Taylor Swift #4 Midnights EST, we'll be in our jammies. Why does she need validation from the grammys?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah ok I didnt realise that. Some venues will have higher demand than others also. I watched someone get tickets in Colorado and there seemed to be all areas left in pre sale including floor.

However I thought more presale were always given out than tickets available? Its not a guarantee of tickets I didnt think? Happened with Lewis Capaldi last week.
Sorry I said it so confidently but I was more saying it out of annoyance haha. The fact they were pushing merch and album sales by offering presale codes in order to make money, when they could have offered something for people who listened to the album the most on streaming. I don’t think we can completely blame ticketmaster (as much as I hate them) if the site was flooded with fans who had presale codes and it couldn’t deal with the numbers.

Reactions: 1
Im just not sure there is ever a 'fair' way. Im a mega fan Id say but certainly couldnt spend all day streaming videos to get credit for it. That is definitely aimed at younger fans imo who have the time to do it.

Streams maybe is a good way as its about listening rather than buying stuff but wouldnt boost the sales of tat like you say.

I say all this as Ive not spent hours today trying to get tickets. I can imagine had I not got them Id be furious.

Reactions: 6
I think it’s really crappy that Ticketmaster failed and have postponed certain presales, a lot of people will have taken a day off/made themselves free specifically for today. Happy to be corrected but I think Taylor’s team didn’t actually have anything to do with the verified presales as it was through Ticketmaster/seat geek? And to say it’s unprecedented demand when THEY have out the presale codes to that amount of people - you knew how many people would be descending on the website?..

Reactions: 3
It was Ticketmaster that sent out the presale codes not Taylor or Taylor Nation etc. All the ones fans received yesterday came directly from them via the verified fan they organised. The pausing of the queues was also down to the inputting of the codes into the system wrongly so the codes fans had didn’t work.

They’d have been far better staggering the days for shows, for example releasing the first weeks worth and so on. I feel pretty chill about getting them, though if today is anything to go by I shouldn’t, I’m kind of just in the mind of if we get them, great and if not, oh well 🤷🏼‍♀️. Again, doubt I’ll be saying that at the time of UK tour presale 😂

The U.K. site crashed for days when it was announced how we could get presale. I wonder how many people not in the U.K. were registering. You didn’t even need to buy anything and tiktok quickly caught on to that

Taylor Swift #5 how many remixes does it take to top the charts? capitalist queen wants us all to play our part

I don’t think she’s THAT big here maybe during 1989 era which I found tickets easily. I got free tickets to rep tour 2 days before the show because my uni was giving them out for free

• Wow
Reactions: 4
As others have said rep tour didn’t sell out and all the articles at the time were “Taylor’s tour is flopping because it’s priced so high” but she was relatively unpopular at that time still. For her one Lover UK date at Hyde Park, that sold out immediately, but it was a festival date and just one so hard to compare.

But all that was 2018/19, she’s become way more popular since then and I think she’s surpassed her 1989 levels of fame. In the UK especially, you can tell by the charts because she’s never held those positions for as long as she has

I see Taylor is already dropping some not very subtle hints that she is desperate to win a Grammy for something for ATW. Saying how she has ‘never’ won song of the year and how it’s all been about ‘reclaiming her art’. If she doesn’t win something I’d be VERY surprised - she is practically pleading with the Grammy voters 😂

Reactions: 2
I see Taylor is already dropping some not very subtle hints that she is desperate to win a Grammy for something for ATW. Saying how she has ‘never’ won song of the year and how it’s all been about ‘reclaiming her art’. If she doesn’t win something I’d be VERY surprised - she is practically pleading with the Grammy voters 😂
😂 I don’t think she’s actually the front runner for SOTY. I think it’s meant to be Adele or Bad Bunny as the front runners. She might win music video at most, I think Encanto will probably win song for visual media

Reactions: 2
Taylor Swift #5 - It’s me, hi, my remixes, struggling to get merch and tickets are the problem, it’s me!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
😂 I don’t think she’s actually the front runner for SOTY. I think it’s meant to be Adele or Bad Bunny as the front runners. She might win music video at most, I think Encanto will probably win song for visual media
I don’t get the Adele thing - has her new material really been on anyone’s radar?! Feel like the hype massively died down very quickly!
Yeah I think the most likely one too will be video.

Reactions: 11
How about Ticketmaster is the Anti-Hero for the next thread title? I wasn't even trying for tickets yesterday and I still feel stressed just from witnessing what a shambles it was 😅

Reactions: 8
I don’t get the Adele thing - has her new material really been on anyone’s radar?! Feel like the hype massively died down very quickly!
Yeah I think the most likely one too will be video.
Completely agree. I feel like I didn’t even notice when her album was out, and with the bad press around the vegas residency you’d hope they would go for someone else. But she has won every Grammy she’s been nominated for since 2012 and out of 18 nominations overall she’s won 15 so a good track record for a Grammys darling

Reactions: 5
Some fans are very pissed off. When loverfest was cancelled Taylor Nation and Taylor herself said that fans who bought tickets would get priority for the next tour. Well, they didn't. They were thrown in with everyone for presale and some didn't get tickets. Add on the fact that for many it took 18 months to get a refund, htue are very upset.

Some fans are very pissed off. When loverfest was cancelled Taylor Nation and Taylor herself said that fans who bought tickets would get priority for the next tour. Well, they didn't. They were thrown in with everyone for presale and some didn't get tickets. Add on the fact that for many it took 18 months to get a refund, htue are very upset.
it was a shambles tbh, I would’ve been in bits if I had to do it. I did see a lot of people say that for reputation tour, the verified fan boosts actually boosted your place in the queue whereas people received “boosts” recently that did absolutely nothing. I would like to see Taylor say something about it too - Lewis capaldi did a funny thing during his presale on Ticketmaster where he attempted to get tickets for his own tour and failed!

Honestly the ticket industry is generally quite unpleasant and messed up. The presale was a tale as old as time. Just about every major artist/event that’s gone on sale recently has been a mess compared to pre pandemic.
For rep tour (Uk dates) I know I had some kind of presale. I can’t remember what for though possibly venue or maybe I was able to sign up. I don’t think UK fans had the option of the boost thing with the videos like the US did (I could be wrong but honestly I can’t really remember details now). But I do remember it being a super quick in and out process no queues. Went on about ten/fifteen minutes after it had started(because I was still deciding if I should spend the money).. picked my cheap seat paid and was done in probably five minutes.

One major issue is that Ticketmaster have a such massive monopoly on first hand sales and owns resale sites. Even my two nearest large indoor venues direct all their sales straight through TM when you go via their own websites. (Previously used a company called eventim for their own box office)

I’m pretty convinced some tickets don’t ever actually go on normal sale and instead go straight to resale for double/triple money (especially for in demand acts like Harry and Taylor) I’m aware this makes me sound crazy but why wouldn’t ticketmaster try make as much profit as possible from desperate fans who think they’ve missed out on tickets. (I’m also sure there was a panorama or similar that looked into this when viagogo became a big thing)

I think something drastic needs doing to regulate the industry but aside from going back to physically queuing at box offices and banning online sales completely I’m not sure what anyone could do.

Seeing the US fans struggling to get tickets has made me feel ill , I’m not savvy with these things at all so can’t see myself getting them if it’s the same system here 😞

Honestly the ticket industry is generally quite unpleasant and messed up. The presale was a tale as old as time. Just about every major artist/event that’s gone on sale recently has been a mess compared to pre pandemic.
I’m old enough to remember the days when you had to buy tickets over the PHONE (I’m talking the late 90s) and it’s true the ticket industry has always been a shitshow. They’ve never cared about stopping touts etc, only making money. And now in the era of surge pricing, they have BECOME the touts. People are paying tout prices direct to Ticketmaster. It’s obscene!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.