Taylor Swift #2 Look What You Made Her Do (Taylor’s Version)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you prefer folklore or evermore? why?
This is so hard... I did a track-by-track comparison of both albums and Evermore won by one point though.
I think overall for me the lyrics on Evermore hit closer to home than Folklore's did, plus it has Cowboy Like Me and Gold Rush, two of my favourite songs ever probably. I also find myself listening to Evermore more than Folklore atm, but that may change in the warmer months. On that note, I absolutely love how she managed to capture the mood of the seasons in both albums. Such talent!!

Reactions: 7
I merged both Albums into one playlist as soon as evermore came out and I just listen to it on repeat, I don't skip any of the songs either, depending what mood I'm in some songs hit different. A song for every mood!

Reactions: 5
Make your perfect folklore/evermore combo album without changing track numbers. I’ll start:
1) the 1
2) champagne problems
3) the last great american dynasty
4) tis the damn season
5) my tears ricochet
6) mirrorball
7) happiness
8) august
9) coney island
10) ivy
11) cowboy like me
12) long story short
13) marjorie
14) betty
15) evermore
16) right where you left me
17) the lakes

that was a lot harder than I thought actually! Even though I prefer folklore as an album I actually picked more evermore songs!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My favourite songs on both albums are the same numbers😩😩I know her track 5s are iconic but its her track 3s for me

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Make your perfect folklore/evermore combo album without changing track numbers. I’ll start:
1) the 1
2) champagne problems
4) tis the damn season
5) my tears ricochet
6) mirrorball
7) happiness
8) august
9) coney island
10) ivy
11) cowboy like me
12) long story short
13) marjorie
14) betty
15) evermore
17) the lakes

that was a lot harder than I thought actually! Even though I prefer folklore as an album I actually picked more evermore songs!
willow
champagne problems
the last great american dynasty

got as far as this before noping out at tis the damn season vs exile! i salute your effort, but for me, it's impossible! 😖

Last edited:
  • Haha
Do you prefer folklore or evermore? why?
Definitely Folklore, though I only love half of it. Evermore doesn't do much for me, except for a couple of songs I absolutely love.

The perfect album for me would have been:

the 1
cardigan
the last great american dinasty
exile
my tears ricochet
mirrorball
seven
august
this is me trying
gold rush
'tis the damn season
tolerate it
marjorie

1) the 1
2) champagne problems
4) exile
5) tolerate it
6) mirrorball
7) happiness
8) august
9) this is me trying
10) illicit affairs
11) invisible strong
12) long story short
13) marjorie
14) closure
15) peace
17) it’s time to go

This was much, much harder than I thought it was going to be, before I did think I would’ve said folklore was by far my favourite but compared track by track, it’s really even. If we were to change track numbers, I think folklore would be the heaviest one I’d take tracks from.

Reactions: 4
1) the 1
2) champagne problems
4) tis the damn season
5) my tears ricochet
6) mirrorball
7) happiness
8) august
9) coney island
10) ivy
11) cowboy like me
12) long story short
13) marjorie
14) betty
15) evermore
17) the lakes

omg love this game! Mine would be

1) the 1
2) champagne problems
3) the last great American dynasty
4) exile
5) my tears ricochet
6) happiness
7) no body, no crine
8) august
9) this is me trying
10) ivy
11) invisible string
12) mad woman
13) betty
14) closure
15) hoax
17) it’s time to go

1) willow (but soooo close)
2) cardigan
3) the last great american dynasty (the hardest choice though, two of my favourite ever taylor songs)
4) exile
5) my tears ricochet
6) no body, no crime
7) seven
8) dorothea
9) coney island
10) ivy (hard choice)
11) cowboy like me
12) long story short (mad woman is one of my favs too 😭)
13) epiphany
14) betty
15) peace
16) the lakes
17) right where you left me

so folklore won by one but pretty much even which isn't surprising

just made 'everlore' side a and side b playlists on spotify with the list above and then the alternate version with the other songs 😭 😭 what have my saturday nights come to ffs

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
'Right where you left me' has really grown on me and iv played it loads recently. It's makes me think of Miss Havisham.

The one song from the new albums I just can't get into is 'seven'.

'Right where you left me' has really grown on me and iv played it loads recently. It's makes me think of Miss Havisham.

The one song from the new albums I just can't get into is 'seven'.
Unpopular opinion but I can’t get into Betty 😞 I wish I could for the sake of the cardigan-Betty-august storyline

• Wow
1) The 1
2) cardigan (but only just, both amazing songs)
4) exile
5) my tears ricochet (very very hard choice but I just relate to this masterpiece slightly more)
6) mirrorball
7) happiness (MY FIRST EVERMORE 🤔)
8) dorothea
9) This is me trying (another very difficult choice because I love coney island)
10) illicit affairs (another hard choice)
11) cowboy like me
12) mad woman
13) Marjorie
14) betty
15) Evermore
16) hoax
17) right where you left me

Mostly folklore, but so many were close calls. A few months ago my DS9 (who is in every way a mini me (and a huge swiftie)) said the first 5 songs on folklore were the best songs he had ever heard. His favourite is now No Body No Crime. Also loves Betty (the clean version, lol), cruel summer and I did something bad.

A few months ago my DS9 (who is in every way a mini me (and a huge swiftie)) said the first 5 songs on folklore were the best songs he had ever heard. His favourite is now No Body No Crime. Also loves Betty (the clean version, lol), cruel summer and I did something bad.
what a legend hahaha

• Heart
1) the 1
2) champagne problems
4) tis the damn season
5) my tears ricochet
6) mirrorball
7) happiness
8) august
9) coney island
10) ivy
11) cowboy like me
12) long story short
13) marjorie
14) betty
15) evermore
17) the lakes

1. the 1
2. Champagne Problems
3. The Last Great American Dynasty
4. 'Tis The Damn Season
5. My Tears Ricochet
6. Mirrorball
7. Happiness
8. Dorothea
9. Coney Island
10. Ivy
11. Oooh this is difficult... right now Cowboy Like Me
12. Long Story Short
13. Marjorie
14. Closure
15. Peace
16. Right Where You Left Me
17. The Lakes (BEAUTIFUL song)

Reactions: 3
Caught up on the Grammys performance and really loved it. Taylor is phenomenal live. Possibly the best live performer of her generation, I'd suggest.

Reactions: 5
I’ve been thinking about Fearless coming up and reminiscing on that very specific time in my life when the original version came out. I’ve written about it in greater detail in an article but the gist of it is that it’s really lovely to have a new version of this album coming out at a time in my life when I’ve changed and grown as a person but thanks to the pandemic I’m still sort of in the same place as I was when the original album came out.

I’m 23 now and bought Fearless when I was 11. It was one of the first albums I ever bought with my own money and it completely defined my late childhood years. I’ve been listening to the original a lot lately and thinking back to 11 year old me obsessing over the lyrics and dreaming about my secondary school days. Taylor set the bar high for them and while I didn’t quite have the Fearless experience in my teens, it’s lovely to listen to and remember that time in my life with rose tinted glasses.

I cannot wait to hear the re-record of Fifteen as I think it’ll sound so poignant now that she’s in her 30’s, but I think the one I’m most looking forward to is White Horse. She finally found someone “who might actually treat [her] well”!

What songs are you most looking forward to?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I remember first hearing Teardrops On my Guitar on the radio and it was before the days of shazam so I had to take my 8 year old self to youtube to listen to every song until I found it so my dad could download it to my barbie mp3 player 😭

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I’ve been thinking about Fearless coming up and reminiscing on that very specific time in my life when the original version came out. I’ve written about it in greater detail in an article but the gist of it is that it’s really lovely to have a new version of this album coming out at a time in my life when I’ve changed and grown as a person but thanks to the pandemic I’m still sort of in the same place as I was when the original album came out.

I’m 23 now and bought Fearless when I was 11. It was one of the first albums I ever bought with my own money and it completely defined my late childhood years. I’ve been listening to the original a lot lately and thinking back to 11 year old me obsessing over the lyrics and dreaming about my secondary school days. Taylor set the bar high for them and while I didn’t quite have the Fearless experience in my teens, it’s lovely to listen to and remember that time in my life with rose tinted glasses.

I cannot wait to hear the re-record of Fifteen as I think it’ll sound so poignant now that she’s in her 30’s, but I think the one I’m most looking forward to is White Horse. She finally found someone “who might actually treat [her] well”!

What songs are you most looking forward to?
Oooh, I am 29 now and was 16 when it came out. I was in my first relationship and also went through my first breakup, I could relate to the angsty songs so much (Tell Me Why and The Way I Loved You). I find that I don't like Fearless as much now as it is SO angsty and her voice is weak. Perhaps the re-recording will make me love it again though.
I am looking forward to hearing Change. Love the lyrics but the original Fearless version sounds like a bad screechy demo.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.