Tattle Turds #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also I'm not even joking about the glasses thing :LOL: I actually think I might put that on my list of things to eventually get round to at some point πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ :LOL:

Enjoy your power snooze @Katie8ee Hope work goes smoothly and quickly for you, that's a lot of bathrooms!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I had the weirdest dream about you all last night. Tattle was a physical building. Penguin wrote a post saying that we should shut down this thread because people were complaining it wasn't 'diverse' enough. I wrote a post in response saying that if people are annoyed it's not diverse, they should just join in rather than shutting the whole thing down. Just as I was about to post it, the building literally disappeared and reappeared somewhere else so we had to find it. But when we found it, it was empty and the lights were off. I was with one of you (but no idea who cos I don't know what you look like!) and we broke into this empty building...it was all so bizarre.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Excellent dream @Caitlyn130 :LOL:
I love how you were standing up for the righteous cause of not closing the thread and being the voice of reason even in your dream, and even more so that you finished by engaging in a bit of light breaking and entering into the new thread building :ROFLMAO: (y) πŸ’ͺ

P.s if the person you were with was cowering behind you, sweating bullets, making worried little "Ook" noises and rambling constantly about breaking rules, getting in trouble with Instapol and getting arrested... it was me, I'm not particularly brave ;) :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Excellent dream @Caitlyn130 :LOL:
I love how you were standing up for the righteous cause of not closing the thread and being the voice of reason even in your dream, and even more so that you finished by engaging in a bit of light breaking and entering into the new thread building :ROFLMAO: (y) πŸ’ͺ
I was like "Penguin, what happened to you? We love this thread!" I was completely outraged. The dream was interspersed with packing up my house and moving, no surprises there!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I was like "Penguin, what happened to you? We love this thread!" I was completely outraged. The dream was interspersed with packing up my house and moving, no surprises there!
You need to describe person it'd be awesome if was actually like one of us! Of course none of us would be able to say🀭🀣

Glad you like her @GoLibrarianPoo she was a childhood heroine of mine πŸ’–funnys will be shared!😘

Just processing some sad news will put in spoiler below so if I go ott on not very good humour & sarcasm later please don't be afraid to tell me off. Love to everyoneπŸŒˆπŸ«‚πŸ’•πŸ’–πŸ§‘πŸ€ŽπŸ’œβ€πŸ’š

Young chap (when I say young about 10 years younger than me) I knew personally & worked with before his first mental breakdown has finally succeeded after a couple of attemptsπŸ˜°πŸ’”had long chat with old mutual friend who is positive & uplifting we needed to share flashbacks, memories etc. I've not seen him for long time I've chosen to hermit last few years apart from handful of closest friends so think I'll busy myself outside today to honour his memory in my own way. The workplace we were at was massively toxic environment which didn't help anyone sensitive. Thanks for listeningπŸŒˆπŸ«‚πŸ˜˜πŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ’”xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I was just about to log off when I read your sad news @Magpierainbow I'm really sorry ❀ ❀ ❀

I hope you have a peaceful day outside with happy memories of your friend ❀ I'll be back in later on and hopefully bump into you then but I'm thinking of you, I'm so sorry for your loss, sending you lots of love and hugs ❀ πŸ€— ❀ πŸ€— 🌈 πŸ€— ❀ πŸ€— ❀

• Heart
You need to describe person it'd be awesome if was actually like one of us! Of course none of us would be able to say🀭🀣

Glad you like her @GoLibrarianPoo she was a childhood heroine of mine πŸ’–funnys will be shared!😘

Just processing some sad news will put in spoiler below so if I go ott on not very good humour & sarcasm later please don't be afraid to tell me off. Love to everyoneπŸŒˆπŸ«‚πŸ’•πŸ’–πŸ§‘πŸ€ŽπŸ’œβ€πŸ’š

Young chap (when I say young about 10 years younger than me) I knew personally & worked with before his first mental breakdown has finally succeeded after a couple of attemptsπŸ˜°πŸ’”had long chat with old mutual friend who is positive & uplifting we needed to share flashbacks, memories etc. I've not seen him for long time I've chosen to hermit last few years apart from handful of closest friends so think I'll busy myself outside today to honour his memory in my own way. The workplace we were at was massively toxic environment which didn't help anyone sensitive. Thanks for listeningπŸŒˆπŸ«‚πŸ˜˜πŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ’”xxx
That's so sad, I'm really sorry :(

• Heart
Well I tried changing the name but the mods changed it back to turds 🀣

If the person was ugly it was me

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Angry
@Caitlyn130 I know you aren't spokesperson for ADHD but I was hoping you (or Blurp) would come and give your opinion on that post in the πŸ›Έ I'm really sorry, I didn't even think about how you might find refuting it stressful, which was really a bit stupid of me! πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

I just wanted to say thank you for explaining that so well (y) and I hope you are alright ❀

• Heart
Reactions: 5
@Magpierainbow
I am so very sorry, that is so sad & I wish I could wrap you up in a big hug right now. I'm glad you have a mutual friend to share memories with.
Being outside in nature is a lovely way to honour him. ❀ Look after yourself sweet Sisturd, much love & hugs, πŸŒˆβ€πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ§‘

• Heart
It’s national (UK) Penguin Awareness day.

I’m so glad we have our very own special @Penguin86

Hope you’re all well. Shame about the thread name thing eh?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
@Caitlyn130 I know you aren't spokesperson for ADHD but I was hoping you (or Blurp) would come and give your opinion on that post in the πŸ›Έ I'm really sorry, I didn't even think about how you might find refuting it stressful, which was really a bit stupid of me! πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

I just wanted to say thank you for explaining that so well (y) and I hope you are alright ❀
I really didn't want to offend Tootler for their post it just seems like diagnosing others/self diagnosing with ADHD is the trendy thing to do lately. The reality is it can be so debilitating and take a major toll on your self esteem. I still have a lot of self doubt especially when conversing. I've been thinking lately I want to get some speech coaching so that I can be a more confident speaker, get to the point more easily, and not feel so self conscious when I'm talking. There are so many different elements to it, it can be hard to unpick them all.

I have some horrible, horrible memories of the couple of years before I was diagnosed when things got really bad. I ended up homeless at one point, sleeping on a friend's couch because I couldn't hold down a job to pay my rent. I found a new job and held it together for a bit. The friend then abruptly turned on me after the guy she liked said he liked me πŸ™„ , and she kicked me out and threatened to dump all my stuff on the pavement outside if I didn't collect it in 24 hours. Luckily my aunt came to the rescue and I stayed in my cousin's old room for a while until I saved up enough to move into a houseshare. Just after that, I was fired. Luckily I found a job I liked, enough to stick around, and things got better from there but it wasn't without its challenges. Come to think of it, the fact that I pulled it together, undiagnosed, after sinking to rock bottom, makes me feel pretty proud. But what a dark time.

I mostly kept my struggles from other people, especially when I got the negative reactions from those closest to me of 'there's nothing I can do/say, you just have to get on with it' and sensing the clear irritation they had over my situation. And the questions of 'how have you managed to not do x / get yourself into this mess?' reinforcing that my mental health was my fault. But aside from the stress other people felt when I reached out to them, I somehow managed to not hurt other people.

Then you have Alice.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I really didn't want to offend Tootler for their post it just seems like diagnosing others/self diagnosing with ADHD is the trendy thing to do lately. The reality is it can be so debilitating and take a major toll on your self esteem. I still have a lot of self doubt especially when conversing. I've been thinking lately I want to get some speech coaching so that I can be a more confident speaker, get to the point more easily, and not feel so self conscious when I'm talking. There are so many different elements to it, it can be hard to unpick them all.

I have some horrible, horrible memories of the couple of years before I was diagnosed when things got really bad. I ended up homeless at one point, sleeping on a friend's couch because I couldn't hold down a job to pay my rent. I found a new job and held it together for a bit. The friend then abruptly turned on me after the guy she liked said he liked me πŸ™„ , and she kicked me out and threatened to dump all my stuff on the pavement outside if I didn't collect it in 24 hours. Luckily my aunt came to the rescue and I stayed in my cousin's old room for a while until I saved up enough to move into a houseshare. Just after that, I was fired. Luckily I found a job I liked, enough to stick around, and things got better from there but it wasn't without its challenges. Come to think of it, the fact that I pulled it together, undiagnosed, after sinking to rock bottom, makes me feel pretty proud. But what a dark time.

I mostly kept my struggles from other people, especially when I got the negative reactions from those closest to me of 'there's nothing I can do/say, you just have to get on with it' and sensing the clear irritation they had over my situation. And the questions of 'how have you managed to not do x / get yourself into this mess?' reinforcing that my mental health was my fault. But aside from the stress other people felt when I reached out to them, I somehow managed to not hurt other people.

Then you have Alice.
I’ve seen a lot of people on Instagram especially claim they have ADHD after reading a couple of Infographs without realising the crossover of a lot of the symptoms with things like anxiety and depression. Maybe I’m out of line saying it, but I think a few are seeing ADHD as an excuse rather than a diagnosis, which is why it’s just self diagnosis. It just makes me sad for those who are medically diagnosed to have it trivialised. I can only imagine how difficult your diagnosis journey and also finding a way to with and around ADHD was.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
A quick hop πŸ˜‰ in again for Happy Penguin Awareness Day! πŸ–€ 🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧 πŸ–€

The black heart matches their coats! Are they called coats?! Plumage? Not sure, but YKWIM! 😘

🐧❀🐧❀🐧❀🐧❀🐧

• Heart
@Just William Oh I'm sorry they weren't getting you to call because they had an appointment right away πŸ˜“ Keeping everything crossed the Doc gets back to you very soon!

I would have panicked at the ATM too, I'm glad there was a nice person close by who could help though! ❀

I can get very anxious & also over think stuff & when
things pile up on me I can get very down & veer towards the pessimistic, which is something I try to work on.
I do like this definition of a pessimist! "A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!" ;)

I tell people I'm a realist :ROFLMAO: I like to think the best will happen but experience has taught me that it's probably more likely not going to πŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ:LOL:

I love that quote about Courage not always being loud! ❀

@GoLibrarianPoo - now that is a pencil case, lol! Love it! 😁(y)🌈 xxx
She's a Beast! 🦁 (y) 😁 I missed including the white highlighter pen in my list of things I squeezed in there and it's been bugging me since πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

Ah I hate cooking too, it always stresses me out! Weirdly I like baking but I think it's because it's more precise and I like hard and fast rules to follow :ROFLMAO: Do you bake?

I don't like loads of sweet things and don't really have anyone to bake for these days so I don't do much of it anymore but my cinnamon buns are pretty good if I do say so myself! (y)

Aw that was so lovely of you to give away all your crafty bits! That was probably a fortune in stuff too so it was a really lovely thing, you doing that ❀ Bet the lassie was over the moon with her bumper haul! :LOL:

Hope you're managing to keep your chin up otherwise lovely ❀ You're always so wonderful on the πŸ›Έ and here looking out for your fellow Turds πŸ€— x
Thanks dear Sisturd! :poop: πŸ₯° Me too, will let you know. 🀞 I was very glad too & she was very kind. ❀

@GoLibrarianPoo
I tell people I'm a realist :ROFLMAO: I like to think the best will happen but experience has taught me that it's probably more likely not going to πŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ:LOL:
πŸ˜‚ Can so relate! πŸ˜„ One dear family friend was telling me 20+ years ago that things MUST/WILL get better.
243.gif
60.gif
Don't get me wrong, it's not all been tit, had/have some good moments, but compared to the tit they're fleeting. Why is it the crappy bits always last waaaaay longer?! :unsure:
It's literally been one thing after another for too many years, but hey ho, these things are sent to try us! πŸ˜¬πŸ˜‚

ETA: I have tried positive thinking, (consciously try to change my negative thoughts to positive as they occur) also positive affirmations & visualisation, etc can't say any has helped, lol!
131.gif
250.gif
🀣 I chat to the Universe often, thank them for my blessings but have also been known to have the odd whinge, lol, but tbh, I talk to myself out loud all the time, but at least there's nobody here to tell me to STFU! 🀣

Love your beast of a pencil case! 🦁 I'm like that too, little things can bug me to the point I get on my own tits at times! :rolleyes:πŸ˜‚

No, I don't bake! Cooking doesn't stress me, it's more that I find it boring & a chore. 😴 Now eating on the other hand?! 🀣 My idea of a tolerable amount of time to spend cooking is about 10 mins unless it's microwaved! I haven't even used the oven since I moved in here a year ago! (Mostly to save on electricity) it's either nuked, cold or fried (in olive oil) just can't be arsed! I did try frying some frozen stuff that say oven only, ! came out a treat! 🀩

Ooh your cinnamon buns sound lovely! :love: When you move in will you make me some to try, pretty please?! πŸ˜‰ I'm like you, don't have a sweet tooth, (other than in hot drinks) much prefer savoury, though the odd bar of chocolate or sweet stuff hits the spot at times! I do love salted caramel though, the combo of sweet & salty is just so delicious & probably why I love cheese & onion crisps eaten with a bar of chocolate! 🀩🀣

That's sweet of you to say! 😘 Yeah, it was a fortune & she was thrilled! I was happy to give it all to someone who appreciated all the bits & would enjoy using them & she's a sweetheart, I'm very fond of her! πŸ₯° I'm old enough to be her mum/nan πŸ‘©β€πŸ¦³ but we hit it off from the get go! πŸ™‚

Awww, thank you for your very kind words. πŸ₯° xxx I'm so glad to see you back posting on the MT! 😘πŸ₯°β€ xxx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.