Taylor Swift #2 Look What You Made Her Do (Taylor’s Version)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
why? I don't think she'd even announce if she got married. she's been increasingly private about her life.
I think she’s kept her engagement and actual wedding secret, which is a huge feat for a celebrity like her, but she is going to announce she’s married. I mean, it’s gonna come out eventually, she can’t just never acknowledge she got married for the rest of her life. Also she is definitely more private now but she does like to share things and I think if fans thought about it they’d realize she has shared more about Joe than one might assume.

I wouldn’t think that she’d tie a wedding announcement in with her work, but there have been a lot of whispers of some sort of bridal element to one of her releases coming up, and as Deux Moi said, what is Joe to her? Aka, Joe is her husband now, not her boyfriend.

Reactions: 2
She didn’t meet Joe the same night as Tom. She met Joe earlier in the year possibly at a party in LA (the song Gorgeous references Sunset & Vine where she first met him which is in LA and the Met Gala where she met/danced with Tom is held in NY) and they became friends and then they got even closer after her and Tom split and Joe asked her out on a date. (Can you tell I’ve been swiftie for over 10 years and have analysed the tit out of her songs and life? 🙈 haha!)
What about 'flash back when you met me your buzz cut and my hair bleached' I always heard that was in reference to the met gala? Joe has a baldy and Taylors hair is like a light bulb at the May 16 Met Gala.

I honestly thought it was wildely accepted she met both Joe and Tom on the same night.

Im intrigued now that there is another narrative :D

Also on the wedding front I think they are married. 'One single thread of gold ties me to you'

Its noones business after all.

Reactions: 5
What about 'flash back when you met me your buzz cut and my hair bleached' I always heard that was in reference to the met gala? Joe has a baldy and Taylors hair is like a light bulb at the May 16 Met Gala.

I honestly thought it was wildely accepted she met both Joe and Tom on the same night.

Im intrigued now that there is another narrative :D

Also on the wedding front I think they are married. 'One single thread of gold ties me to you'

Its noones business after all.
Yeah, Taylor meeting Joe at the Met Gala for the first time isn’t true contrary to popular belief. She possibly met him in April after Coachella (so I exaggerated, I didn’t mean literally months before the Met Gala haha) as she dyed her hair during Coachella but before the Met Gala possibly at a party/busy bar going by the lyrics in Gorgeous. And it seems like they kept in touch but for whatever reason nothing happened until mid/late summer after she broke up with Tom. 😊

The lyrics in Gorgeous aren’t necessarily about meeting him for the first time though lol. Just because she says Sunset and Vine doesn’t mean she first met Joe in L.A., just that perhaps they’d been at a party there together, and again, the song itself isn’t about a first meeting. I definitely agree that we don’t necessarily know that they first met at the Met Gala, they might have, or they could’ve known each other previously. Gorgeous isn’t the deciding factor though.

She wrote Gorgeous in late summer 2016 and she’d been partying and hanging out with Joe and other friends, I think those parties and nights where she was flirting with him were on her mind, that’s all.

I only discovered folklore last night. What a masterpiece.

MTR and seven broke me.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m a new fan, do people not like Joe?! I literally know nothing about him
I think most people are neutral on him tbh because he doesn’t really do anything.
There are fans who want her to be with Karlie or Harry Styles (or think he’s a cover for her real relationship) so dislike Joe for that reason. But on the whole I’d say most fans either don’t care or just appreciate that he’s made her happy and he helped write some good songs.

Reactions: 3
People need to get over the Karlie thing - the woman has an actual baby now for crying out loud!!!

Kinda doubt either of them are lol, they both have long since sold her master recordings and made loads of money on them and moved on with their lives.
Lol I was just joking around, but Scott seeing Taylor living her best life taking back her music and making it bigger and better for her fans must rankle somewhat!!

People need to get over the Karlie thing - the woman has an actual baby now for crying out loud!!!
Doesn't mean they couldn't have had a fling in the past. As I said, no one really knows anything about her private life. Or her, even. It's all a very crafted image to show the public.

Reactions: 1
The lyrics in Gorgeous aren’t necessarily about meeting him for the first time though lol. Just because she says Sunset and Vine doesn’t mean she first met Joe in L.A., just that perhaps they’d been at a party there together, and again, the song itself isn’t about a first meeting. I definitely agree that we don’t necessarily know that they first met at the Met Gala, they might have, or they could’ve known each other previously. Gorgeous isn’t the deciding factor though.

She wrote Gorgeous in late summer 2016 and she’d been partying and hanging out with Joe and other friends, I think those parties and nights where she was flirting with him were on her mind, that’s all.
Gorgeous is 100% about the first time she saw/met Joe.

• Haha
I think you’re a little overly invested in this lol.
Well if I’m invested in this then so are you since you’re so keen on trying to tell me that I’m wrong 😂🤷🏻‍♀️

In all honestly I’m just very curious about what Taylor is planning on doing with the ATW short film.

Reactions: 4
Well if I’m invested in this then so are you since you’re so keen on trying to tell me that I’m wrong 😂🤷🏻‍♀️
1636224976229.gif

Although I did say that we really don’t know how or why she started to write the song, while you’re claiming 100% complete factual certainty about where when and why it was written and the exact intersection at which she met Joe when everyone really has a vague idea and guess is all.

I think she’s kept her engagement and actual wedding secret, which is a huge feat for a celebrity like her, but she is going to announce she’s married. I mean, it’s gonna come out eventually, she can’t just never acknowledge she got married for the rest of her life. Also she is definitely more private now but she does like to share things and I think if fans thought about it they’d realize she has shared more about Joe than one might assume.

I wouldn’t think that she’d tie a wedding announcement in with her work, but there have been a lot of whispers of some sort of bridal element to one of her releases coming up, and as Deux Moi said, what is Joe to her? Aka, Joe is her husband now, not her boyfriend.
“one single thread of gold tied me to you.”Always stands out as a wedding announcement to me, like she’s talking about a wedding band.

View attachment 850590

Although I did say that we really don’t know how or why she started to write the song, while you’re claiming 100% complete factual certainty about where when and why it was written and the exact intersection at which she met Joe when everyone really has a vague idea and guess is all.
It’s just completely obvious to me (and to a lot of fans who are way more invested when it comes to Taylor and her life, crossed referenced her songs and lyrics, tumblr fans especially) that Gorgeous was written about the first time she met Joe. The lyrics scream that. The intersection was the only part of the song that was confusing because I just think she was being vague and didn’t mean the literal intersection, as there’s a lot of cool trendy places off of Sunset & Vine.

But we can agree to disagree if you want? 😅😊

It’s just completely obvious to me (and to a lot of fans who are way more invested when it comes to Taylor and her life, crossed referenced her songs and lyrics, tumblr fans especially) that Gorgeous was written about the first time she met Joe. The lyrics scream that. The intersection was the only part of the song that was confusing because I just think she was being vague and didn’t mean the literal intersection, as there’s a lot of cool trendy places off of Sunset & Vine.

But we can agree to disagree if you want? 😅😊
Looking at pics of Joe from the MET gala, that haircut... her being a person that's surrounded by models and super hot celebrities.. Met gala joe was not gorgeous lmao

Looking at pics of Joe from the MET gala, that haircut... her being a person that's surrounded by models and super hot celebrities.. Met gala joe was not gorgeous lmao
Hahahaha I know right? His magnetic field she talks about must’ve been so strong for her to of been so attracted to him 😂 buzzcuts are just ewwww 🤢 but trust Joe to of had one of the worst haircuts you can possibly have and yet Taylor Swift fancies the pants off of you 😂 luckily it was only because he was doing reshoots for a film in April 2016.

Hahahaha I know right? His magnetic field she talks about must’ve been so strong for her to of been so attracted to him 😂 buzzcuts are just ewwww 🤢 but trust Joe to of had one of the worst haircuts you can possibly have and yet Taylor Swift fancies the pants off of you 😂 luckily it was only because he was doing reshoots for a film in April 2016.
oh i don't just mean the haircut though. he doesn't give off magnetic/all eyes on you type of attractive person. the way she talks about her partner in rep reminds me of someone that has so much presence that they enter a room and all eyes are on them. that's not joe for me.

oh i don't just mean the haircut though. he doesn't give off magnetic/all eyes on you type of attractive person. the way she talks about her partner in rep reminds me of someone that has so much presence that they enter a room and all eyes are on them. that's not joe for me.
I do actually find him quite attractive! Especially now with his longer hair, a bit of facial hair and his blue eyes! 🙈 he’s a pretty boy and blonde which is apparently my type according to my friends haha! 😅 He also has a nice smile. I wouldn’t of been attracted to him with his buzzcut though so I can kinda understand Taylor when she references his magnetic energy.

Yep these are the famous pics @maytoseptember and this is when they went to a cafe and got maple lattes. In the secret message in the liner notes to all too well, it said “maple latte”.

Here he is wearing it
I’m so fascinated by the way Taylor weaves her relationships into her songs and makes her own life into a kind of lore. The way that fans understand little references to boyfriends and outfits and pap photos, it’s mad 😄

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.