Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

EnoughAlready

VIP Member
*googles blepharoplasty*

I think this is going to come off ruder than I mean it to, but she doesn’t look as if she’s had surgery even though she has. And that’s what I like about it (obviously she’s free to do whatever she wants with her body blah blah blah, okay now I’m just making it worse so I’m going to shut up 🙃)
That's the good thing about it subtle tweaks that aren’t that obvious are signs of an expensive but really good dr!

Reactions: 13

Folkevermore

VIP Member
We can update the register with the secret songs and then do a poll asking who got the best combo and immediately bully them off the thread (if it's not me).

I am in my mid 40's. Wtf is wrong with me?!
My fiancé wants high infidelity as a surprise song; it’s one of his favourite which is honestly such a red flag

• Haha

JLXRD

VIP Member
I was just thinking about YLM and the ‘I wouldn’t marry me either’ is actually WILD.

Like it’s such a statement I am so shook it’s in there. Like I think I gasped when I first heard it but I’ve got so used to it it’s only just hit me again how crazy it is to leave that in there.

• Heart

ishant

VIP Member
  • Heart

Fifah1907

VIP Member
She makes more sense with Matty but on the flip side I think it’s probably better to be with someone who she isn’t competing with in the same career wise in a sense. If it was someone in the same industry she’d need them to be jumping up and cheering louder for her than she does them otherwise she’d kick off I reckon.

One makes more sense, but neither make much sense 😂

• Haha

ls240898

VIP Member
Genuinely curious not hating, why are people going to multiple shows when it's the same show every night (bar a couple of songs)? Seems like so much money to spend, maybe I'm just not a serious enough fan 😅 I think I've seen there are people on here that couldn't get tickets to just one show while others are flaunting their multiple nights lol
For me I just really wanted to go multiple times! I don’t go to many concerts and Taylor is a favourite of mine, so I didn’t mind spending the money. I have only seen her once, 13 years ago, so this is like a decade in the making for me.

(also I’m the token Taylor Swift friend so people actually want to go with me lol)

Reactions: 12

Secretbrillopad

VIP Member
Ah man. Seeing all these dates have made my heart hurt a bit. Mainly because I know even if I do find a ticket by some miracle, my stupid body and associated fuckery wouldn't cope with a 3.5 hour show anyway.

Maybe that's why I'm watching it on Disney+ right now for the billionth time. 😂🙈

• Heart

Et tu Brute?

VIP Member
“But you keep my old scarf from that very first week” I don’t think she’s saying they slept together the first week of dating. The Red album is so close to my heart, I can’t think that the scarf in ATW is about virginity, that’s too icky. I do agree with other posters though, I don’t believe for one second she wrote the 10 minute version way back then,

ETA the original ATW is an outstanding piece of songwriting.

!noseyparker!

I thought the "crumpled up piece of paper lying here" was more of a losing virginity metaphor than the scarf was-it is a pretty common metaphor for so called "sex education" in the US to show girls a piece of paper and then scrunch it up to evoke them losing their virginity/ "ruining" themselves. But the story of all too well, regardless of what happened between her and Gyllenhall, works better if it was her first time, so Swift is evoking that.

tellmewhy

VIP Member
I don’t like dramatics and cheese but I do understand why she sticks to a script. If she didn’t then things she said would be twisted and some nights people will think they were preferred over other crowds. When you’re doing the amount of shows she is the last thing you want to think of is how your words will be taken if you were to just go with what’s on your mind.

Trixxx

VIP Member
I remember my mum telling me she had got us tickets to see Britney when I was 8/9 and I vividly remember nearly crying I was so happy!

On another note, I actually listened to all of 'the very first night' and what a bop! I had kind of ignored it cause the intro was a bit meh but that's shown me 🤣
This was me with the spice girls, the tickets were on my birthday and i was so happy I cried.. and then Geri announced she was leaving and there were even more tears but not happy ones. It was an emotional time for 8 year old me!

Best thing ever was her taking me to concerts when I was younger. I like to return the favour and take her to concerts now, we went to one last Saturday 😊

• Heart

Folkevermore

VIP Member
I genuinely don’t think she had sex with John. They dated for like two months, it wasn’t that serious and they probably went on a few dates if that. “I took your matches before fire could catch me”.
My money is on Jake.

• Wow

JLXRD

VIP Member
I thought the "crumpled up piece of paper lying here" was more of a losing virginity metaphor than the scarf was-it is a pretty common metaphor for so called "sex education" in the US to show girls a piece of paper and then scrunch it up to evoke them losing their virginity/ "ruining" themselves. But the story of all too well, regardless of what happened between her and Gyllenhall, works better if it was her first time, so Swift is evoking that.
Wowsers that is messed up sex education 😬

Yupyupyup

VIP Member
The girlhood line did throw me through a loop when I first heard it but I suppose that could just relate to her innocence being stripped in a way not involving intercourse even if that’s not how I personally interpreted it.

Either way it’s minging when you think about the fact these men were even going anywhere near her in that way at the time given the age gaps:sick:

EnoughAlready

VIP Member
Sorry guys hectic day just catching up, I’m not having Lover as anything other than a love you hopeful song she wrote for people to dance to at weddings etc, as she wanted to go one better than Ed S and his “thinking out loud” wedding royalties!!! She can change the narrative to suit her now all she likes but nope not having that in the denial section Blondie!

• Heart

Tommyb

Chatty Member
The whole debacle with Kate and now the truth being cancer made me think of the deranged Swifties with all their truly demented theories and super invasive way of treating Taylor's life. Can't imagine trying to process anything while the internet invents that you had an abortion/miscarriage, your partner was abusive, cheated on you, etc etc etc.
Honestly the whole thing is a shambles. Regardless of who she is. Medical records hacked. The absolute shame. People are forgetting she is a person too. A mother.

• Heart

grannypants

VIP Member
Can I be added to the list for London 21st June pretty please? 🙏

Also sorry to bring up MH but I was reminiscing on his old instagram posts (now deleted) and look at the caption of this one
IMG_0661.jpeg

I know it’s not quite TTPD but referencing dead poets society made me 🤔 especially as it would’ve been around the time she was writing/recording the album.

Also the Tortured Poet‘s Dept is such a wanky Matty-coded phrase, I really think that a lot of the songs on TTPD are going to be about Matty, or at least have very obvious hints to their relationship.

Fifah1907

VIP Member
I can’t remember who it is (and I cba scrolling back to find out. It’s a bank holiday and I’m lazy 💁‍♀️😂) but I LOVE the amount of baby Swifties on the way ❤ I also love that you mad mammas are going to a gig sometimes pregnant #dedication

• Heart