Taylor Swift #2 Look What You Made Her Do (Taylor’s Version)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Im a huge TS fan and have been for my whole adult life but my god Tik Tok made me realise just how unhinged some people are when it comes to TS. Its wild on there 🙈 even worse since TS joined.

Reactions: 6
what do you mean by unhinged
Have you not saw the super fans? Who post no other videos but TS content, tag her in every video they do, analyse every single second of every video then make 2 and 3 part rebuttals to a 30 second video she posts?

Maybe my FYP is different from yours 🙈

Reactions: 4
Im a huge TS fan and have been for my whole adult life but my god Tik Tok made me realise just how unhinged some people are when it comes to TS. Its wild on there 🙈 even worse since TS joined.
If you’ve followed Taylor from the start you know there have definitely been different eras of fans with their own annoying ways but this iteration where the fandom is just entirely based on inspecting every single thing for hidden ~clues~ is the worst. IMO it takes all the fun out of everything. Also even if you did ‘spot’ that, like, certain numbers added up to this date or a colour meant this album or whatever…… it doesn’t actually give you anything! It doesn’t unlock anything or add any meaning, it’s just like… okay yeah maybe she’s releasing something on November 6th, maybe not. And then 9 times out of 10 of course, there’s nothing to it. And it’s not even like you can just let people do their own thing, because IMO it’s entirely overrun online fandom so that all discussion around Taylor is just guessing at the dates or codes or whatever.

But we can agree to disagree if you want? 😅😊
Yep! 😂

If you’ve followed Taylor from the start you know there have definitely been different eras of fans with their own annoying ways but this iteration where the fandom is just entirely based on inspecting every single thing for hidden ~clues~ is the worst. IMO it takes all the fun out of everything. Also even if you did ‘spot’ that, like, certain numbers added up to this date or a colour meant this album or whatever…… it doesn’t actually give you anything! It doesn’t unlock anything or add any meaning, it’s just like… okay yeah maybe she’s releasing something on November 6th, maybe not. And then 9 times out of 10 of course, there’s nothing to it. And it’s not even like you can just let people do their own thing, because IMO it’s entirely overrun online fandom so that all discussion around Taylor is just guessing at the dates or codes or whatever.

Yep! 😂
Oh totally. Maybe its just social media saturation? When I bought (the original) Fearless I didnt know anyone who liked Taylor. I also didnt have much social media, I wasnt on websites like Reddit or Tumblr.

I had the old basic FB and noone was talking about Taylor on there. I didnt even use Twitter then.

But I agree with you, I like having a guess of will we get release on x date or whatever but some of it is a lot and youre right it does take the fun out of it, for me.

Reactions: 3
Also there is definitely this vibe on social media that those fans who crack the codes and inspect every little detail act as if they are the better fans and others can’t touch them.

Reactions: 1
oh i don't just mean the haircut though. he doesn't give off magnetic/all eyes on you type of attractive person. the way she talks about her partner in rep reminds me of someone that has so much presence that they enter a room and all eyes are on them. that's not joe for me.
I feel that about most singers who write about their partners! I have - more than a few times - been surprised by the subject of love songs from certain artist. It’s always so subjective, isn’t it? It reminds me a bit of Doja Cat - I don’t listen to her music, but I saw people post pictures of the person some of her love songs are about, and literally everyone was very confused 😂 The conclusion made was “as long as the music is good!”

Reactions: 2
I think Joe is probably one of those people who is hotter in person. I do think he's good looking though. Some of his modelling shots are 🔥.

The lyrics in Gorgeous aren’t necessarily about meeting him for the first time though lol. Just because she says Sunset and Vine doesn’t mean she first met Joe in L.A., just that perhaps they’d been at a party there together, and again, the song itself isn’t about a first meeting. I definitely agree that we don’t necessarily know that they first met at the Met Gala, they might have, or they could’ve known each other previously. Gorgeous isn’t the deciding factor though.

She wrote Gorgeous in late summer 2016 and she’d been partying and hanging out with Joe and other friends, I think those parties and nights where she was flirting with him were on her mind, that’s all.
How do you know she wrote it then? Has this been said somewhere?

Reactions: 1
Is anyone else just SO BLOODY EXCITED?! Feel like I’ve been waiting for this day for so long and it’s sooooo close now

Reactions: 9
Is anyone else just SO BLOODY EXCITED?! Feel like I’ve been waiting for this day for so long and it’s sooooo close now
Meeee. Red is quite low on my album ranking but sooo excited for vault tracks cos babe and better man are 🔥

I’m can’t decide whether to paint my nails red for Red or bright pink cos it’s also the day Britney will be free (my original pop star fav 💖)

So excited to hear State of Grace TV. Until Folklore came out where I can’t pick a fave it was my favourite song.

Reactions: 5
Come back be here stan here! I also love 'the moment I know' its essentially All Too Wells twin isnt it.

Meeee. Red is quite low on my album ranking but sooo excited for vault tracks cos babe and better man are 🔥

I’m can’t decide whether to paint my nails red for Red or bright pink cos it’s also the day Britney will be free (my original pop star fav 💖)
pink with red ring finger! I had this for valentines this year ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I think Joe is probably one of those people who is hotter in person. I do think he's good looking though. Some of his modelling shots are 🔥.
I agree - and he comes across in person / in a room/ with others might be very different as well compared to how he seems in pictures. Can’t really judge him as he doesn’t really give much away.

I agree - and he comes across in person / in a room/ with others might be very different as well compared to how he seems in pictures. Can’t really judge him as he doesn’t really give much away.
Totally. And in many ways I have to admire the absolute balls on him. Barely known English actor going after a hugely famous, successful, rich, beautiful, talented woman. Many men would feel emasculated, or taken advantage of it all. Yes his profile has grown, but he's hardly taken advantage of it really. And he seems to have allowed her a bit of normality. I just hope he loves her as much as she seems to love him. From the change in how she writes about love now, I think it's genuine. From red to golden.

I really really really (for Taylor's sake) hope the extended version of ATW is worth it and that the short film isn't cringe. 🤞

Reactions: 6
Ohhh… it’s missing a little something something.

I remember exactly the feeling of listening to ATW back in 2012 when the album first came out… it just feels like such a specific song and those unique elements of her early 20s voice somehow feel so particular to it. Her voice and the ‘original’ bring me right to that time, just as great music does. So much of the attraction of Taylor’s vocals is the personality and small quirks that come through, and in a sense you can’t re-create that magic of 22 year old Taylor singing her heart into this song in 2012.
I’m looking forward to hearing the unrecorded songs for sure, but I’m happy with the originals and what they mean to me. I think young fans who just got into her during reputation or Lover or even folklore would feel fine about getting a new ‘Red’.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.