Tattle Turds #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooh, that's interesting!
Have you read 'Five' about the Ripper victims?
It is brilliant.
The author posted on her Twitter that the victims' graves often have piles of pennies on them as a mark of respect. Apparently the only reason they were attacked was because they were rough sleepers (they weren't prostitutes as commonly believed)) and they couldn't afford the 4 pennies for a room in a boarding house.
When people visit the graves they put the pennies on as a way of saying that they would've helped (albeit 150 years later) and as a memorial to them.

*sorry, I know I've gone OT in a big way but this has really piqued my interest!

I did not know this. This is an anything goes thread btw 🥰
I find this fascinating and poignant.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Ooh, that's interesting!
Have you read 'Five' about the Ripper victims?
It is brilliant.
The author posted on her Twitter that the victims' graves often have piles of pennies on them as a mark of respect. Apparently the only reason they were attacked was because they were rough sleepers (they weren't prostitutes as commonly believed)) and they couldn't afford the 4 pennies for a room in a boarding house.
When people visit the graves they put the pennies on as a way of saying that they would've helped (albeit 150 years later) and as a memorial to them.

*sorry, I know I've gone OT in a big way but this has really piqued my interest!
Ooh, I didn't know that! I might have a look over the weekend and see if that's the case! I haven't read much on JTR but we did go to the museum a while back. That was a fun date. /s

Reactions: 6
I can’t disclose fully, but I was 17. Current Mr M33L4 was my first bf after the incident, I was his first gf. This is why our relationship was fast tracked this time round. It felt like being home after many years of my first husband treating me like a broken doll. I don’t always want to be a victim of what happened to me, and I didn’t want that to be the excuse for my anger and disappointment in him when it was his behaviour that warranted it.

• Heart
I stuck my head above the parapet and will retreat for a while.
I am fuming
I may avoid today then.. especially after my fiasco of a day!

I'm more respectful these days. I weirdly like walking around reading the gravestones. I always wonder what was written on the ones so faded you cant see
Me too! I enjoy reading the dedications on each one. And I find the ones where couples end up in the same patch weirdly sweet?
when I was at school we went on a trip to Ypes and saw the war graves. That was absolutely haunting.

I think robins mate for life. Or is that swans??!
Penguins!!! They propose with a pebble

• Heart
Wow. I love old graveyards, but not at night!
One of my hobbies is visiting graveyards. I could happily spend the night in them. I’ve come to the conclusion you have more to fear from the living than the dead.

Highgate Cemetery is one of my favourite places. I love reading the inscriptions on the stones.

A lot of people think it’s a weird hobby but I find it so relaxing and peaceful.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
One of my hobbies is visiting graveyards. I could happily spend the night in them. I’ve come to the conclusion you have more to fear from the living than the dead.

Highgate Cemetery is one of my favourite places. I love reading the inscriptions on the stones.

A lot of people think it’s a weird hobby but I find it so relaxing and peaceful.
I so agree with you and I'd join you, I can offer a big flask for tea (y) and a big dog for protection but saying that, he's a total wimp and hides behind me mostly so not sure how much use he'd be as guard dog :LOL:

• Haha
I so agree with you and I'd join you, I can offer a big flask for tea (y) and a big dog for protection but saying that, he's a total wimp and hides behind be mostly so not sure how much use he'd be as guard dog :LOL:
I’d love that and we‘d look after him!😍

• Heart
@MooBelle Don't worry that sort of thing is right up this thread's street (y) it's not a derail at all and I find that sort of thing pretty fascinating (y)

I’d love that and we‘d look after him!😍
He'd love that, he'd wedge himself squarely between us so we could both reach him to soothe his worried brow when a rustley leaf rustled or an owl hooted and gave him a wee jump :ROFLMAO:

Had an owl hooting outside a few months ago and the first time he heard it he was very worried - doesn't raise his head on fireworks night oh no! But an owl hooting softly a good distance away is freakin terrifying apparently 🤦‍♀️ :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: 😂 😂 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
I may avoid today then.. especially after my fiasco of a day!

Me too! I enjoy reading the dedications on each one. And I find the ones where couples end up in the same patch weirdly sweet?
when I was at school we went on a trip to Ypes and saw the war graves. That was absolutely haunting.

Penguins!!! They propose with a pebble
Omg visiting Ypes was weirdly what got me interested in it

Actually penguins have been known to cheat 😲

• Wow
I loved the news story about the two gay penguins who had done so well taking care of decoy eggs that the keepers started to gave them real ones to hatch and raise ❤

Ooh I thought they mated for life too, naughty 🐧s! :ROFLMAO: I do think it's really cute the pebble thing though 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 8
ETA started a conversation will save for another day @M33L4 💕💖😘
you have more to fear from the living than the dead.
Was brought up being told that👍 can I recommend to anyone interested "Highgate" by shani struthers awesome fictional story based upon shreads of truth

• Heart
Reactions: 4
@Penguin86 The little bits of your garden you can see looks really nice btw! Love your bird pics, have you got a proper camera or is that your phone you are using? They are really good quality pictures ❤

Ok so after sharing some upsetting personal stories last night I was feeling a bit down and was remembering some other not so fun thins. One of them that crossed my mind again (it's a regular tbh) was about that time I was really bad and wished I was a tree. It was a really horrible time for me and it was a really upsetting moment and thought.

Anyway I decided to cheer myself up by writing a happy wee song I made up about it :LOL: I don't often do stuff like this btw but sometimes I just have to write it down or it'll get stuck in my head if that makes sense? 🤦‍♀️

Anyway should you wish to sing it to yourself, it's an upbeat happy tune set in my head to a bit of a country melody for some reason 🤷‍♀️ I hope you enjoy it, I've been singing it round the kitchen :ROFLMAO:

If I had a Wish by GLP

I wish I was, I wish I was a tree.

I'd live my life in peaceful harmony.

My branches wouldn’t hide, I’d spread them far and wide.

Oh If I was, if I was a tree.

Oh I wish I was, I wish I was a stone.

Cause if I was, I wouldn’t have to roam.

Yes I’d always have known, the forest floor’s my home.

Oh if I was, if I was a stone.

I wish I could live life out as the wind,

Blowing here, there, everywhere I’ve been.

Every land I’d see, I’d been the travel Queen.

Oh if I lived my life out as the wind.

If I could have only just one wish,

I wouldn’t ask for riches or a kiss.

My only wish would be, that I could be a tree.

Yes I would wish, wish to be a tree.

And if I was, Oh! How happy I would be.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
@Penguin86 The little bits of your garden you can see looks really nice btw! Love your bird pics, have you got a proper camera or is that your phone you are using? They are really good quality pictures ❤

Ok so after sharing some upsetting personal stories last night I was feeling a bit down and was remembering some other not so fun thins. One of them that crossed my mind again (it's a regular tbh) was about that time I was really bad and wished I was a tree. It was a really horrible time for me and it was a really upsetting moment and thought.

Anyway I decided to cheer myself up by writing a happy wee song I made up about it :LOL: I don't often do stuff like this btw but sometimes I just have to write it down or it'll get stuck in my head if that makes sense? 🤦‍♀️

Anyway should you wish to sing it to yourself, it's an upbeat happy tune set in my head to a bit of a country melody for some reason 🤷‍♀️ I hope you enjoy it, I've been singing it round the kitchen :ROFLMAO:

If I had a Wish by GLP

Ooh that's really cheered (wrong word possibly 🤔) me up i feel that sense of wanting to be someone/something else also in Boatman by Levellers. But I always sing it in my head as "if I could chose the life I'd live then I would be a goat herd"🤭. Was just starting to be a bit emotional it's a bad night with mum (they random & I can't tell when it'll occur). Thank you for sharing I value having these "conversations" I feel exceptionally bad when I start to have trouble dealing with mums illness, then the inner arguments start.

Love all the discussions😘💕💖🌈🫂

• Heart
Reactions: 4

If I had a Wish by GLP

Its a proper camera but its through a dirty window so not as crisp as it could be 🤣
Im being held hostage by a sleeping cat. She's using my hand as a pillow 😻😻😻
Been stuck for 20 mins
20220121_200512.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.