Taylor Swift #2 Look What You Made Her Do (Taylor’s Version)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't get into the rerecordings at all, because it's not the voice that narrated all my feelings as a teenager. Her voice at 18 just, matched the themes in fearless, for example.
Even the vault tracks, 'bye bye baby' was all over youtube in the early 2010s, and it was probably her singing at 13, 14. It's like that's the voice i memorized the songs with. I understand what she's doing with the rerecordings, I just don't like how they sound.

Reactions: 8
Ohhh… it’s missing a little something something.

I remember exactly the feeling of listening to ATW back in 2012 when the album first came out… it just feels like such a specific song and those unique elements of her early 20s voice somehow feel so particular to it. Her voice and the ‘original’ bring me right to that time, just as great music does. So much of the attraction of Taylor’s vocals is the personality and small quirks that come through, and in a sense you can’t re-create that magic of 22 year old Taylor singing her heart into this song in 2012.
I’m looking forward to hearing the unrecorded songs for sure, but I’m happy with the originals and what they mean to me. I think young fans who just got into her during reputation or Lover or even folklore would feel fine about getting a new ‘Red’.
Im most exited for the pre-1989 re-recorded because I’m interested in how she changes that old country voice now her voice is so much better. I don’t think I’ll prefer any of the new versions necessarily but I like hearing the new vocal bits like in tell me why 😍
Whereas wildest dreams TV didn’t really do anything for me cos her voice is so similar

Reactions: 2
I feel like in that small snippet she is no longer in pain or heart broken.

Sounds healed and stronger.

Reactions: 4
There's a new video going around on IG where she says that there will be more signed CDs (fearless I think?) allotted to the UK because they sold out very quickly.
Is it just me or does she have a lisp on that video? She's never had a lisp. Could it be veneers? Can lip injections cause a lisp?

Signed CDs of Red TV are available on her uk store. £15.94 inc delivery, if anyone wants one?

There's a new video going around on IG where she says that there will be more signed CDs (fearless I think?) allotted to the UK because they sold out very quickly.
Is it just me or does she have a lisp on that video? She's never had a lisp. Could it be veneers? Can lip injections cause a lisp?
Probably what this was about. Haven't seen lispy video though.

Reactions: 1
I can't get into the rerecordings at all, because it's not the voice that narrated all my feelings as a teenager. Her voice at 18 just, matched the themes in fearless, for example.
Even the vault tracks, 'bye bye baby' was all over youtube in the early 2010s, and it was probably her singing at 13, 14. It's like that's the voice i memorized the songs with. I understand what she's doing with the rerecordings, I just don't like how they sound.
I agree, especially with some of her country music, her accent with specific words enhances the song. When her pronunciation is slightly different, I feel as if it can make the song less enjoyable.

Signed CDs of Red TV are available on her uk store. £15.94 inc delivery, if anyone wants one?
I’ve ordered mine! Glad I waited til now to get a signed one! Fancy the vinyl but can’t quite justify the £££ right now!

Eeeeek my album arrived! No spoilers from me I promise unless people have questions.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Eeeeek my album arrived! No spoilers from me I promise unless people have questions.
I’m really hopeful my cd will arrive today, it was shipped last night and normally stuff from Taylor’s shop arrives the next day! I’ve actually listened to the leak already, but I don’t feel bad as I’ve bought the standard cd, signed cd and vinyl so Taylor has already got a lot of my money

Reactions: 3
I’m really hopeful my cd will arrive today, it was shipped last night and normally stuff from Taylor’s shop arrives the next day! I’ve actually listened to the leak already, but I don’t feel bad as I’ve bought the standard cd, signed cd and vinyl so Taylor has already got a lot of my money
I bought mine from Amazon rather than her shop, not sure if that makes a difference. I’ve barely had a chance to listen to it properly, I’ve managed the vault songs and a couple from the first cd. Can’t wait for tomorrow so we can all discuss

i really wish she wasn't doing collabs or feats with the vault tracks. I want to hear it in her voice. people on Twitter are saying phoebe has a verse in ATW

I wouldn’t believe everything you read on Twitter 😉 I think some people are making stuff up

I bought mine from her store and it hasn't arrived yet so I feel no guilt listening to the leaks. It'll be the first (and probably) last CD I've ever played in my car....I hope the CD player actually works 😬

i really wish she wasn't doing collabs or feats with the vault tracks. I want to hear it in her voice. people on Twitter are saying phoebe has a verse in ATW
Spoiler alert, I’ve listened to ATW both the 5 min and 10 min and nobody else features other than Taylor, it’s completely made up.

Reactions: 6
I bought mine from her store and it hasn't arrived yet so I feel no guilt listening to the leaks. It'll be the first (and probably) last CD I've ever played in my car....I hope the CD player actually works 😬
I dont have a CD player at all, even in the car 😂 so as much as I wanted a signed one I cant bring myself to do it.

Chucked all the DVD players out too.

I dont have a CD player at all, even in the car 😂 so as much as I wanted a signed one I cant bring myself to do it.

Chucked all the DVD players out too.
I totally feel like I've fallen for shrewd corporate Taylor's plan, I don't even like stuff cluttering the house and the speakers in my car are rubbish. But it might be handy to have on standby for when there's no radio or internet signal 😆

At least I didn't fall for buying signed "me!" or the £35 100% acrylic scarf 😶
Screenshot_20211111-152655_Chrome.jpg

I saw on this on tumblr but did you all see her cd is selling for 20.10 in the US store and the font is purple … speak now coming next?

Spoiler alert, I’ve listened to ATW both the 5 min and 10 min and nobody else features other than Taylor, it’s completely made up.
omg sorry! it was on another song, I got confused amidst my ATW anticipation
original point still stands though, I wish the vault tracks were all just her singing.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.