Taylor Swift #3 She re-released Red just to break Jake like a promise

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Enjoyed the longer ATW. I thought I would hate it because it had so much to live up to but am pleased that I like it! Doesn't replace the original for me though.

Love State of Grace.

She is v brave with how honest she is, knowing that everyone will know who she's writing about, I wouldn't have the nerve. 😂Jake does not seem like he treated her well at all.

Reactions: 4
The more I hear Nothing New, the more I feel like it could have been on Folklore or Evermore.

I wonder if thats why I like it so much. For me, those 2 albums are lyrically superior to any others, which I guess makes sense as shes had so much practice!

Reactions: 9
The more I hear Nothing New, the more I feel like it could have been on Folklore or Evermore.

I wonder if thats why I like it so much. For me, those 2 albums are lyrically superior to any others, which I guess makes sense as shes had so much practice!
That song really affects me. It's gorgeously depressing.

Reactions: 2
That song really affects me. It's gorgeously depressing.
"How can a person know everything at 18 but nothing at 22?"

I'm 24 and feel so lost. 17 year old me had such a clear path and plan for life. I've barely listened to the song because it breaks me

• Heart
Reactions: 13
They tell you while you're young
"Girls, go out and have your fun"
Then they hunt and slay the ones
Who actually do it
Criticize the way you fly
When you're soarin' through the sky
Shoots you down and then they sigh, and say
"She looks like she's been through it"

This made me think of how female teenagers cant enjoy or like anything without criticism.

Reactions: 10
They tell you while you're young
"Girls, go out and have your fun"
Then they hunt and slay the ones
Who actually do it
Criticize the way you fly
When you're soarin' through the sky
Shoots you down and then they sigh, and say
"She looks like she's been through it"

This made me think of how female teenagers cant enjoy or like anything without criticism.
i love those last two lines because it sums up perfectly how they're the ones who put you 'through it' and yet act surprised when it affects you! i guess this is how she's felt about the media and kinda reminds of the whole rep era / LWYMMD theming

Reactions: 3
I know this might be a silly question but I wonder why Jake seems to be the main focus of age gap relationships for her and not John Mayer. She met John first and he was 32 when she was 19 so it's a bigger gap than it was with Jake. Maybe she just didn't like him as much, who knows?

I guess we'll find out with the vault songs from that time.

unpopular opinion: I think Dear John is lyrically superior to ATW

Last edited:
I know this might be a silly question but I wonder why Jake seems to be the main focus of age gap relationships for her and not John Mayer. She met John first and he was 32 when she was 19 so it's a bigger gap than it was with Jake. Maybe she just didn't like him as much, who knows?

It definitely is 'I took your matches before fire could catch me' 😍

oh, I'm sure we'll be getting all of the john discourse when we get speak now tv!

I get the feeling John was a fleeting thing (and he was a douche) whereas jake was her first real love and heartbreak. This is just based on the songs about them (pretty much the whole Red album is about jake whereas John doesn’t have that many on speak now - 3 max I reckon)

I get the feeling John was a fleeting thing (and he was a douche) whereas jake was her first real love and heartbreak. This is just based on the songs about them (pretty much the whole Red album is about jake whereas John doesn’t have that many on speak now - 3 max I reckon)
Dear John is incredible, especially considering how young she was. It's almost surprising that she allowed Jake to break her heart after having written that song. Jake didn't quite have John's reputation though. Slightly younger too.

Story of us is definitely about him. White horse?

Dear John is incredible, especially considering how young she was. It's almost surprising that she allowed Jake to break her heart after having written that song. Jake didn't quite have John's reputation though. Slightly younger too.

Wrong album. In my defence, I'm really really tired.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Wrong album. In my defence, I'm really really tired.
Dear John
Story of Us

Im not sure if there’s defo a third but possibly Haunted?
I’ve heard some suggest innocent was about him but she adapted it.

Of the bonus tracks, some say ours and superman is based on him.

But the only definites are the top two whereas we know pretty much know all the ones which are about Jake.

So am I right in thinking …

Debut - songs about her high school bf
Fearless - mixture of high school romances , but of Joe Jonas but it was added late on (forever & always was a late addition , obviously mr perfectly fine is about him too !)
Speak Now - Joe Jonas (last kiss?) and John Mayer
Red - Jake Gylenhaal of course !
1989 - Harry styles
Reputation - Tom Hiddleston / Joe Alwyn
Lover - Joe Alwyn
Folklore/evermore - mixture of made up stories and songs about the scooter sitch and her relationship with joe

Reactions: 5
So am I right in thinking …

Debut - songs about her high school bf
Fearless - mixture of high school romances , but of Joe Jonas but it was added late on (forever & always was a late addition , obviously mr perfectly fine is about him too !)
Speak Now - Joe Jonas (last kiss?) and John Mayer
Red - Jake Gylenhaal of course !
1989 - Harry styles
Reputation - Tom Hiddleston / Joe Alwyn
Lover - Joe Alwyn
Folklore/evermore - mixture of made up stories and songs about the scooter sitch and her relationship with joe
Back to December on speak now was reportedly about Taylor Lautner. And enchanted on speak now was about some guy called Adam from a band that she met at a party!
also from red, think begin again is about someone she met after jake but not sure who.

Dear John
Story of Us

Im not sure if there’s defo a third but possibly Haunted?
I’ve heard some suggest innocent was about him but she adapted it.

Of the bonus tracks, some say ours and superman is based on him.

But the only definites are the top two whereas we know pretty much know all the ones which are about Jake.
I thought innocent was about kayne west?

Back to December on speak now was reportedly about Taylor Lautner. And enchanted on speak now was about some guy called Adam from a band that she met at a party!
also from red, think begin again is about someone she met after jake but not sure who.

I thought innocent was about kayne west?
Yeh sorry I meant to say she adapted it so it would sound like it was aimed at Kanye (eg the September line). But a lot of the lyrics could have been about John originally. That’s just a theory I heard on a podcast though so take with a grain of salt!

Begin again is supposedly about Connor Kennedy.

I can totally see how innocent would fit with John too. Think she stoked innocent being about kayne when she performed it at the MTV music video awards, a couple of years after then infamous incident.

Everything has changed is also about Conor Kennedy.
Enchanted- Adam Young from owl city (remember them?!)

Gold rush is Karlie Kloss i think.
The One? Styles I reckon
I forgot that you existed is either Karlie or Calvin or both.
Happiness is about Abigail's divorce
You are in love is about Jack Antonoff and lena Dunham
I personally think This is me trying is about her career and she's mostly singing to her fans. She didn't get the accolades she was hoping for with Lover and Rep. I do think lover has some truly great songs but I remember feeling disappointment when it was released as it was just too pink and poppy. What I wanted her to release was essentially folklore. She needed a change of direction after rep, I just think she went the wrong way and she realised that very quickly.

Reactions: 4
I’ve always thought Begin Again was about Will Anderson who was the lead singer of Parachute — they were seen together a few times around the time of recording and they definitely have some songs about her too.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.