Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

grannypants

Chatty Member
Oh wow I've just listened to the 10 min ATW and it actually made me cry!!

There's so much raw emotion in the lyrics, I loved that she spoke directly to him in the last verse too 😭😭

Reactions: 8

xoxoxo13

VIP Member
I can't get into the rerecordings at all, because it's not the voice that narrated all my feelings as a teenager. Her voice at 18 just, matched the themes in fearless, for example.
Even the vault tracks, 'bye bye baby' was all over youtube in the early 2010s, and it was probably her singing at 13, 14. It's like that's the voice i memorized the songs with. I understand what she's doing with the rerecordings, I just don't like how they sound.

newtoyou

VIP Member
I have a theory that the 10 minute version was actually written this year 😅 no doubt it did exist originally but maybe not as a fully formed song, and maybe not even recorded. I just have this feeling she knew the fans would die for it so she bought it into existence when there wasn’t actually a 10 minute recorded version or fleshed out lyrics to begin with.
(But I still can’t wait obviously!)

My guess is that Champagne Problems is about Taylor Lautner as it gives me strong Back to December vibes and there were rumours back then about him proposing and her turning it down
Weren't they like... super young? She has stated several times that she now writes a lot of her songs about fictional characters (sometimes even inspired by books she has read, etc) so I wouldn't be so quick to relate that song to a brief relationship she had almost a decade ago.

Lilykins

VIP Member
On her next tour Taylor could literally go ‘and my next special guest is….. my CHILD - surprise, bitches’ and we’d have no idea she even had one until that moment 😂

• Haha

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
People are absolutely insane when trying to decipher what Taylor is referring to.

I honestly believe the Brits picture was just that - a picture of her outfit accompanied by the words from Mirrorball with the way Londoners say 'love'. I don't think it's anything beyond that. TikTok has gone absolutely wild with detective stories about it, and I can't stand how everyone hangs on the worlds of Stephen Sully on there. He's just a fan with opinions, not in the know at all.

I'm glad that even though I love her music and her as a person, the Easter Eggs are too much for me. I'd rather just wait for the announcements which can't be far off.

Lilykins

VIP Member
I must say whatever order they are released in, it’s expensive work being a t swift fan at the moment 🤣

• Haha

kachoochoo

VIP Member
I was not NOT a mess at my desk today...

that last hallelujah in change 😭 I'm far too old to do the stan "proud of you" thing, but yeah

I feel a bit indignant that we've been deprived of mr perfectly fine for all this time! it will not leave my head!

loved to rediscover the few songs in the middle that for some reason I didn't listen to much - breathe, tell me why, you're not sorry

and that variety article saying they can't tell any difference in her voice - what? there are loads of very tiny, but very noticable differences

• Heart

slugella

VIP Member
I've seen so many social media posts acting like releasing Wildest Dreams TV is some sort of clue, but surely it's just because like others have said it's trending and she would rather her version be used. So more of a business decision than anything, or am I missing something?

I don’t think fans begrudge it nor should they, but it’s interesting how they digest and circulate certain narratives. Even the way they refer to “Scooter not getting any money”, like they were given the name and that’s an easy story to repeat and they now feel as though they are active participants in righting this big injustice… it’s a smart marketing move as it’s an easier story to remember if fans just see it as this one fight against one “bad man”, nevermind that Scooter sold the masters years ago and she obviously has motivations beyond him.

It’s hard to sell the concept of re-recordings and have fans buy them, and so she uses certain strategies to do so, and it ends not in fans realizing the huge commercial feat they perform to purchase re recordings en masse— but rather fans saying “She is doing this for us! She is treating us! Taylor is so good to us!” It’s actually… really fucking weird lol.

I also think it’s funny how clear it is that her fan interaction is solely a marketing tactic but fans think they are really friends. Taylor blatantly appears on platforms now just before a music release in order to get fans to start promoting and sharing her work but you see fans saying it’s because “she missed us!” Uh no, it’s a stage in a marketing strategy. She has her own friends and life. But there is labour she can easily ask of fans now but they don’t see it as such. It’s just interesting.
Agree. I find her relationship with her fans really interesting. She does seem to genuinely appreciate them, and does more than she has to, seeking out individual fans to give back to them, inviting to her house to hear songs etc. But this all works in her favour and makes her fans love her even more, even though it is still a nice thing for her to do.

It is v weird how people act like she's doing THEM a favour by releasing these new versions, when they are the ones building her career and earning her money. 😂 She is obvs very clever and has a smart team behind her. I really love her music but don't really follow all the Easter egg stuff it's a bit exhausting haha.

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
I refuse to allow myself to be drawn into anymore of these speculations. Says I at the moment.

🤡 we all know I will.

• Haha
Reactions: 7

bublifuk

she didn't win any Grammys at all?
She won Album of the Year!

Oh I'm so happy for her, Folklore really was the album of the pandemic year.
Her performance was amazing too, the best alongside Doja and Megan imo. A lot of other performers were just... kinda there? lol

BelleAmie

VIP Member
Guys I’m still hiding my face in shame after being convinced Woodvale was coming out last week, I can’t get sucked into more theories again.

• Haha

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Sounds like we are all gonna be wrecks November 19th.

If its 30 songs long and one of them is 10 minutes. Im going to have to take the day off work. 🤷‍♀️🥴

Also yes to State of Grace!! One of my fave track 1s. The moment I knew aswell. Cannot wait.

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
This would be impossible to do as she has about 200 songs and I love at least half of them.

I see Joe has been signed up to play Nick in Conversations with friends..

I have read the book, but haven't read Normal People (I have watched it though), so I'm not sure if the writing of the sex scenes was done in the same way. There's plenty of sex in the CWF book but it's not overly descriptive. There's a tonne of very intimate sex scenes in the NP drama... it almost felt intrusive. 🙈 So, I wonder we're gonna be seeing a LOT more of Joe soon.

It's a very gritty role, definitely. And should get plenty of attention. Could be his major breakthrough.
didn’t know they were adapting conversations with friends. They’ll have a hard job to make it interesting I found the book dull af. He’s an interesting choice, I always imagined Nick as older.

No Taylor song tops Mirrorball for me. It’s beautiful.
“You are not like the regulars
The masquerade revelers
Drunk as they watch my shattered edges glisten”

my heart 💔

Last edited:
  • Heart

getawaywithit

VIP Member
She can’t really reinterpret them... her voice will likely sound stronger and production might be clearer, but if she even slightly reinterprets or changes the songs in any way then there is no point to the whole thing as people who want to hear the original record will ultimately just keep going back to the originals. The point is that she wants anyone who wants to stream, say, You Belong With Me, to be just as satisfied choosing the re-recorded version. As we’ve seen, there is a lot of nostalgia when it comes to Taylor Swift, so even if she did some acoustic re-recording, in the end if there is that original sound that is what will have the most value... so that’s what she has to replicate.

The reason she is doing all these ‘vault’ songs is that people would get bored of just hearing literal re-records, especially of something like 1989 where it wasn’t that long ago. The vault songs make it seem like she’s offering something new, and she basically has to include ‘new’ material to keep attracting interest to what will ultimately be a rather mundane and arduous task— replicating songs and trying to sell them to the public.