Tattle Turds #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not babbling at allπŸ’•I strongly argue back now with that inner voice. And yes we are all diff, no one thing suits everyoneπŸ˜˜πŸ’–
Oh goodness it's madness when you start answering it back. You very quickly realise that sometimes you talk to yourself like your tit! It's such a reaction like oh I can't find my purse so my internal voice is all your a total idiot πŸ˜‚. I know some people address there inner child in that way but I'm not there yet, talking to a wee child inside me feels creepy.πŸ˜‚ πŸ‘€β€πŸ’˜πŸ˜šπŸŒˆ

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
In a very dumbed down way I learnt a lot about this from the rehab team after mum's stroke, about how her brain is going to take easiest way out, how it's going to trick her into thinking she can't do stuff. Random quote;
He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still - Lao Tzu also said it before & I'll say it again, your tenacity & balls & how you've coped & survived are truly awesome, thank you for sharing & just being youπŸ’œ

@House of Tea - I do like your ethos & your posts. Fwiw I remember how incredibly belligerent (think that's right word) that particular poster you're referring to was about an entirely different issue from the beginning of their posting so I don't think you should take it personally, just keep being youπŸ’–

@GoLibrarianPoo - all I can say is I echo a lot of what you've said. I'm totally unashamed at now starting therapy at late stage to better what I've tried to do myself because in this crazy world its just not enough anymore it seems. So appreciate the old standard dust yourself down & get on with it, that's fine until it isn't, you've helped me feel braver about just being me. Thank you sincerelyπŸŒˆπŸ«‚πŸ’•πŸ’–

All of you lot really, your views, thoughts & experiences, I do really value, thank youπŸŒˆπŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ˜˜

I said I reacted to "bw videogate" viscerally that's still true. But little voice in back of my head is wondering about the links with selling products etc. Which is why I attempt to scroll through recent dross for the info from welp🀣 Don't have enough solid info yet to totally form a personal opinion but I guess time will indeed tellπŸ€·β€β™€οΈfor me it's still about best thing for the kids. I'm intrigued by diff between narc dads/mums (some have sadly had bothπŸ˜”) sorry to post here just not v comfortable over there atmπŸ˜–although will keep trying unless it gets very much more awful🀞
BIB This is it exactly for me, I kept on pushing myself and patching myself up with quick fixes that got me through each individual crisis but the cumulative damage obviously takes a toll. The scales falling from my eyes about who my ex husband was and the subsequent breakup of my marriage was the final blow and I just wasn't able to function at all for a while.

The pick yourself up and dust yourself off mantra can be useful but taken to extremes it's just toxic :( It's good to keep trying but it's not ok to run yourself ragged and although independence is great and should be strived for in general the old saying no man is an island is very true.

Sometimes we all need a bit of help and there's never any shame in that. I really love that quote from Lao Tzu by the way! (y) ❀

I'm so glad you feel like I've helped you πŸ€— You should be proudly you! I think you are really awesome in so many ways! ❀ 🌈 ✨ And I'm still really proud of you for taking the step to get therapy! You bleeping rock! πŸ™Œ 😁 ❀

I read on the MT both your experience and wanted to reply but fell asleep
I really can't put into words the disappointment and sadness I felt hearing that you managed to go for treatment only to be turned away for basically not looking "mentally ill". It is just heartbreaking because I know what a massive step it is to even make an appointment. It's an absolute joke and I am glad you managed to get over that bad experience and keep percivering.

People who are mentally ill don't often present that way. If you met me you would have no idea that I am chemically balanced by a cocktail of medicine. I am however 100% open with it and don't hide it, I talk about mental health with everyone because I think it's so important. The amount of people who say to me "oh you don't look crazy/depressed/anxious ya da ya da". I'm trying to change the stigma of depressed people walking about face tripping them with greasy hair and black clothing πŸ™†

I was very lucky that my late Mum always taught me from a young age to vocalise exactly what I wanted/needed to Doctors. I learnt that if a Doctor was old school "take a walk and have a banana/pull yourself together" type to dump them and get someone who knew about MH issues as they are. When I get a new Doctor as I did recently I lay it all out. Even when I went for my Corona jag before the lady took my name i told her I had severe anxiety etc

I am waffling but I guess my long run on point is please never be ashamed of what you fight through every day. Don't compare your journey to others because 3ft or 30ft someone is still drowning. No one else's struggle invalidates how you feel.

It's not all sunshine so don't get me wrong. There are days when my mind rages against me, there are days when I lay in bed or feel like tit but I know in my mind it's only temporary. I tell that internal voice to stop. The thing I was saying about the internal voice exercise absolutely helps.

If you say to yourself " your an idiot" you then have to stop and say " I'm sorry your not an idiot your just frustrated/sad/etc"

It actually works.

Anyway sorry to have babbled on so much. I just think it's so important that people know they are seen and they are applauded for doing a great bleeping job πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™
BIB This is such an amazing way to put it.

I really think it's important for me and others who feel the same way to remember this, it's like training your brain to think differently after a lifetime and it can be exhausting but you are so right that it really does work!

I actually think I am a lot more forgiving of myself these days but it still takes a lot of work (y)

I really appreciate you taking the time to reply ❀ I think it's amazing you make a point to better inform people about the various ways MH can present (y)

Oh goodness it's madness when you start answering it back. You very quickly realise that sometimes you talk to yourself like your tit! It's such a reaction like oh I can't find my purse so my internal voice is all your a total idiot πŸ˜‚. I know some people address there inner child in that way but I'm not there yet, talking to a wee child inside me feels creepy.πŸ˜‚ πŸ‘€β€πŸ’˜πŸ˜šπŸŒˆ
If I have a ghost they must think I have a shocking problem with outbursts of random swearing. I will be pootling along quietly and suddenly say quite loudly "duck off!" or "don't be a dick!" or "oh do STFU" etc... all at my brain when it throws nasty insults at me πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ :ROFLMAO:

I'm pretty sure my internal child would be removed from my custody if I spoke to it like that :eek: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Thanks @GoLibrarianPoo πŸŒˆπŸ«‚πŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ˜˜yes my days of pushing myself to total wipeout are gone. Recognising & learning how to keep myself on level no longer seems selfish. A kind wise person said as long as everyone fed & watered wtf else matters until tomorrow (paraphrased there but you know what I mean)

@Katie8ee lol for me it's more like the reasonable side arguing against that paranoia that it's my fault anything is wrongπŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ’•πŸ’–

*wheels in large trolley with coffee pot, tea urn, croissants & cheesy comestibles*

πŸŒˆπŸ«‚πŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ˜˜

• Heart
Reactions: 5
In a very dumbed down way I learnt a lot about this from the rehab team after mum's stroke, about how her brain is going to take easiest way out, how it's going to trick her into thinking she can't do stuff. Random quote;
He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still - Lao Tzu also said it before & I'll say it again, your tenacity & balls & how you've coped & survived are truly awesome, thank you for sharing & just being youπŸ’œ

@House of Tea - I do like your ethos & your posts. Fwiw I remember how incredibly belligerent (think that's right word) that particular poster you're referring to was about an entirely different issue from the beginning of their posting so I don't think you should take it personally, just keep being youπŸ’–

@GoLibrarianPoo - all I can say is I echo a lot of what you've said. I'm totally unashamed at now starting therapy at late stage to better what I've tried to do myself because in this crazy world its just not enough anymore it seems. So appreciate the old standard dust yourself down & get on with it, that's fine until it isn't, you've helped me feel braver about just being me. Thank you sincerelyπŸŒˆπŸ«‚πŸ’•πŸ’–

All of you lot really, your views, thoughts & experiences, I do really value, thank youπŸŒˆπŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ˜˜

I said I reacted to "bw videogate" viscerally that's still true. But little voice in back of my head is wondering about the links with selling products etc. Which is why I attempt to scroll through recent dross for the info from welp🀣 Don't have enough solid info yet to totally form a personal opinion but I guess time will indeed tellπŸ€·β€β™€οΈfor me it's still about best thing for the kids. I'm intrigued by diff between narc dads/mums (some have sadly had bothπŸ˜”) sorry to post here just not v comfortable over there atmπŸ˜–although will keep trying unless it gets very much more awful🀞
Thank you. I am having some time away from MT. Sometimes it feels that people have over invested on it and you can’t make a straightforward comment as they take it personally. We all have issues and perhaps release our hurt and anger out in what we think is a neutral space, but can hurt others feelings. Normally I shrug things off but the unnecessary harsh words got to me yesterday.I am ok today but will be giving the MT a miss for a while. This thread is a warmer space.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@Magpierainbow Them's very wise words indeed! πŸ™Œ ❀ 🌈 πŸ˜— Adds some homemade cinnamon buns to your rather sexy lookin tray of comestibles 🀀 😍 With these Ferrero Roche treats, you are really spoiling us! ;) :LOL: ❀

@House of Tea I'm sorry you're feeling the need to take a break from the MT but I'm selfishly a bit glad you've come to join the Dark Side :devilish: *breathes like Darth Vader for extra creepy factor* :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
I'm attempting to go back to sleep as I have loads of work to do from 10. Ended up reading an article that Adele has cancelled her first Las Vegas show 24 hours before its meant to happen. People are raging and I understand why. Some folks have flew out from UK over Β£2500 in hotel and flights only to be told it's off. They must be so dissapointed.

It's freezing this morning.

Reactions: 7
I'm attempting to go back to sleep as I have loads of work to do from 10. Ended up reading an article that Adele has cancelled her first Las Vegas show 24 hours before its meant to happen. People are raging and I understand why. Some folks have flew out from UK over Β£2500 in hotel and flights only to be told it's off. They must be so dissapointed.

It's freezing this morning.
I have a day off. I got up at 5.30am. I am tempted to go back to bed, I am sleepy now. But such a waste of a day off.

There are rumours that the Adele shows won’t start now until April. I can imagine the disappointment of fans who have taken time off and spent big money to go and see her.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Morning all,
I've had an egg mcmuffin and I'm ready to face the day!
I have one more weekend left in England!
I had a look on the MT and it's really so boring now. Just everyone talking about how messy Alice's house is. It feels to me like quite a few people have disappeared - some names I used to see a lot and don't see at all now.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
@Katie8ee and @House of Tea I saw a headline that about that today too, it mentioned COVID as the reason is that right do you know?

@Magpierainbow Oh that's sad to hear he died :( My mum and dad's best friends were massive fans of his and so was a girl I went to school with. He was played a lot in my childhood.

One of the best dances I ever had was with a total stranger on a night out to Paradise by the dashboard light :ROFLMAO: He was like a sexy dancing ninja, he appeared from nowhere, whirled me around the dancefloor till I was giggling my tits off and then disappeared off into the night without a word or a snog never to be seen again... maybe I'm a really terrible dancer πŸ€” 😬 ;) :ROFLMAO:

@Caitlyn130 I noticed a few regular posters dropped off a while back when things started to get quiet and the thread topic kind of spread out a bit πŸ˜“ I used to read pretty much all of each thread and now I'm jumping lots of pages and sticking my oar in randomly with not a lot to say for myself πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ so it's not like I'm guilt free on that account :ROFLMAO:

Ooh last weekend this side of the pond! πŸ˜ƒ 🍾 Have you got any plans?

I don't even remember typing that post about replying tomorrow 🀣

I don't think it helps that I was in denial for so many years. I suffered a trauma when I was 15 and never really recovered. I used to self medicate with alcohol and drugs. It's only in the past 8 years that I've actually tried to sort myself out and only the last 2 that I've been taking my meds. Better late than never right?

I'm not very good at expressing myself in words and I know my grammar probably annoys people but I didn't learn grammar when I learnt to write again

• Heart

I don't think it helps that I was in denial for so many years. I suffered a trauma when I was 15 and never really recovered. I used to self medicate with alcohol and drugs. It's only in the past 8 years that I've actually tried to sort myself out and only the last 2 that I've been taking my meds. Better late than never right?

I'm not very good at expressing myself in words and I know my grammar probably annoys people but I didn't learn grammar when I learnt to write again
You express yourself very well imho. A brave, honest personπŸ‘πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’–

• Heart
@Katie8ee and @House of Tea I saw a headline that about that today too, it mentioned COVID as the reason is that right do you know?

@Magpierainbow Oh that's sad to hear he died :( My mum and dad's best friends were massive fans of his and so was a girl I went to school with. He was played a lot in my childhood.

One of the best dances I ever had was with a total stranger on a night out to Paradise by the dashboard light :ROFLMAO: He was like a sexy dancing ninja, he appeared from nowhere, whirled me around the dancefloor till I was giggling my tits off and then disappeared off into the night without a word or a snog never to be seen again... maybe I'm a really terrible dancer πŸ€” 😬 ;) :ROFLMAO:

@Caitlyn130 I noticed a few regular posters dropped off a while back when things started to get quiet and the thread topic kind of spread out a bit πŸ˜“ I used to read pretty much all of each thread and now I'm jumping lots of pages and sticking my oar in randomly with not a lot to say for myself πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ so it's not like I'm guilt free on that account :ROFLMAO:

Ooh last weekend this side of the pond! πŸ˜ƒ 🍾 Have you got any plans?
We haven't planned anything just yet - I've got a day full of errands and I want to do one of my course modules this evening. We will go swimming at some point but the weekend seems to have come around quickly!

It said it was because of Covid but it's all a bit dodgy I think. People on the comments were saying there were rumours as far back as last week that the show just wasn't ready. A few years back she did similar cancelled shows at Wembley promised a reschedule and those people are still waiting. It's such a shame when it becomes all about money.

I agree about the MT it's all just how messy the house is. Ten pages discussing a photo of a kiddo. Personally I thought the wee one was just doing like face paint make up and she looked cute πŸ˜‚ also if I never hear the word cameo again I will be a happy lady.

Must actually get out of bed and crack on now! Guests shall be arriving in about four hours.

I think you express yourself perfectly (remember how I knew you would like a fist bump πŸ˜‰) . Getting help isn't easy at first but you did it and that's the main thing. Just stop chucking things about πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It said it was because of Covid but it's all a bit dodgy I think. People on the comments were saying there were rumours as far back as last week that the show just wasn't ready. A few years back she did similar cancelled shows at Wembley promised a reschedule and those people are still waiting. It's such a shame when it becomes all about money.

I agree about the MT it's all just how messy the house is. Ten pages discussing a photo of a kiddo. Personally I thought the wee one was just doing like face paint make up and she looked cute πŸ˜‚ also if I never hear the word cameo again I will be a happy lady.

Must actually get out of bed and crack on now! Guests shall be arriving in about four hours.
Yeah like someone said on Twitter, if she knew today that the show would be cancelled, she would have known yesterday. Covid was one of the things mentioned because quite a few of her team had it, but personally I'm not sure I'm buying it as surely she could have replacement people step in? Given the situation knowing people might get struck down with covid, wouldn't you make sure you had backup plans?

I bet you didn't get yours like this🀣

ETA still trying to slog way through MT & wondering why I'm bothering🀭
When I were a young lass ;) I used to go and help out at my local riding stables for free rides. I was really lucky because I lived right next door at the time (y)

Anyway the lady that owned the yard would occasionally send us down on the horses to the local shop which was a couple of miles there and back for things like bread, milk etc. We'd go in two's so someone could sit outside on their horse holding the reins of the other's while they went in to buy the bits and then you'd vault back up like you were getting on board a Shetland (god to be that bouncy again!) with your rustle-y plastic bag because the horses were solid bombproof types and we'd ride all the way back to the yard :ROFLMAO: except the one that I rode who actually almost killed us both once spooking into the path of an oncoming lorry :eek: gave me a great sticky bum though that horse and I loved her dearly! :LOL:

I had some amazing experiences there and a couple of really sad ones too but horseback shopping and swimming are favourites of mine from those days ❀ Oh and the EPIC mud fight we had one day - just the hoomans obvs! - we were all black at the end but we had such a laugh...my mother was less amused at the state of meπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ 😬 :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Im officially back on my meds AND sleeping normal times so the wobbly emotions will be back in check.

Can someone change my bedding for me?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.