Tattle In The Press

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
DM article is full of inaccuracies. Feels really made up? like They’ve taken em sheldons comments an made up a story using them. I can’t see anyone speaking to the DM about using tattle
It's so detached from reality, I don't for a second believe it's real. Passing off someone's creative writing to suit a narrative as journalism is pretty low.

Anyone doxxing or any of the othet bullshit they try to pretend tattle is about gets reported in minutes and mods hit ban without a second thought.

Keep digging influencers, you're just proving why it's so grubby.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
It is so lazy. Cut and paste from every other article about here with an imaginary Tattler for added 'authenticity' thrown in. They make it sound like Tattle organises campaigns to directly contact, abuse and doxx people 🥴
And the DM having a pop at unkind anonymous commenters? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The only cliché they don't seem to mention is Caroline flack. But they wouldn't go there as the tabloids used paps that would smash her windows, slash her tyres and generally harass at home in order to get a reaction. Like actual abuse and harassment.

It's like she's writing a poor screenplay with the imagery - talking about putting the kids to bed, pouring a glass of wine and opening her laptop to troll on tattle 😆

It's all so clearly made up, I can't think there's more than a couple of regulars who post on both Mrs hinch and jack Monroe. So it's either one of those 2-3 people or all a figment of the "writers" imagination.

Whoever this Polly Dunbar is she should be very embarrassed. I wonder if in her head she thinks it's fine to invent this fictional character? Maybe she believes tattle is full of people like the one she's created (it isn't) so it sits fine with her moral compass?

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
The only cliché they don't seem to mention is Caroline flack. But they wouldn't go there as the tabloids used paps that would smash her windows, slash her tyres and generally harass at home in order to get a reaction. Like actual abuse and harassment.

It's like she's writing a poor screenplay with the imagery - talking about putting the kids to bed, pouring a glass of wine and opening her laptop to troll on tattle 😆

It's all so clearly made up, I can't think there's more than a couple of regulars who post on both Mrs hinch and jack Monroe. So it's either one of those 2-3 people or all a figment of the "writers" imagination.

Whoever this Polly Dunbar is she should be very embarrassed. I wonder if in her head she thinks it's fine to invent this fictional character? Maybe she believes tattle is full of people like the one she's created (it isn't) so it sits fine with her moral compass?
Does it mention the Jack thread?! 😯 Would be brilliant news if it did tbh

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Does it mention the Jack thread?! 😯 Would be brilliant news if it did tbh
Not really, this creative writer just picks the two most popular threads to weave in 🤣

She thinks nothing of calling Mrs Hinch (real name Sophie Hinchliffe) a ‘sofa slug’ for posting pictures of herself sitting holding her baby, or the food writer Jack Monroe ‘despicable’.

Oh no someone called jack despicable! The horrific abuse, thanks for the morality check mail online 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Not really, this creative writer just picks the two most popular threads to weave in 🤣

She thinks nothing of calling Mrs Hinch (real name Sophie Hinchliffe) a ‘sofa slug’ for posting pictures of herself sitting holding her baby, or the food writer Jack Monroe ‘despicable’.

Oh no someone called jack despicable! The horrific abuse, thanks for the morality check mail online 🙄
I mean sad fishing on Twitter to the point where someone transfer you some of their *winter heating allowance* is pretty despicable Daily Mail x

Would love to know if this drives more members, even weeks/months after events we’ll get newcomers come out the woodwork on Jack’s thread explaining what drove them here so fingers crossed ey!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Who made this 'Em Sheldon' the poster girl for online trolling? I've never even heard of her before, is this a pathetic attempt of hers to gain notoriety online?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Who made this 'Em Sheldon' the poster girl for online trolling? I've never even heard of her before, is this a pathetic attempt of hers to gain notoriety online?
She's hardly one to talk. Everything she says people do on here (which they don't) she has done others. Claiming to find out who people are through IP address (this lie that influencers spread explained here) which is impossible, saying she knows where they live and that they should be reported to the police. Doxxing people online because they gossiped about her. And attempting to contact people's employers to get them fired because they were gossiping about her online. She is an unhinged lunatic and shame on the media for giving her coverage.

She's hardly one to talk. Everything she says people do on here (which they don't) she has done others. Claiming to find out who people are through IP addresses which is impossible, saying she knows where they live and that they should be reported to the police. Doxxing people online because they gossiped about her. And attempting to contact people's employers to get them fired because they were gossiping about her online. She is an unhinged lunatic and shame on the media for giving her coverage.
Also, she is a failing "influencer." She was in with InTheFrow, Carly Rowena, etc before. Then their careers took off and hers stagnated. All she does is post affiliate links and claim she is being trolled.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I mean sad fishing on Twitter to the point where someone transfer you some of their *winter heating allowance* is pretty despicable Daily Mail x
Funny how they only ever mention comments out of context and never explore why people made them 🤦‍♀️

Imagine how ridiculous it would be for them to write an article being outraged that people are calling Boris Johnson despicable on the internet. Or any other mainstream tabloid fodder where their shady behaviour is known.

Daily Mail journalists should get both sides to a story. Sign up here and ask us all everything you want.
They can read the site, it speaks for itself. But they don't want to.

Happy to lift articles from here but don't want people visiting here.
So basically that article reads is: we are all jealous and that’s why we are here. Noted 📝
And that we're bitter that they make money, despite us being successful professionals. 🙄

Riddle me this, why out of all the influencers in the world do only a handful of them have more than a couple of threads here? Could it be because they're the worst ones with shady behaviour?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I have been on here a while and everyone seems to welcoming and helpful towards eachother. I am on quite a few threads where we get told off for being off topic because we are comforting someone.

They dont see this. If the stuff they are doing is shady or wrong then why cant we question it, even if we are wrong people can right us again. Didnt our parents and teachers say when we were kids ask lots of questions, even difficult ones because its the only way you learn.

These people are doing stuff and we are questioning why because it looks shady or confusing to the narrative that they have already shared, etc.

Theres some really clever people on here who have taught me alot of stuff i didn't know.

As said before they just don't like it because it makes them realise how shifty they look.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Due to the pandemic, majority of these crappy influencers’s brought to light their true colors and hypocrisy. The only thing I’m bitter is that these so called faux “journalists” fall short on their research and are nothing but hypocrites themselves.

I guess I’ll just go add “Online Troll” to my resume when I have done better research on the topics I write in some of these threads with actual receipts than these so called “professional journalists”. They are making up poor old Johanna to fit their narrative (I highly doubt anyone was actually interviewed or this person even exists) as well as they did not look into Ms Em Sheldon’s past. Whom (Em) has doxxed people online or tried getting people fired for giving their own opion about her. The hypocrisy is strong with this one. This isn’t Burger King Em, you can’t have it your own way.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I don't know if it's different on the Influencers threads because I only go in General Discussion and Celebs, but the reason I came to Tattle at the beginning of lockdown was that I was so sick of how vile everyone was on Twitter and Digital Spy.

On DS it just seemed anything anyone posted, however innocuous, was just picked apart and criticised. So many of the members seemed to despise each other but here people just get on and have a sense of humour about things.

The Tattle that one reads about in the media is definitely not the same one I've experienced.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Also, there are lots of threads about all sorts of non gossip subjects - in advice etc. Plus the pro threads - the raves. Book reviews. Gender discussion. Feminism. It has a broad range of subjects.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
“Tattle Life, which was set up specifically to scrutinise how transparent influencers were about advertising”

That bit seems fair, at least. Sad not to see “dragging site” used anywhere though.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12