Tattle In The Press

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is in the Sunday Times today - https://archive.is/9q2g7
Take that, trolls! How ‘mumfluencer’ Anna Whitehouse turned online abuse into a bestselling novel
Anna Whitehouse 'Mutha Pukka' seems one of the least hysterical influencers about here. I've heard her being interviewed and she said a lot of posts are thoughtful and make sense. She also doesn't go down the 'all Tattlers are jealous middle aged women' route. Just disenchanted people.
I don't know enough about her to know what she is like. Just thought it interesting she doesn't blindly follow the aggrieved IGer party line.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Anna Whitehouse 'Mutha Pukka' seems one of the least hysterical influencers about here. I've heard her being interviewed and she said a lot of posts are thoughtful and make sense. She also doesn't go down the 'all Tattlers are jealous middle aged women' route. Just disenchanted people.
I don't know enough about her to know what she is like. Just thought it interesting she doesn't blindly follow the aggrieved IGer party line.
I haven’t ever followed her properly but she does the flex appeal stuff so has actually used her platform for some good, not saying it’s changed the world for working mums but at least it’s something beyond the free kitchen #renos and tit Barbour jackets her pals called it a day at? Would assume she’s one of the smarter ones to have the social awareness & savvy to do that work?

Re: @Yel’s comment on us being professionals, this is what kills me too! They pretend like we’re all jealous of the lifestyles that they’re gifted to promote to us to buy? So brands are aware of our disposable incomes and trying to influence purchase via the sales rep flogging any old tat on Insta - and yet they’re calling us broke? 🥴 If it’s not that it’s jealous, like I could give a duck you’ve got to think of a way to store an ooni pizza oven for the 364 days of the year you don’t use it hun, just declare it as an ad pls I beg of you !

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
If there are any Daily Mail journos reading here I'd like to ask them if its true as Private Eye alleged that:

1: Ex editor Paul Dacre called his staff cunts so much in meetings that they came to be known as 'The Vagina Monologues'?

2: Current editor Geordie Grieg was photographed being very friendly with Ghislane Maxwell?

3: Why is there no feverish speculation about the rumours surrounding the marriage breakdown of Michael Gove and Mail journo Sarah Vine? You do it to most other couples?

4: Have you ever read the rancid swamp of comments that regularly feature below the line of your articles? How do you have the nerve???

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Props to Joanna…waiting until the kids are in bed before she dedicates her energy to making hilarious quips on tattle

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I have a strong feeling “Joanna” isn’t real. Her quotes all fit too perfectly to the narrative of the article.

Reactions: 23
“Tattle Life, which was set up specifically to scrutinise how transparent influencers were about advertising”

That bit seems fair, at least. Sad not to see “dragging site” used anywhere though.
Yep they had to tell the truth for that bit. The rest they can hide behind saying it's the words of an anonymous source. So it's near impossible to prove is real and not made up bullshit.

Reminds of South park with this fictional Joanna🤣 I think someone was inspired

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I have a strong feeling “Joanna” isn’t real. Her quotes all fit too perfectly to the narrative of the article.
i have the same impression from these articles. I honestly think they have made up this fictional person, because it’s so one dimensional. If you talked to most people why they use this site they’d make some points around influencer culture and why it’s so problematic. We also know that posting addresses and floor plans is banned yet this fictional character is bragging about doing it. Load of horse tit

Reactions: 10
Why is the fact this 'Joanna' tweets abusive messages to celebrities even in an article about Tattle? It has nothing to do with here?
So lazy to pretend that this is even allowed.
Or course Tattlers might do it, but running back here reporting it would result in deletions and possible banning.

Reactions: 12
Totally agree. Noone here makes really vicious comments. When are these media outlets who are by definition critical themselves, going to learn the difference between criticism and trolling.

Say anything vaguely critical these days and you're a troll.

Reactions: 4
New article on Tattle here if anyone has a subscription. Looks like another hatchet job!

Oh give over - I’m subscribed to a ton of google alerts (some of them for the threads I follow) and tattle doesn’t come up as it’s not press! She either googled herself and found it or actively searched for herself here. bleeping morons peddling this idea

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Oh give over - I’m subscribed to a ton of google alerts (some of them for the threads I follow) and tattle doesn’t come up as it’s not press! She either googled herself and found it or actively searched for herself here. bleeping morons peddling this idea
Also possible that she'd heard about Tattle and that only influencers with lots of followers are allowed a thread so kept an eye on it to see if she was mentioned.
These people are so far up their own backsides they consider it a badge of honour to have a thread. It means they are popular. To be in the same sphere as Hinch et al is something they aspire to, even if it is negative. Also 'I'm being trolled' is the latest way to get on telly.
Idiots.

Reactions: 9
It never ceases to amaze me that these people go to the press with easily provable lies 🤦‍♀️

If all these people didn't keep promoting tattle then it wouldn't keep growing. I'd forgive people for thinking tattle was behind all the stories!

Screenshot_20210923-102959_Chrome.jpg

they consider it a badge of honour to have a thread. It means they are popular.
I think they might do momentarily to start with, then quickly can't stand comments that they can't delete.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
It never ceases to amaze me that these people go to the press with easily provable lies 🤦‍♀️

If all these people didn't keep promoting tattle then it wouldn't keep growing. I'd forgive people for thinking tattle was behind all the stories!

View attachment 776824

I think they might do momentarily to start with, then quickly can't stand comments that they can't delete.
Free marketing!

Reactions: 5

View attachment 776824

They’re playing with fire as the more they associate their #brand with trolling and tattle the more they’ll be searched for in that context and Google’s algos will a) autocomplete with name + tattle and b) rank tattle higher for them. Jack Monroe is a perfect example of this, tattle is now twice as searched for as her “literal life work” recipes, 75% as searched for as her Twitter, her books don’t even rank top 10 for searched for terms? how these people are going to get publishing deals when their tattle threads are of more interest than their actual work is beyond me.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Why don’t they all take a look at the genuine sympathy Zoella is getting in her thread because her grandad has just passed away. What a horrible bunch of bastards we are 🙄

Reactions: 7
New article on Tattle here if anyone has a subscription. Looks like another hatchet job!

Her mental health has suffered so the best thing for her to do was rehash what she already told everyone nearly a year ago...

I know if I felt I was being bullied by somewhere and my mental health was suffering I wouldn't tell everyone the same story I had already told unless I haven't actually suffered metal health problems and just wanted the media publicity to help get my name out there.

Reactions: 6