Taylor Swift #2 Look What You Made Her Do (Taylor’s Version)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone have a clue what all the ‘twerking’ comments are about on YouTube?
Maybe I’m too old but I don’t get the relevance.

Does anyone have a clue what all the ‘twerking’ comments are about on YouTube?
Maybe I’m too old but I don’t get the relevance.
I think it’s just one of these online lingo trends that go around. Like how “clown” became a thing. I think the twerking thing is basically people saying they’re excited and loving the song but because it’s not a dance song (like something you’d actually twerk to), they say “country twerking”, “depressed twerking” etc

Listened a few more times and it's growing. I like that country twang is back a bit in it.

Reactions: 1
I’m impatient now - I can’t wait for the whole of fearless to be released 😂 I find listening to even just Love Story so uplifting!

Reactions: 5
I’m impatient now - I can’t wait for the whole of fearless to be released 😂 I find listening to even just Love Story so uplifting!
I keep forgetting and then remembering again and it makes me really happy 😂

Change of topic - any Taylor podcast suggestions? I listen to these:

The evolution of a snake - fan made, go through each year of her career, I find it quite funny. They’re not afraid to poke fun at her.

Swiftish - fan made. Mainly has song analysis eps.

Holy Swift - I kind of went off this one as I got a bit bored of it. Another song analysis one.

Ringer - this one is really good, they’re a pop culture one and journalists I think. They’ve been going through each album recently from a music perspective (don’t really talk about her personal life which is refreshing).

Reactions: 2
Ooh never thought to listen to a Taylor podcast but might have a search and listen to some!

Reactions: 1
💐
Covid doesn't help. I feel very sorry for all of you in the prime of your lives with nowhere to go.

I'm 41. Ancient. So Fearless didn't connect with me at the time. The first TS song I loved was Trouble when you walked in.
Dunno how my phone even opened to this post again but I've just realised that isn't the name of the fecking song. 😂😳

Slowly losing my bloody marbles. The struggle is real. 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Only one more week until Fearless is released! Very excited to hear the changes in the re-recorded version.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Have we all seen the video on her socials? Featuring scrambled vault song titles, it looks like Keith Urban will be featuring on one of the tracks. Other track titles are You All Over Me, Mr Perfectly Fine, Don’t You, We Were Happy, Bye Bye Baby and That’s When.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Excellent decoding!
I can’t wait for fearless to be released - so excited to hear how she has reinterpreted the songs and to hear how she has changed between now and then.

Reactions: 2
She can’t really reinterpret them... her voice will likely sound stronger and production might be clearer, but if she even slightly reinterprets or changes the songs in any way then there is no point to the whole thing as people who want to hear the original record will ultimately just keep going back to the originals. The point is that she wants anyone who wants to stream, say, You Belong With Me, to be just as satisfied choosing the re-recorded version. As we’ve seen, there is a lot of nostalgia when it comes to Taylor Swift, so even if she did some acoustic re-recording, in the end if there is that original sound that is what will have the most value... so that’s what she has to replicate.

The reason she is doing all these ‘vault’ songs is that people would get bored of just hearing literal re-records, especially of something like 1989 where it wasn’t that long ago. The vault songs make it seem like she’s offering something new, and she basically has to include ‘new’ material to keep attracting interest to what will ultimately be a rather mundane and arduous task— replicating songs and trying to sell them to the public.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.