Taylor Swift #2 Look What You Made Her Do (Taylor’s Version)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been thinking about Fearless coming up and reminiscing on that very specific time in my life when the original version came out. I’ve written about it in greater detail in an article but the gist of it is that it’s really lovely to have a new version of this album coming out at a time in my life when I’ve changed and grown as a person but thanks to the pandemic I’m still sort of in the same place as I was when the original album came out.

I’m 23 now and bought Fearless when I was 11. It was one of the first albums I ever bought with my own money and it completely defined my late childhood years. I’ve been listening to the original a lot lately and thinking back to 11 year old me obsessing over the lyrics and dreaming about my secondary school days. Taylor set the bar high for them and while I didn’t quite have the Fearless experience in my teens, it’s lovely to listen to and remember that time in my life with rose tinted glasses.

I cannot wait to hear the re-record of Fifteen as I think it’ll sound so poignant now that she’s in her 30’s, but I think the one I’m most looking forward to is White Horse. She finally found someone “who might actually treat [her] well”!

What songs are you most looking forward to?
Forever and always (piano version)
THE best day
Fearless
White horse
The way I love you.
Hey stephen
I was 17 when this album came out and had my first relationship and break up followed by another relationship and cheated on. And having a crush on someone who didn't know I existed. So I felt every song on this album and became obsessed 🤣. 12 years later I still am. Up until then I didn't know music could understand you this much.

Reactions: 1
I'm half upset that fearless came out when I was 11 and im now 23 and still haven't experienced most of what the songs are about.. (besides the teenage angst and unrequited crushes)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I'm half upset that fearless came out when I was 11 and im now 23 and still haven't experienced most of what the songs are about.. (besides the teenage angst and unrequited crushes)
💐
Covid doesn't help. I feel very sorry for all of you in the prime of your lives with nowhere to go.

I'm 41. Ancient. So Fearless didn't connect with me at the time. The first TS song I loved was Trouble when you walked in.

Reactions: 2
24 and I'm the same, fearless is the most nostalgic of Taylor's albums for me because I related so much to You Belong With Me as a 12/13 year old :ROFLMAO: I've still never felt the love that Taylor describes in her songs, but maybe one day....

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I was 12 when Fearless came out, and I loved it - even though I've not experienced much love and heartbreak. Breathe - although probably wasn't written about grief and bereavement - but for me that song helped me through the loss of one of my grandads and now folklore/evermore are helping me through the loss of my other grandad.
Forever and always (piano version)
THE best day
Fearless
White horse
The way I love you.
Hey stephen
I was 17 when this album came out and had my first relationship and break up followed by another relationship and cheated on. And having a crush on someone who didn't know I existed. So I felt every song on this album and became obsessed 🤣. 12 years later I still am. Up until then I didn't know music could understand you this much.
I find it so heartbreaking to hear when people get cheated on - I know it's been a while but I hope that you're okay. Music is one of the most powerful things in the world (in my opinion), there's always a song that fits your emotions and experiences precisely!

Reactions: 3
I was 12 when Fearless came out, and I loved it - even though I've not experienced much love and heartbreak. Breathe - although probably wasn't written about grief and bereavement - but for me that song helped me through the loss of one of my grandads and now folklore/evermore are helping me through the loss of my other grandad.

I find it so heartbreaking to hear when people get cheated on - I know it's been a while but I hope that you're okay. Music is one of the most powerful things in the world (in my opinion), there's always a song that fits your emotions and experiences precisely!
Thankyou so much for saying. I have been in some awful relationships but met the love of my life at 23. Up to that point I had honestly given up and thought all men were tit. But he treats me with respect and makes everyday brighter. But still can't wait for all the re records to have a good scream along in the car/shower 🤣🤣🤣

I'm 41. Ancient.
I'm 37 and was starting to wonder if I was the oldest TS fan posting in this thread, so it makes me feel good to see other older adults like her too. I notice at her concerts there are all ages in the audience, so that makes me feel less weird liking someone who the media tend to claim is aimed at very young girls.

I became a fan during the 1989 era as I'm generally not into the country stuff, although I did go back and listen to Taylor's previous albums. I'm looking really forward to see what she does with future re-releases after how great Love Story (Taylor's Version) was.

Reactions: 6
I'm 37 and was starting to wonder if I was the oldest TS fan posting in this thread, so it makes me feel good to see other older adults like her too. I notice at her concerts there are all ages in the audience, so that makes me feel less weird liking someone who the media tend to claim is aimed at very young girls.

I became a fan during the 1989 era as I'm generally not into the country stuff, although I did go back and listen to Taylor's previous albums. I'm looking really forward to see what she does with future re-releases after how great Love Story (Taylor's Version) was.
I'm definitely the oldest one here. 🙈😔😂
I think after folklore that idea of a very young demographic will change. Not by everyone, of course. It's partly Taylor's own doing that people tend not to take her seriously as an artist (through single choice). Everyone here knows the point re misogyny and sexism she's making with shake it off, but to many it just sounds like another one of those songs urging you to dance. I personally found love story too sickly sweet when it first came out.

The sad truth though, is that many people will disregard her as credible because she's a young (31 is still young (to me)), white, beautiful woman who came from a pretty privileged background.

She also had some boyfriends in her late teens/early 20s - this automatically means no man is ever gonna take her seriously enough to want to settle down. She's spoiled goods. And she likes to complain about things. Beautiful women need to just stop talking. And be sexy, but not actually have a sex life. God no.

And there are sadly many people who might think some of her songs are good, but will automatically assume she didn't write them. Or that she has songwriting credits, but that the real work was done by her male collaborators.

Oh and the best one. She bought her grammy. OR that the only reason she won was racism. I'm very annoyed that the weeknd was snubbed in the nominations (for playing the superbowl) because it slightly cheapens her very deserved win. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I'm definitely the oldest one here. 🙈😔😂
I think after folklore that idea of a very young demographic will change. Not by everyone, of course. It's partly Taylor's own doing that people tend not to take her seriously as an artist (through single choice). Everyone here knows the point re misogyny and sexism she's making with shake it off, but to many it just sounds like another one of those songs urging you to dance. I personally found love story too sickly sweet when it first came out.

The sad truth though, is that many people will disregard her as credible because she's a young (31 is still young (to me)), white, beautiful woman who came from a pretty privileged background.

She also had some boyfriends in her late teens/early 20s - this automatically means no man is ever gonna take her seriously enough to want to settle down. She's spoiled goods. And she likes to complain about things. Beautiful women need to just stop talking. And be sexy, but not actually have a sex life. God no.

And there are sadly many people who might think some of her songs are good, but will automatically assume she didn't write them. Or that she has songwriting credits, but that the real work was done by her male collaborators.

Oh and the best one. She bought her grammy. OR that the only reason she won was racism. I'm very annoyed that the weeknd was snubbed in the nominations (for playing the superbowl) because it slightly cheapens her very deserved win. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I remember when she won the Grammy for AOTY for Fearless, and everyone said she didn’t even write the songs herself. So she wrote Speak Now completely on her own and people never spoke a word about it again

Reactions: 7
I didn’t believe any of the Katy or Selena collab rumours but now Maren Morris is on backing vocals, I’m thinking Speak Now Vault Track ft Selena vocals + Bad Blood ft Katy vocals 👀

Reactions: 1
I remember when she won the Grammy for AOTY for Fearless, and everyone said she didn’t even write the songs herself. So she wrote Speak Now completely on her own and people never spoke a word about it again
that always annoyed me. Don’t get me wrong I wasn’t a fan of hers at all really until I heard The Man and fell in love with her music. But, I genuinely have never heard the “they don’t write it themselves” argument against any other musician who wins big awards. Beyoncé, for example is cheered for her wins and hailed basically as a god even though the list of writers on her songs are LONG and realistically she probably doesn’t contribute to them just a sign off to say she’s happy or change a word here and there.

Reactions: 6
i've never posted on this thread before but i can't even put into words how much Taylor and her music mean to me

her re-releasing fearless is like crack to me, i've been obsessed with her music since i was 13 and i'm now a 26 year old woman and like many of her fans i have grown up with using her music as a bible and as comfort. ALL the teenage angst, relationship drama and woes i felt when i was younger was completely captured by her lyrics and still are to this day

i even have a tattoo on my forearm of her lyrics in her handwriting from her 1989 polaroids 😂 she is just a huge part of my life i dont even care how sad it sounds!

i am so excited for this re-release and this new song tomorrow 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Just a heads up, the vault song was leaked back in the day so you can find clips and a full cover of it on YouTube

A preview of the song was released on GMA. Love her mature voice and that it is still a country sound to go with Fearless.

i've never posted on this thread before but i can't even put into words how much Taylor and her music mean to me

her re-releasing fearless is like crack to me, i've been obsessed with her music since i was 13 and i'm now a 26 year old woman and like many of her fans i have grown up with using her music as a bible and as comfort. ALL the teenage angst, relationship drama and woes i felt when i was younger was completely captured by her lyrics and still are to this day

i even have a tattoo on my forearm of her lyrics in her handwriting from her 1989 polaroids 😂 she is just a huge part of my life i dont even care how sad it sounds!

i am so excited for this re-release and this new song tomorrow 😅
Oh what lyrics are your tattoo? So interesting!

What do we all think of You All Over Me?

I liked it, but knowing how far she has come in songwriting it was weird for me to hear like 19 year old Tay!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.