and forth on the inclusion of The Alchemy. Half of me thinks it's misplaced on this album and it only exists to throw Travis a bone. Half of me thinks she wouldn't have put this album out if she couldn't include a happy ending.

It would have been very powerful to end on Smallest Man.

Reactions: 15
I go back and forth on the inclusion of The Alchemy. Half of me thinks it's misplaced on this album and it only exists to throw Travis a bone. Half of me thinks she wouldn't have put this album out of she couldn't include a happy ending.

It would have been very powerful to end on Smallest Man.
Omg yes. To finish on that last line…. *chefs kiss*

Reactions: 10
The album improves for me with every listen. Personally, I prefer Anthology over the first half. I think her lyrics and song writing is potentially better on the second half

Reactions: 7
I feel like Mattys 2016 comments need to be taken in context. Yes they’re crappy but he was Down Bad (😉) with a heroin addiction and he was MESSY.

Reactions: 11
The second half has a lot of similar songs (piano) and I genuinely love them all but it's too much of the same together. There isn't a bad song on there though.

I have never said "folklore is my favourite album" because I didn't have one but I thought of it as a masterpiece. I didn't have everything I loved from Taylor though, so maybe that's why it was never my favourite.

The only thing wrong with the anthology is that there's too much Aaron on the second half (and maybe too much Aaron in total). But aside from the order of the songs I don't think I would have changed anything really. It's very very long, but it's also full of beautiful songs so. 🤷‍♀️

i reckon we're just gonna get super long albums from her now. Most albums and songs are shorter now (I feel like 19-20 songs was common in the 90s?). 4 mins max and 15 songs max. But Taylor has broken the mold so many times she doesn't have to worry about what her contemporaries are doing. She always has so much material that is album worthy. Maybe it'll get tedious eventually (for everyone).

Reactions: 12
Whoever mentioned no Matty songs in Rep or Lover, I present you this potential connection:

IMG_1188.jpeg

IMG_1189.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 25
The second half has a lot of similar songs (piano) and I genuinely love them all but it's too much of the same together. There isn't a bad song on there though.

I have never said "folklore is my favourite album" because I didn't have one but I thought of it as a masterpiece. I didn't have everything I loved from Taylor though, so maybe that's why it was never my favourite.

The only thing wrong with the anthology is that there's too much Aaron on the second half (and maybe too much Aaron in total). But aside from the order of the songs I don't think I would have changed anything really. It's very very long, but it's also full of beautiful songs so. 🤷‍♀️

i reckon we're just gonna get super long albums from her now. Most albums and songs are shorter now (I feel like 19-20 songs was common in the 90s?). 4 mins max and 15 songs max. But Taylor has broken the mold so many times she doesn't have to worry about what her contemporaries are doing. She always has so much material that is album worthy. Maybe it'll get tedious eventually (for everyone).
I think the Vault tracks have probably stroked her ego quite a lot. She has a reputation (lol) to uphold now.

What is your favourite album BTW? I can't believe I don't know this information.

Reactions: 9
Yeah I agree with what’s been said, the lyrics on the second half are beautiful however it’s quite same-y. I’ve seen someone else say that’s it’s almost too cohesive where each song blends into the other but there’s no variety. I enjoy the Anthology because the song writing is beautiful however TTPD is sonically much more interesting for me PLUS the amazing songwriting makes me want to keep listening to it over and over.

Reactions: 15
I think the Vault tracks have probably stroked her ego quite a lot. She has a reputation (lol) to uphold now.

What is your favourite album BTW? I can't believe I don't know this information.
I didn't have one. Until now. o_O

I'm just bleeping gutted it's all about him.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The album improves for me with every listen. Personally, I prefer Anthology over the first half. I think her lyrics and song writing is potentially better on the second half
Agreed. I’ve had it on all day yesterday and the 1st half has grown on me! I felt the same way with Midnights and the1989 vault tracks. The synth tunes are never going to be my all time favourites (my current most played TS song is daylight) but this album is lyrically gorgeous and I went to bed just chanting FLORIDAAAAAA

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Shocked by the poll results at the moment. I expected the folklore and evermore girlies to be all over this - does it fall short for you too?
I’m an evermore girlie and sonically the second half blends in to one for me so it’s taking ages to digest

Reactions: 9
If my ex started dating someone who looks like Marty’s current girlfriend after me, I think I’d also be heading to the asylum

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Whoever mentioned no Matty songs in Rep or Lover, I present you this potential connection:

View attachment 2888491
View attachment 2888493
I think the 1975 song is about her but I don't think death by a thousand cuts is about him, thankfully. It was 2019, so a year before theirs. She had said at the time it was inspired by a Netflix movie (can't remember the name of it) and it fit it so well (I had watched it the week before reading this).
---

DBATC MARKED SAFE

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I think the 1975 song is about her but I don't think death by a thousand cuts is about him, thankfully. It was 2019, so a year before theirs. She had said at the time it was inspired by a Netflix movie (can't remember the name of it) and it fit it so well (I had watched it the week before reading this).
---

DBATC MARKED SAFE
The Netflix film is Someone Great.
Good film and fits well.

Reactions: 2
I think she thinks that he ghosted her because of the added scrutiny that was caused by her fans trying to find everything he has ever done or said wrong (feel like the way I worded doesn’t reflect how bad some of the stuff he said and has done is)

Honestly would have been interesting to see how far they’d end up going if that hadn’t happened
I think it would have ended similarly but for different "reasons". Their relationship didn't not work out because of her fans, it was never going to work, just like it never worked out in the past.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.