Tattle Turds #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
maybe that's why Alice set a bounty on me!?
See, I didn’t even @ you, and you still managed to be right on it. I think you are a SuperSleuth!

That TD saga, it was boring the first time around, let alone the 10th. I think it indicative that without AE there is nothing worth commenting on, reduced to regurgitating the same stuff.

I think when things like that happen in threads it can lead to the thread getting shut down. I read the site questions a few days ago and the Mods said if it becomes a massive infight people stop reporting posts but the mods keep an eye on things as standard so they notice and that's one of the reasons they shut it down :( Kind of sad if that happens really because I want to know how it "ends" as it were.

I really can't be arsed with the TD/AD discussion going round in circles. I do get that it could have a small role in the discussion but it sounds like the conversation still hasn't moved on from the last time it was mentioned 🤷‍♀️

I think everyone is just bored because Alice is so quiet.

Ok so here's a random question, is anyone out there able to write simple sheet music with note values included? 🤔
I had a go at picking out the melody for my silly song on the piano :LOL: I can put the notes in the right places on the stave/bar(?) but I can't write note values so it looks like just a bunch of single beat notes which obviously isn't right :ROFLMAO:
It's short, I've only written the melody for a verse and started the chorus - which I'm really struggling with tbh! 🤦‍♀️ :ROFLMAO: I'm not a musician, my Nanna and Grandad would be smiling that I'm having a go but shaking their heads in a loving rueful way at my clumsy efforts ;) Playing bum notes all over the shop :ROFLMAO:
If anyone fancies having a shot that'd be nice but don't worry I'm just having fun so it's not important (y)

Jinx @welp (y) :ROFLMAO:
Is there an app or something online that could help?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think @welp is hugely respected, partly because she is usually so factual and not so emotional, and partly because she is so respected, her opinions are more accepted. Because she's so respected, the posters who take offense at something one of us might say think twice before taking her on. She keeps the threads on track with facts rather than emotion or opinion which I think has been a huge plus in the MT. (Not that I'm saying she shouldn't have or post opinions or emotions btw!)

I'm someone who's not good with conflict irl and tend to be far more aggressive online. I think not being free to express myself irl see's it come out more explosively online. I hope I haven't offended anyone here with my bolshie ways. I really wish I was more patient, polite and better at expressing myself without getting snappy with others. I'm truly sorry if I've upset anyone here.
Hi dear @CookieMonsta 👋 ❤🥰 - agree about @welp & wish I could be that cool & collected (I mean that in a good way!) I am an emotional person & I don't like conflict either & tend to avoid it if possible as conflict gets my anxiety rising. It's a shame seeing all the squabbling lately. I think everyone should be able to post their views other than 🐒 & those who suddenly post views showing they haven't followed the whole story & seem to want to get hackles up, IYKWIM? There's some posters who are faves of mine (you're one of 'em as are a few others here!) & who may not share my opinion on everything, that's fine, doesn't mean you should feel shut down. If I don't agree with a post or am indifferent/on the fence, then I don't 'like' a post, unless there's a point I want to make when I'll use the quote. I do hope nobody here (or on the MT) has been offended by my posts.

FWIW I don't find you bolshie at all. I do get what you & others mean (re BW love-in) as I felt similar when AE came out with her Cameo & for one thread + it felt like I had wandered into a sympathy/love-in for a woman I believe is an abusive Narc, always has been & doesn't deserve sympathy. It felt like almost everyone had just forgotten everything she had/has ever done & I'll admit it really pissed me off (as I think she's taking the piss & doing it for sympathy, "look what that bastard has reduced me too" as it's clear she's not interested in real work, it's beneath her) I did one post about how I feel (re no sympathy, etc) I felt very much the outsider (& bar a small handful I still do to some extent) so I did a lot of :censored: & scrolling & kept my real feelings to myself as I knew my views wouldn't be welcome. I would be labelled a cold hearted witch (I don't think I am) or told over & over how 'she's trying', blah blah.
I have too much stress in RL so I don't need conflict here. So I do get how you & some others feel.
I took 5-6 days off before NY as my anxiety went through the roof about the MT.

On a lighter note, @Endora made a good point about needing a reaction emoji that signified a poster got the point another was making even if they didn't agree with it/overall. 😉 I am #team E's & Emma & #team IG.

Anyway, I really hope I haven't offended anyone here, here is somewhere I can vent, hopefully, certainly not my intention to offend. ☮ xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
See, I didn’t even @ you, and you still managed to be right on it. I think you are a SuperSleuth!

That TD saga, it was boring the first time around, let alone the 10th. I think it indicative that without AE there is nothing worth commenting on, reduced to regurgitating the same stuff.

Is there an app or something online that could help?
BIB Oh gosh I'm not sure, there must be surely? It'd have to be a website for me though, my phone is too old to do apps these days :ROFLMAO:

Hi dear @CookieMonsta 👋 ❤🥰 - agree about @welp & wish I could be that cool & collected (I mean that in a good way!) I am an emotional person & I don't like conflict either & tend to avoid it if possible as conflict gets my anxiety rising. It's a shame seeing all the squabbling lately. I think everyone should be able to post their views other than 🐒 & those who suddenly post views showing they haven't followed the whole story & seem to want to get hackles up, IYKWIM? There's some posters who are faves of mine (you're one of 'em as are a few others here!) & who may not share my opinion on everything, that's fine, doesn't mean you should feel shut down. If I don't agree with a post or am indifferent/on the fence, then I don't 'like' a post, unless there's a point I want to make when I'll use the quote. I do hope nobody here (or on the MT) has been offended by my posts.

FWIW I don't find you bolshie at all. I do get what you & others mean (re BW love-in) as I felt similar when AE came out with her Cameo & for one thread + it felt like I had wandered into a sympathy/love-in for a woman I believe is an abusive Narc, always has been & doesn't deserve sympathy. It felt like almost everyone had just forgotten everything she had/has ever done & I'll admit it really pissed me off (as I think she's taking the piss & doing it for sympathy, "look what that bastard has reduced me too" as it's clear she's not interested in real work, it's beneath her) I did one post about how I feel (re no sympathy, etc) I felt very much the outsider (& bar a small handful I still do to some extent) so I did a lot of :censored: & scrolling & kept my real feelings to myself as I knew my views wouldn't be welcome. I would be labelled a cold hearted witch (I don't think I am) or told over & over how 'she's trying', blah blah.
I have too much stress in RL so I don't need conflict here. So I do get how you & some others feel.
I took 5-6 days off before NY as my anxiety went through the roof about the MT.

On a lighter note, @Endora made a good point about needing a reaction emoji that signified a poster got the point another was making even if they didn't agree with it/overall. 😉 I am #team E's & Emma & #team IG.

Anyway, I really hope I haven't offended anyone here, here is somewhere I can vent, hopefully, certainly not my intention to offend. ☮ xxx
BIB I'd so love a button like this, I find myself dithering sometimes because I like how the poster has explained their thoughts or they've put across an interesting point of view I hadn't considered but don't agree with them, or when you agree with some bits but not others :ROFLMAO:

@House of Tea I think the problem I might find with a program like that would be that you might have to tell it what values you want the notes to be? I think I could figure it out given a bit of time if the app/program had a playback function so you could hear it out loud 🤔

Ooh that reminds me of my old Nokia phone, back in the 90s when some phones had that function where you could make up a ringtone and use it? I sat for aaaages one night to put one of my Grandad's pieces in so I could use it as my ringtone :LOL: Old Nokias were the bees knees in the 90s (y) If I weren't so addicted to having youtube and google at my fingertips I'd so go back to one of those I remember them being almost indestructible :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Hello! I apologise for my typing today I burnt my thumb and have a band aid on so I am trying to type with one finger. May actually voice note it. Hopefully this work

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I've never been upset by you @CookieMonsta ❤

I'm really sorry there's a few posters who are feeling unable to share their opinions over there just now ❤ I think everyone's opinions should be allowed (even though I've been guilty for having a pop in the past at some that I haven't agreed with) as long as no one is being offensive or victim blaming, at the end of the day it's just an opinion right?
I think some posters deserve debating medals for the patience they have showed and I too very much admire Welp's ability to stay so factual while allowing for various possibilities. She is actually really good at putting across her opinions, even though I haven't always agreed with them I do respect her and actually put a lot of trust in her fact finding abilities (y)
I would like to be like Welp when I grow up. She is really good at sleuthing, chucking stuff out there and coming back in from different angles. The odd bit of feistiness creeps in very occasionally but mostly good old level headedness - good for you @welp (y)

Posting stuff on the MT has made me realise how opinionated I can be, that has really caught me by surprise.

I am going to be quiet with those opinions of mine for a while and just carry on posting stuff that I find funny. I do miss A, she has given me masses of stuff to find funny. I need to get a bit more too. I hate January, cold, dark, broke after Christmas and not a lot planned.

• Heart
It's such a good idea and it's a bit exciting because you never know what your going to get 😂 people also put baby things nappy/sanitary towels and things just in case people need them. We have little honesty boxes all over the village where people sell produce or just have free things for others. I have only been in this location a year and it's so quintessentially village life I find it utterly charming 💙

I love crime drama, all the crime. I did my Masters in Criminology and it's always been my thing. It's nice that it's became socially acceptable to like it in the past ten years 😂😂😂
We have started Line of Duty, have you seen it? I really like it, and I keep thinking Ioan and even Alice could have had good solid careers in the UK - so many actors appearing in different shows, doing good work.

I didn’t know this thread existed till the mods posted a few mins ago - hope it’s ok if I gatecrash and hang out for a bit!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It's taken me about ten minutes to post this was ready to throw the phone out the window lol
I am writing this with voice note so if there are mistakes I apologise. I am really sorry that you guys are feeling so down about the main thread. I completely understand where you're coming from and I know it can be difficult to express your opinion if you feel that louder voices are going to shout you down.

If I'm honest when it comes to this whole Saga I don't really get mentally affected by what people write in the thread because I just think it's all nonsense not in the way people's opinions are nonsense but just that we none of us actually know any facts really at all. It's basically all conjecture which is why no one should have to be told their opinion is wrong because we don't know whose opinion is wrong and even if the opinion is wrong then wrong is not the right word different is the right word.

I hate that it makes you guys feel bad and I agree that it used to be when I would read before I would post it was a place of just like funny posts,banter and people did have arguments but it was always like kind of just humorous and now it's just this cycle of arguing really to be fair and it isn't the whole point that no one really agrees on anything in life and that's what makes it all fun.

From my own personal standpoint I was never championing Alice or Ioan or Bianca. I think Alice is a dick and I think what she's done is horrific but as a human I can still think it's a s*** situation. I think Ioan could have handled this lot better but also respect him for sort of you know standing up for himself and yada and with Bianca I know nothing about her and when I was gushing about her it wasnt because I thought she was this little saint righteous person it was because if I'm honest I thought she was a wee ride. I thought that before the MS and everything else so I won't apologise for that hahaha haha.

Regardless though I don't actually care about these people I just like to read people's opinions. I enjoy engaging with you all talking about crafts and dogs and your Life's as much as I do talking about Alice Evans on Twitter probably more if I'm honest. So thank you and I'm sorry you feel your opinions have been shouted down and for the record if anyone wants to for the banter going put some humour back in that thread just give me a heads up and I'll be there. You are all amazing human beings and I'm grateful to be part of the secret cool gang. I have written all of this with my voice text Google thing and it's hilarious because I have to speak in an American accent because it doesn't understand Scottish. Much love Katie x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I'm going to do a flounce and bounce from the MT for a bit. 😂 I'm tired of going over the same ground again and again too, but we wouldn't be doing it if certain posters weren't constantly pushing us to justify our opinions while ramming theirs down our throats! And funnily enough I'm getting really tired of certain people trying to shut down topics as boring or pointless because it might paint IG/BW in a bad light.

Sorry, not being snarky to anyone here, just fed up with some of the comments in the MT.

Plus my snugglebug wants to cuddle down the bed, and I can't resist his adorably grumpy pay-attention-to-me-mum! face.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
We have started Line of Duty, have you seen it? I really like it, and I keep thinking Ioan and even Alice could have had good solid careers in the UK - so many actors appearing in different shows, doing good work.

I didn’t know this thread existed till the mods posted a few mins ago - hope it’s ok if I gatecrash and hang out for a bit!
Love Line of Duty. It seems to get better and better with each series. I think some of the UK actors have done really well for themselves, Keely Hawes and her lovely husband Mathew Macfadyen. I adored him in Spooks, one of my all time favorite series. I rewatch it completely every few years.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm going to do a flounce and bounce from the MT for a bit. 😂 I'm tired of going over the same ground again and again too, but we wouldn't be doing it if certain posters weren't constantly pushing us to justify our opinions while ramming theirs down our throats! And funnily enough I'm getting really tired of certain people trying to shut down topics as boring or pointless because it might paint IG/BW in a bad light.

Sorry, not being snarky to anyone here, just fed up with some of the comments in the MT.

Plus my snugglebug wants to cuddle down the bed, and I can't resist his adorably grumpy pay-attention-to-me-mum! face.
I’m really getting annoyed with the whole “don’t @ me/ I’m entitled to my opinion/ that wasn’t directed at you/ I’m sure I’m going to get jumped on for my unpopular opinion” shite. FFS. Also the Tamika stuff. Such a snooze fest. We def need more material!

Love Line of Duty. It seems to get better and better with each series. I think some of the UK actors have done really well for themselves, Keely Hawes and her lovely husband Mathew Macfadyen. I adored him in Spooks, one of my all time favorite series. I rewatch it completely every few years.
I had no idea she was married to him till I looked her up last night! Tom from Succession and Keeley Hawes!

It's taken me about ten minutes to post this was ready to throw the phone out the window lol
I am writing this with voice note so if there are mistakes I apologise. I am really sorry that you guys are feeling so down about the main thread. I completely understand where you're coming from and I know it can be difficult to express your opinion if you feel that louder voices are going to shout you down.

If I'm honest when it comes to this whole Saga I don't really get mentally affected by what people write in the thread because I just think it's all nonsense not in the way people's opinions are nonsense but just that we none of us actually know any facts really at all. It's basically all conjecture which is why no one should have to be told their opinion is wrong because we don't know whose opinion is wrong and even if the opinion is wrong then wrong is not the right word different is the right word.

I hate that it makes you guys feel bad and I agree that it used to be when I would read before I would post it was a place of dislike funny and people did have arguments but it was always like kind of just humorous and now it's just this cycle of arguing really to be fair and it isn't the whole point that no one really agrees on anything in life and that's what makes it all fun.

From my own personal standpoint I was never championing Alice or Ioan or Bianca. I think Alice is a dick and I think what she's done is horrific but as a human I can still think it's a s*** situation. I think Ioan could have handled this lot better but also respect him for sort of you know standing up for himself and yada and with Bianca I know nothing about her and when I was gushing about her it wasnt because I thought she was this little saint righteous person it was because if I'm honest I thought she was a wee ride. I thought that before the MS and everything else so I won't apologise for that hahaha haha.

Regardless though I don't actually care about these people I just like to read people's opinions. I enjoy engaging with you all talking about crafts and dogs and your Life's as much as I do talking about Alice Evans on Twitter probably more if I'm honest. So thank you and I'm sorry you feel your opinions have been shouted down and for the record if anyone wants to for the banter going put some humour back in that thread just give me a heads up and I'll be there. You are all amazing human beings and I'm grateful to be part of the secret cool gang. I have written all of this with my voice text Google thing and it's hilarious because I have to speak in an American accent because it doesn't understand Scottish. Much love Katie x
Please don't anyone here feel like you have to apologize for your opinions or justify why you do or don't like any of the main players. That's the exact shizzle that is so tiresome and frustrating on the MT. At least for me, it's not about whether anyone likes or dislikes anyone, (except AE ofc, I seriously side eye TF outta anyone who supports her!) It's about us ALL having the freedom to post our opinions and to have those opinions be respected and accepted without others twisting them to suit their own agenda, pick our opinions apart for their own beliefs, or trying to silence anyone who doesn't sing from the same song sheet. I don't think that is going to happen though, and frankly I'm fed up with it all, so I'm going to go nap with my fur baby before he gets physical and tries to drag me back to bed! Love you all ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
[/]
Please don't anyone here feel like you have to apologize for your opinions or justify why you do or don't like any of the main players. That's the exact shizzle that is so tiresome and frustrating on the MT. At least for me, it's not about whether anyone likes or dislikes anyone, (except AE ofc, I seriously side eye TF outta anyone who supports her!) It's about us ALL having the freedom to post our opinions and to have those opinions be respected and accepted without others twisting them to suit their own agenda, pick our opinions apart for their own beliefs, or trying to silence anyone who doesn't sing from the same song sheet. I don't think that is going to happen though, and frankly I'm fed up with it all, so I'm going to go nap with my fur baby before he gets physical and tries to drag me back to bed! Love you all ❤
Those are the best days and you too ❤ your opinions are valid and welcome and always insightful!!! My little fur creature well one of them is right here snoring 😂😂 enjoy your snuggles

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@CailinAlainn Of course welcome! ❤

We mostly just chat random odds and ends and make each other laugh and try and support each other with health or MH struggles, it's a brilliantly funny, wonderful and heartwarming free for all! Bonus cute pet pics too! 😍

• Heart
Thank God I’ve found this thread. I’ve followed MT since the early days but today was too much.
Will stay here for a while apart from the KP thread which has really kicked off.
I think you are all a lovely lot and very supportive of one another.
Good night dear tattle turds ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The weird thing is the MTs were initially very much about AE with a smattering of IG fans but now it's almost become a BW love fest. I have to be honest and admit I didn't like it when new posters came in defending AE's indefensible behaviour, but there's always been that group think thing going on, and the pressure on you if you don't agree, which you experienced a lot of at the beginning. I really loved the MT and all the friendships, which is why I fought so hard over all of us having the freedom to post what we really think without being jumped on for it, but now I'm starting to feel a bit disenchanted and weary of it all too. It was the commenters that kept me coming back, and when you feel like you're walking on eggshells and can't say certain things, and have to agree with others just to be welcome, what's the point?
Agree, especially BIB. Look at all the flack I got for saying people were 'gushing' over Bianca. They absolutely were, I read back through the thread and don't believe that I was overreacting in any way, but instead I was gaslighted (gaslit?) and told that's not what happened at all. I am fairly neutral on BW - saying that we don't know enough about her or her intentions so I want to reserve judgement - and that was taken as me being anti-BW. I'm glad you're back with us. I was a bit worried the other day over something really silly so it's really good to have you back here.

IG and AE seem to be the bit players in the story now, BW is now the main event for quite a lot of regular posters, with some of her fans acting as her praetorian guard.
100% agree. And I share your sentiments on those involved in general, which I wouldn't really class an extreme or unreasonable set of opinions...but here we are.

I’m finding that there is just a mini competition of ‘who is morally superior’ currently
OMG! This! Yes! You took the words out of my mouth.
And what is it with this insistence on evidence to prove an opinion?

I had a quick go through of a few pages of the MT earlier, it was worse than when I left 2 days ago. No idea what's happened since. It looks like a couple of unpleasant characters have shown up though.

I'm now in bed with a hot chocolate :)

I do love this thread and the rapport we've all built.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.