Taylor Swift #2 Look What You Made Her Do (Taylor’s Version)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone listened to the Olivia Rodrigo album yet?

Im way too old to be listening to teen angst but its definitely a good listen :) baby Taylor!
I think she's good, the 2 singles so far have been great. Loves a breakup song too, obviously. 😂

I'm less fond of her little bird voice though. If she didn't sing like that I'd like her more. I dunno why that type of singing is so popular.

I'm not a fan of overly powerful voices either though. Taylor might not be the technically best singer, but I love her voice, especially with how it has improved in the last few years.

Reactions: 3
I think she's good, the 2 singles so far have been great. Loves a breakup song too, obviously. 😂

I'm less fond of her little bird voice though. If she didn't sing like that I'd like her more. I dunno why that type of singing is so popular.

I'm not a fan of overly powerful voices either though. Taylor might not be the technically best singer, but I love her voice, especially with how it has improved in the last few years.
I really liked Brutal. She is good :) she did a word association with Elle and did quite a few TS songs.

Completely agree with this. I think lyrically she has some good lines and some decent songs for her age there but I’m just not a fan of the way she sings
I don’t mind how some of the songs are sung at points but then there may just be one section where I just don’t think it sounds quite right

She’s talented though and has potential. I really like good 4 u, nothing else has quite sprung out at me as something to listen to but I may try and listen to some of the songs later

Reactions: 2
I loved Deja Vu and Drivers License but the majority of the album seems to be more Paramore than Taylor, will keep listening to see if it’s a grower!

The whole Olivia love triangle thing is a bit :unsure: now that Josh appears to have come out as gay? Or is he bi?

I don't actually care. I'm too old for this tit.

• Haha
The whole Olivia love triangle thing is a bit :unsure: now that Josh appears to have come out as gay? Or is he bi?

I don't actually care. I'm too old for this tit.

Well, to be fair, they have both said repeatedly that Driver's Licence wasn't about Josh, and that it was her (producers/co song writer?) idea to change the lyrics to a "blonde" so 🤷‍♀️

I actually love Sour. There isn't a single song that I don't like and there's at least three songs on there that give me major Taylor vibes. It feels nostalgic to me in a weird way, relatable, but is fresh and new. The whole album just seems to be about toxic relationships in general; with a partner, with family, with social media. I'm definitely a fan.

Also, while here, and on subject, I do not get the whole Taylor Easter Egg thing. I am impressed with those that figure them out. I would even know where to start.

Well, to be fair, they have both said repeatedly that Driver's Licence wasn't about Josh, and that it was her (producers/co song writer?) idea to change the lyrics to a "blonde" so 🤷‍♀️

I actually love Sour. There isn't a single song that I don't like and there's at least three songs on there that give me major Taylor vibes. It feels nostalgic to me in a weird way, relatable, but is fresh and new. The whole album just seems to be about toxic relationships in general; with a partner, with family, with social media. I'm definitely a fan.

Also, while here, and on subject, I do not get the whole Taylor Easter Egg thing. I am impressed with those that figure them out. I would even know where to start.
I'll have to give this album a listen when I can. I'm the same about the easter eggs!

I loved Deja Vu and Drivers License but the majority of the album seems to be more Paramore than Taylor, will keep listening to see if it’s a grower!
I heard a song on the radio the other day that to me sounded like a crap rip off of misery business by paramore- turns out it’s good 4 u by Olivia. Surprised as it sounds so different to drivers license (which I don’t mind apart from the cliche singing style)

Reactions: 4
I heard a song on the radio the other day that to me sounded like a crap rip off of misery business by paramore- turns out it’s good 4 u by Olivia. Surprised as it sounds so different to drivers license (which I don’t mind apart from the cliche singing style)
Yeah I’ve listened to it a bit and it’s like cut price paramore, Lorde, billie Eilish.... nothing is particularly original , shame because I enjoyed deja vu and driver’s license.

Already completed production. :unsure: That's quite the respected cast too. :unsure: No title though.
Shame she's working with David O Russell.. He has had horrible sexual assault allegations about him. And admitted sexually assaulting his 19 (?) yr old trans niece a few years ago. Given how she spoke out about Me Too and being groped it seems like poor judgement. Very strange.

• Wow
Shame she's working with David O Russell.. He has had horrible sexual assault allegations about him. And admitted sexually assaulting his 19 (?) yr old trans niece a few years ago. Given how she spoke out about Me Too and being groped it seems like poor judgement. Very strange.

I’ve never heard of this guy (I’m not really with it when it comes to directors etc) but from reading that I’m so surprised Taylor has signed on to be in a film of his.

I’ve never heard of this guy (I’m not really with it when it comes to directors etc) but from reading that I’m so surprised Taylor has signed on to be in a film of his.
She's not making any money from touring. She was probably offered the role and took it.

She's not making any money from touring. She was probably offered the role and took it.
As people have said, I doubt it’s about money - she is a millionaire hundreds of times over - she could retire now and never have to worry about money again!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.