• The Very First Night

Votes: 19 4.3%
  • I Bet You Think About Me

Votes: 47 10.6%
  • Run

Votes: 12 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Title thread by @disneys (got the most likes).

Recap: Taylor re-released RED, the All Too Well ten minute version, a short film, and a music video (which is more than Evermore got 😂)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
this album has really got to me , I didn’t expect it to

My husband who I have been married to for a year , have been with since I was 19 and has never one done me wrong just caught me crying to “better man” in the bath 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 23
this album has really got to me , I didn’t expect it to

My husband who I have been married to for a year , have been with since I was 19 and has never one done me wrong just caught me crying to “better man” in the bath 😅
When I listened to it for the first time in the car on the way home from the nursery run on Friday I couldn’t stop sobbing! Put it on again when I went to get my nails done on Friday night and same thing happened again! Got home and my partner was like “wtf happened to you?” I was like “Taylor Swift 😫😫😫

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Idk if anyone has mentioned this, but I can’t get over her voice crack during the bridge of I Almost Do 😭😭😭

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Omg the SNL performance. The steely eye to the camera. Jake is in hiding. He has to be 😂

Also her 'collab' with man of the minute Pete Davidson. Perfection!

I went for dinner earlier with my boyfriend to a small local cafe and we were the only customers as it was quite early plus it being a Sunday. During dinner Come back be here starts playing and I am like surely I am going crazy at this stage… what a random song choice?? next thing ATW10 comes on and the waitress is singing along and explaining to her colleague the significance of each line. So then she noticed I’m a fan too and we had a great chat about the re-recording, the short film, etc. It was a great bonding experience as I don’t come across many Swifties in real life. I think the only way to top that dinner was to have Taylor there herself 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Can someone explain what’s happened with Jake as I’m totally lost. I’ve not really followed Taylor swift x

Reactions: 3
the SNL performance for whoever wants it. it's wonderful

I adore Taylor as much as you all, but does anyone else think she struggled vocally on the ‘well’ of the line ‘all too well’? Seemed out of tune each time

• Heart
Can someone explain what’s happened with Jake as I’m totally lost. I’ve not really followed Taylor swift x
They dated for a while in 2010 (officially only 3 months but by the sounds of it from her song lyrics, it was more on/off than that, probably into 2011).

He was 30, she was 20-21. There are rumours he took her virginity, which could be understandable for someone who became famous so young, but she did date notorious shitbag John Mayer (also too old for her) prior to this (and others), so maybe not. The relationship seems to have been very full on, passionate and Taylor was besotted. But 3 months in he didn't turn up to her 21st birthday party and broke her heart with the excuse that she was too young. Again, from song lyrics, he sounds like he was gas lighting and love bombing/led her on and that he's a pretentious twit who considered himself better than her. Taylor has a certain goofyness to her and she was very young. He wasn't. She probably expected too much from the relationship and seems to have been broken by it. Enough to write a whole album essentially. All too well is essentially a song saying "this happened, I was part of it, I have all these memories and they are intense... you might want to act like it was nothing but it was something real and you know that". I don't think there's any indication that he cheated on her, but I might be wrong.

The vault track "I bet you think about me" definitely seems to be about him also (like I said, most of the album is) and it's getting a music video tomorrow. Lyrically it is SAVAGE, and the premise is amazing because Taylor has arguably proven herself to be the most prolific, talented songwriter in the world today, is definitely more famous and probably much richer than Jake, but back then he saw her as beneath him.

I adore Taylor as much as you all, but does anyone else think she struggled vocally on the ‘well’ of the line ‘all too well’? Seemed out of tune each time
A bit. It's likely she couldn't hear herself properly. Most live performances of it are completely in tune.

I have to give her huge credit here.. she's NOT the strongest singer in the world (I love her voice though) but her songs are so fecking hard to sing. I don't know wtf it is about her range, but I find it much much easier to sing songs by people like Adele etc than her songs... and I love her songs and I love singing (and Adele does my head in). :( I'm a sad cow who owns a karaoke machine 😳 and I always have to change the key (higher or lower) of every song of hers and I'm still tit. Normally I'm decent. It upsets me is all. 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
was it ever confirmed that they dated at all? I just remember one set of pictures of them being published. but neither of them ever said they were dating.

They dated for a while in 2010 (officially only 3 months but by the sounds of it from her song lyrics, it was more on/off than that, probably into 2011).

He was 30, she was 20-21. There are rumours he took her virginity, which could be understandable for someone who became famous so young, but she did date notorious shitbag John Mayer (also too old for her) prior to this (and others), so maybe not. The relationship seems to have been very full on, passionate and Taylor was besotted. But 3 months in he didn't turn up to her 21st birthday party and broke her heart with the excuse that she was too young. Again, from song lyrics, he sounds like he was gas lighting and love bombing/led her on and that he's a pretentious twit who considered himself better than her. Taylor has a certain goofyness to her and she was very young. He wasn't. She probably expected too much from the relationship and seems to have been broken by it. Enough to write a whole album essentially. All too well is essentially a song saying "this happened, I was part of it, I have all these memories and they are intense... you might want to act like it was nothing but it was something real and you know that". I don't think there's any indication that he cheated on her, but I might be wrong.

The vault track "I bet you think about me" definitely seems to be about him also (like I said, most of the album is) and it's getting a music video tomorrow. Lyrically it is SAVAGE, and the premise is amazing because Taylor has arguably proven herself to be the most prolific, talented songwriter in the world today, is definitely more famous and probably much richer than Jake, but back then he saw her as beneath him.
thank you so much!

was it ever confirmed that they dated at all? I just remember one set of pictures of them being published. but neither of them ever said they were dating.
I think it’s fairly clear by the songs 😅but theres that interview with Jake on a radio station where the host tells him he should’ve married Taylor.

Reactions: 5
I'm not massively into the 10 min version of ATW but the short film broke me. When they're talking in the kitchen after his friends leave, I could literally feel myself come out of my body. I was her, not too long ago and watching it play out in front of me unlocked a lot of stuff I thought I had healed from.

Genuinely spent the rest of the day in bed after it. Still not the biggest fan of the new song but I've definitely called my therapist since to book in an appointment 😂

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I’m surprised at how many votes there are for IBYTAM in the poll. I know it’s tongue in cheek but I cringed at her pretending to be a farm girl in that song. The video might make me like it more though

It makes me really sad that The Lucky One and Nothing New were written for the same album. Taylor's been quite vocal more recently about her need to be liked and her fear that one day she won't be entertaining/relevant anymore, but I find it so sad that she's held that fear since she was so young.

I have a feeling that Borchetta/Big Machine advised Taylor not to put Nothing New on the album because it mentions her being drunk, and this was back when they were keen to maintain her image as a squeaky clean country sweetheart. I have no evidence for this, it just occurred to me as soon as I heard that line.

I wonder if part of writing 22 was a sort of rebellion against Jake making her feel that she was too young and immature. She flipped her youth in to something to be celebrated instead of derided, kinda like how she reclaimed the snake for rep.

Reactions: 11
It makes me really sad that The Lucky One and Nothing New were written for the same album. Taylor's been quite vocal more recently about her need to be liked and her fear that one day she won't be entertaining/relevant anymore, but I find it so sad that she's held that fear since she was so young.

I have a feeling that Borchetta/Big Machine advised Taylor not to put Nothing New on the album because it mentions her being drunk, and this was back when they were keen to maintain her image as a squeaky clean country sweetheart. I have no evidence for this, it just occurred to me as soon as I heard that line.

I wonder if part of writing 22 was a sort of rebellion against Jake making her feel that she was too young and immature. She flipped her youth in to something to be celebrated instead of derided, kinda like how she reclaimed the snake for rep.
I saw a thing on TikTok that said all too well reflects on the man that didn’t show up to her 21st birthday , and then 22 immediately follows it and that’s probably no accident … as if she just wanted to forget that whole year and start fresh at 22 !

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.