Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Em28_

Chatty Member
My favourite lyric is still the play on words of “I've come too far to watch some namedropping sleaze
Tell me what are my words worth” I think it’s absolutely stunning.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
We all have people we'd rather avoid but sometimes can't...
We do but not “be their bridesmaid” level of contact. I’d say they’re still very good friends and it gives me the ick. I’m okay with that though, I can enjoy her music and not like her taste in friends.

Nottsgirl

Chatty Member
I’m also convinced they’re married. She’s talked about it too much in songs and even referenced having kids with him which would tie them together forever. They’re planning on staying with each other for the long haul I think.

Personally I would love if she was married and no one knew. She truly went from being papped every day to no one knowing anything about her life in the space of five years. Good for her.

Lilykins

VIP Member
Urgh Lena Dunham… I imagine she’d be one of those people that always smells of B.O.

I also kinda forgot they were friends! Thought they’d distance after Lena and Jack Antanoff broke up.

Last edited:

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Because the internet was going mad expecting a 1989 announcement. She's telling us she's taking this slooooow. Unfortunately.

But 30 songs?? The vault song are probably my favourites on fearless tv. o_O

And yes, Jake Gyllenhaal be like :oops:
Jake will be shitting a brick. The Moment I Knew about her birthday party and waiting for him is soul destroying.

She had Mr Perfectly Fine up her sleeve for Joe. Whats coming for Jake 🤡

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Is anyone else just SO BLOODY EXCITED?! Feel like I’ve been waiting for this day for so long and it’s sooooo close now

slugella

VIP Member
She would make a fortune if she released a scarf as merch, similar to what she did with cardigan 😂

Ahh I can't believe red is next. One of my fave albums. I hope the long version of ATL meets expectations!

• Haha

kachoochoo

VIP Member
Are you guys gonna listen in order or the new tracks first? I did it in order for fearless but I think I’ll listen to the vault songs first as there’s so many
straight to the end for the 10 min all too well first, then probs a proper listen through

• Heart

bublifuk

New long snippet of Wildest Dreams (TV)

Her vocals were already great on the original but now she sounds simply divine. Her technique is much more controlled and she experiments more with her voice if that makes sense?

• Heart

xoxoxo13

VIP Member
I think a lot of the new verses in ATW10 were either reworked or simply written for this. The style is too different, and there are some lyrics from ATW in the lover diaries and none of them are in the song.

I believe the ten minute version was probably her mumbling ideas of lyrics. But the song became a fan favorite and once she mentioned the ten minute demo everyone became obsessed with it. And once she had to re-record RED, she couldn't add vault tracks without the ten minute version.

It felt like the new lyrics were written with the short film in mind, like a soundtrack. Like she was looking back on the relationship 10 ish years later. Not like she wrote them at 19 or 20 years old.

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
I'm older! Also mum of 2.

I love Taylor. She's just so talented, intelligent and takes no shit. Her songwriting abilities are incredible and she isn't famous for showing her ass or having an overly sexualised image (unlike a lot of them).
Agreed. Taylor got a bad rep for 'dating' which was absolutely ridiculous. Men do it all the time and nothing is said.

Also a lot of these men she dated were older than Taylor. John Mayer 🤮 and Jake Gyllenhaal. Very little is ever said about that.

I think a lot of people who felt negatively about Taylor have realised that the media drove this persona and storyline of her that may not have been accurate.

You cannot listen to Red and not hear a broken hearted young woman. Not exactly the player the media would have you believe.

I love her and Joe together and the songs about him and their relationship are just beautiful and Im so glad shes kept this one to herself for them to be happy.

newtoyou

VIP Member
I see Taylor has called out Netflix/a show called Ginny and Georgia for essentially slut-shaming her. Honestly, no wonder she is sick of it. She's been through the wringer for this since 2010 or earlier. Not sure if anyone has seen this Ellen clip but she basically pushed Taylor to almost tears and I am surprised Taylor has reappeared with her. Ellen is known for being a nasty piece of work.

I feel like post-rep Taylor is saying all the stuff she wanted to say when she was younger.

I always wondered that about her Ellen interview too. I remember specifically calling it out (without naming Ellen but talking about a slideshow of men). I always thought her lover interview in the purple dress was so awkward.

bublifuk

Yeh same, it gets boring when one person wins everything. I feel really sorry for Billie Eilish though, this is the second year in a row she’s felt bad for winning. Probably cos of the crazy people on Twitter
Yeah, I feel bad for Billie, she's young and rose to immense fame so quickly. Sure, maybe others would have deserved the awards just as much, but she didn't choose to win. If I was a musician or celebrity these days I would not be on social media, people are so bitter and miserable.

I was kind of annoyed that Phoebe Bridgers didn't win Best New Artist, at least, but Megan Thee Stallion was a deserving winner too.
This year there were too many deserving people nominated tbh! I would have loved to see Chloe x Halle win something, their album is so so good.

I think 2020 was such a strong year for music that so many albums and songs were equally deserving of awards but obviously not all of them could win. I think Folklore could've swept in other years but with a contender as strong as Future Nostalgia, you can't win 'em all. I wonder if/what Evermore will be nominated for and if she'll perform again seeing as she incorporated Willow into this year's performance. Also I was wondering if any of her new recordings would be elligible for awards. Do they just count as remasters even though she's fully re-recording the whole thing? I know they're going to be counted as brand new songs on spotify.
Evermore is largely being treated as a B-side to Folklore, so I don't see it winning anything. Although I hope she submits it and it gets some nominations at least.
Re-recordings are eligible, but the question is if she'll submit them (my bet is no). She already won one of the big categories three times in a short amount of time and trying to win with basically the same album twice is tacky imo. It would make her look greedy.