Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

newtoyou

VIP Member
I don’t think I can add a poll but I’m curious which we all prefer

👍 ATW OG
😆 ATW TV
❤ ATW 10 min version
😔 ATW 10 min version (Long pond)

Maybe react with the emoji so we can count them up

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
Can someone explain what’s happened with Jake as I’m totally lost. I’ve not really followed Taylor swift x
They dated for a while in 2010 (officially only 3 months but by the sounds of it from her song lyrics, it was more on/off than that, probably into 2011).

He was 30, she was 20-21. There are rumours he took her virginity, which could be understandable for someone who became famous so young, but she did date notorious shitbag John Mayer (also too old for her) prior to this (and others), so maybe not. The relationship seems to have been very full on, passionate and Taylor was besotted. But 3 months in he didn't turn up to her 21st birthday party and broke her heart with the excuse that she was too young. Again, from song lyrics, he sounds like he was gas lighting and love bombing/led her on and that he's a pretentious twat who considered himself better than her. Taylor has a certain goofyness to her and she was very young. He wasn't. She probably expected too much from the relationship and seems to have been broken by it. Enough to write a whole album essentially. All too well is essentially a song saying "this happened, I was part of it, I have all these memories and they are intense... you might want to act like it was nothing but it was something real and you know that". I don't think there's any indication that he cheated on her, but I might be wrong.

The vault track "I bet you think about me" definitely seems to be about him also (like I said, most of the album is) and it's getting a music video tomorrow. Lyrically it is SAVAGE, and the premise is amazing because Taylor has arguably proven herself to be the most prolific, talented songwriter in the world today, is definitely more famous and probably much richer than Jake, but back then he saw her as beneath him.

I adore Taylor as much as you all, but does anyone else think she struggled vocally on the ‘well’ of the line ‘all too well’? Seemed out of tune each time
A bit. It's likely she couldn't hear herself properly. Most live performances of it are completely in tune.

I have to give her huge credit here.. she's NOT the strongest singer in the world (I love her voice though) but her songs are so fecking hard to sing. I don't know wtf it is about her range, but I find it much much easier to sing songs by people like Adele etc than her songs... and I love her songs and I love singing (and Adele does my head in). :( I'm a sad cow who owns a karaoke machine 😳 and I always have to change the key (higher or lower) of every song of hers and I'm still shit. Normally I'm decent. It upsets me is all. 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

disneys

VIP Member
this album has really got to me , I didn’t expect it to

My husband who I have been married to for a year , have been with since I was 19 and has never one done me wrong just caught me crying to “better man” in the bath 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 23

young_x

I went for dinner earlier with my boyfriend to a small local cafe and we were the only customers as it was quite early plus it being a Sunday. During dinner Come back be here starts playing and I am like surely I am going crazy at this stage… what a random song choice?? next thing ATW10 comes on and the waitress is singing along and explaining to her colleague the significance of each line. So then she noticed I’m a fan too and we had a great chat about the re-recording, the short film, etc. It was a great bonding experience as I don’t come across many Swifties in real life. I think the only way to top that dinner was to have Taylor there herself 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 21

kachoochoo

VIP Member
drag him, tay ❤

the bit missing from the bottom of the la times tweet is "Taylor Swift? she doesn't write her own songs"

Screenshot_20220124-214539_Twitter.jpg

I used to love blur, they were my first concert. the whole interview is proper old man shouting at cloud stuff, it's really disappointing, but kinda not surprising

love that she's standing up for herself though

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
I'm not massively into the 10 min version of ATW but the short film broke me. When they're talking in the kitchen after his friends leave, I could literally feel myself come out of my body. I was her, not too long ago and watching it play out in front of me unlocked a lot of stuff I thought I had healed from.

Genuinely spent the rest of the day in bed after it. Still not the biggest fan of the new song but I've definitely called my therapist since to book in an appointment 😂

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18

getawaywithit

VIP Member
Lots of major media outlets publish articles about fandom conspiracies. It doesn’t make the conspiracy true lol. All these randoms like “well Rolling Stone would never publish x without Taylor’s team”— have no clue what they’re talking about.

The article wasn’t “Is Taylor Swift gay”, it was an exploration of fan culture. Literally these fans are too deluded to realize the article was just about them and how conspiracies and “theories” around TS flourish and intersect with queer pop culture.

AND it’s not the first time, big outlets published about Kaylor conspiracies way back in 2017. And guess what? Back then, fans swore THAT was a sign too! They swore it. Then of course when nothing came to fruition, they swore it was all coming out with Lover. That never happened. Then it was, oh something was SUPPOSED to happen with Lover but it was thwarted. Then it was all about how ‘Betty’ was a big sign and she was gonna reveal it in a performance. No, she only revealed she wrote it with her boyfriend. And NOW it’s that she’s of course revealing it all with Midnights because, er, well because she didn’t release an advanced single. Yes, that makes total sense and will definitely happen.

But when the album comes out and she doesn’t “announce she’s gay” in it (not sure how that would work anyway) they will once again pivot to something else and claim now that THIS is the time it’s all gonna come out just wait and see!… until… oh wait, no not this time, but now we really know it’s happening!… Still no. And they will never admit they might be wrong and will frankly never stfu about it, and yet when other fans finally snap at them to give it a rest or get help, they act all innocent like ~well we don’t KNOW~ and ~we’re just speculating~.

Frankly I blame some of this on Taylor herself for encouraging this weirdness in her own fandom making people think she’s constantly leaving elusive clues and hints in everything and stoking people’s unchecked mental illness.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 16

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
Fearless TV came out at pretty much the exact time (I mean same hour of the day even) my dad died. He died alone (they said someone was with him, but we think this isn't true) after contracting covid in hospital. I had last spoken to him a few days before. He was kinda not all there, but in good form whilst telling me to look after my kids etc, so fearless would have been the word I would have used to describe him.

I didn't mean to bring down the mood. Sorry.

When my mum last saw him (through a window, on the phone) he told her to split the money in his account 4 ways (I have 3 siblings and my mum is comfortable, plus i suppose it made sense for inheritance tax). She transferred my share over the morning Red TV came out. Red is a colour I associate with him for various reasons. Coincidence or weird?

If anything significant happens with these next albums, I'll let you know, lol.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad

Yel

Chatty Member
The funniest thing is Jedwards post, where they sign it off Jedward, is the top showing reply to Albarn

It really is a battle of the best living musicians :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart

malibu skies

VIP Member
After 10 months of crying to the 10 min version of all too well, I’m ready to cry to something new. Bring it on!

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Nottsgirl

Chatty Member
I remember saying to a friend a while ago that if she dragged out the re-recordings that she would face backlash eventually. People would see it as a cash grab and not her trying to win back her art. Also the constant merch drops of absolutely diabolical cheap crap didn’t help.

On top of that, keep seeing memes with captions like “pollution (taylor’s version)” and “global warming (taylor’s version)”. If she drops one now she’ll get shit for it. It’s disappointing and I feel she’s sleepwalking into another era of getting shit on, except this time it’ll be totally warranted.

Lilykins

VIP Member
Tbh I can’t really be bothered with all these song title reveals. Does nothing for me regarding anticipation of the album, hope it’s building up to a single reveal otherwise can’t see the point tbh. And this is me speaking as a massive fan.

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
Oooh I’m so glad I found this thread!
Think I’ll need to go back and read from thread #1 but I just wanted to share that Exile and ATW10 are my all time favourites!
I’ve been a fan of Taylor on and off the past few years (since the red album) but have never followed the fandom side of it like Easter eggs etc but I feel it’s too far gone for me to read up on this now 😂 I’d be reading the whole internet before bed 😂
This thread is so refreshing after years of it being cool to hate her, call her a slut, accuse her of playing the victim etc. As a whole, society hold women to the most impossible standards.

She's not perfect, has definitely made some mistakes etc but as far as most celebrities go, she seems to be a grounded and decent person, takes no shit and is undoubtedly very talented. Plus she has keep her looks very natural (naturally stunning though, obviously), admittedly helped by shockingly good genes.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

ChilliBean

VIP Member
Someone has pointed out on Reddit that the album is being released on Kim Kardashian’s birthday. We love our petty queen 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Lilykins

VIP Member
How he can be so fu*king ignorant. I’m sorry, but is he still in 2008?!? It’s well known she writes her own songs !!! 11 Grammys later and a whole album written by her on her own, you think most people would get it by now. What an ahole.

Reactions: 13

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
I used to love Blur, but Albarn has always been a twat. I don't think the others in the band liked him either, lol.

I could name 50 Taylor songs that are better than anything he has ever written. Unfortunately she'll never get the credit she deserves because some of her songs are poppy and she's beautiful to look at. Therefore she's just a dumb blonde.

Reactions: 13