Tattle In The Press

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her mental health has suffered so the best thing for her to do was rehash what she already told everyone nearly a year ago...
She posted last night an absolutely absurd made up story about it all, weaving in that her mum just found out about tattle and is crying while having chemo. Considering she's been going on and on about tattle for over a year it's clearly made up. That's why certain people have threads because they post absolute crap to manipulate and gain followers

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 8

We've finally got a mention in Vogue can you believe it? Well it's just a sentence and it's being negative and judgemental about the forum but it's still a high class publication sending more traffic this way, which will result in more opinions shared, from new posters signing up :D

• Haha
Reactions: 12
But social media encourages mean girl behaviour. The algorithm always knows that messy drama means you’ll stick around for longer. That’s why sites like Tattle Life have thousands of critical threads about celebrities, and very few positive ones.
It kinda misses the point, if someone wants to praise someone they'd post it on their feed.

Tattle has grown because people try to silence any criticism. I wouldn't say the critical things I say about celebs @ them, because that would be trolling.

Anyway tattle isn't algorithm based. It's a traditional forum where people are in total control over what content they see. They can use that argument at big tech and the manipulation to keep on a platform for as long as possible, but not here.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Metro mentioned us earlier this week which is a shame as I like Metro. I would suggest Miss Bond signed up here and asked us in this specific thread whatever she wants to know because if she found it so hard for people to talk about here she wasn't trying hard enough.
You what? 'Women of colour' are treated especially badly on Tattle?
How can they put out this stuff with literally no evidence?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
And about accounts with less than 10k followers? Which is against the rules? So literally made up?

Reactions: 6
I don't know why they bother with the same old one sided articles.

Any member of the press can read this thread and maybe do something that hasn't been done before with all the content given here.

Influencers want to be offlimits discussing the content they chose to post because it affects their mental health.

Influencers posting on social media affects the mental health of the public.

People are entitled in a free world to discuss those in a position of power and influence.

It raises some interesting questions - should the modern celebs be protected of the inevitable consequences of fame that have always existed? Not that any of these articles would ever go there. But twitter, Facebook and the daily mail should also be closed down if people say tattle needs to go. We're so so much stricter than any of them with what's allowed to be posted.

All so ridiculous. The metro says tattle should be closed down. The metro is owned by the daily mail who are always taking content from tattle. The mail is probably far more detrimental to public figures mental health with their print and online media but they (quite rightfully) say how important a free press is to society. Make it make sense.

I don't know why I still reply to this thread, I've probably done the same post 20 times now 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 25
The press are more concerned about influencers and celebrities who make money from showing a false lifestyle online being insulted than the real life people who are constantly feeling like they are not enough?

it actually annoys me. I see tattle as a place to go to voice opinions about why influencers are so awful and do nothing helpful with their so called “careers”. The press make out like these people are forced to read here!

if you want to go into a career that has a shady way of making money that relies on sneaky sales tactics, expect back lash! How many of us cannot stand unwanted telephone sales calls or people knocking at their doors? Exact same sort of thing. I don’t follow any but they still manage to end up on ads on my feeds or shared by others and I think it’s actually annoying. It’s hard to escape some of the influencers who seem to just be everywhere.

don’t even get me started on the numerous breaches of children’s human rights and safeguarding issues that these influencers have no regard to. Children born right away and shown to a world of complete strangers, digital footprint available from their first day out their mothers womb. Absolutely no autonomy for them and I truly believe this will be a huge trauma for many of these babies as they get older. How can you trust a parent who sold the rights to your private life the minute you were born?

Reactions: 13
This is from the daily mail, something Mrs Hinch and co encourage, but it's true, their fans don't know them, they aren't friends. And all the I love you all to the moon and back is rubbish. It doesn't mention tattle, as we are not that easily led.
Elle Darby is an awful one for this! Constantly calling her followers her 'bestest friends in the whole world', but then in the next breath says about needing privacy and she shouldn't be expected to share her life with her 'followers' . She can't decide whether her children followers are her 'best friends' or simply paying for her new Tesla 😡

Reactions: 8
Omg how bleeping rude! As opposed to what, how well WoC are treated by social media platforms that refuse to apply the same tech they do to references of covid to filter out racial slurs? The same platform where BAME influencers constant receive grief? That tit wouldn’t fly on tattle! Tbh most the discussion around race here is criticising the performance of allyship that came out of the #BLM “moment” (eurgh at saying that) and how none of them have followed up since they were pretty much obliged to feign caring for black people! The contributions here are more long form & nuanced than is even possible on Twitter anyway so you get a more balanced discussion of these sensitive issues than just sharing a black square and calling it a day. We hold influencers to account for doing just that to then continuing on forgetting their commitments to anti racism in favour for the next Barbour campaign full of white women. duck them for making out like it’s a hot bed of racism.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The press are more concerned about influencers and celebrities who make money from showing a false lifestyle online being insulted than the real life people who are constantly feeling like they are not enough?

it actually annoys me. I see tattle as a place to go to voice opinions about why influencers are so awful and do nothing helpful with their so called “careers”. The press make out like these people are forced to read here!

if you want to go into a career that has a shady way of making money that relies on sneaky sales tactics, expect back lash! How many of us cannot stand unwanted telephone sales calls or people knocking at their doors? Exact same sort of thing. I don’t follow any but they still manage to end up on ads on my feeds or shared by others and I think it’s actually annoying. It’s hard to escape some of the influencers who seem to just be everywhere.

don’t even get me started on the numerous breaches of children’s human rights and safeguarding issues that these influencers have no regard to. Children born right away and shown to a world of complete strangers, digital footprint available from their first day out their mothers womb. Absolutely no autonomy for them and I truly believe this will be a huge trauma for many of these babies as they get older. How can you trust a parent who sold the rights to your private life the minute you were born?
Totally agree, you can't have the best of both worlds with this. It's spoilt behaviour to think they can get away with everything and the one second someone gives negative feedback they start throwing their toys out the pram and block everyone within a 10 mile radius of that comment.
Sorry but imagine in "normal" jobs, people did that in their quarterly reviews pahaha, you'd be fired in an instant!

Reactions: 6
Influencers want to have their cake and eat it. I like tattle because so far I feel I can have an opinion and not get attacked for it - we can agree to disagree. I find Marcus Rashford annoying for example but doubt I would get kicked off the site for saying so. I made a comment about the body positive movement on reddit the masses didnt like and got kicked off the site!

Reactions: 2
Omg how bleeping rude! As opposed to what, how well WoC are treated by social media platforms that refuse to apply the same tech they do to references of covid to filter out racial slurs? The same platform where BAME influencers constant receive grief? That tit wouldn’t fly on tattle! Tbh most the discussion around race here is criticising the performance of allyship that came out of the #BLM “moment” (eurgh at saying that) and how none of them have followed up since they were pretty much obliged to feign caring for black people! The contributions here are more long form & nuanced than is even possible on Twitter anyway so you get a more balanced discussion of these sensitive issues than just sharing a black square and calling it a day. We hold influencers to account for doing just that to then continuing on forgetting their commitments to anti racism in favour for the next Barbour campaign full of white women. duck them for making out like it’s a hot bed of racism.
Anyone thinking we're all a bunch of racists should probably check out the Jesy Nelson threads. But still, nice way for a white journalist and a white influencer to attempt to silence the POC tattlers.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Anyone thinking we're all a bunch of racists should probably check out the Jesy Nelson threads. But still, nice way for a white journalist and a white influencer to attempt to silence the POC tattlers.
Yep! And how can the MSM have diddly to say when they continue to elevate the voices of a small community of white upper middle class people we’ve been hearing from for years? A forum is the only opportunity most of us have for exposure to different world experiences / views because the press refuse to engage BAME or working class or even just not affluent journalists or commentators, and anyone outside of London tbqh. I’ve learnt more about wider society and what people’s lives are actually like from some of these threads than I have in years of watching the news, reading think pieces, and going on Twitter at my desk at work. If they want us to stop using tattle then maybe produce better content huns? 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Yep! And how can the MSM have diddly to say when they continue to elevate the voices of a small community of white upper middle class people we’ve been hearing from for years? A forum is the only opportunity most of us have for exposure to different world experiences / views because the press refuse to engage BAME or working class or even just not affluent journalists or commentators, and anyone outside of London tbqh. I’ve learnt more about wider society and what people’s lives are actually like from some of these threads than I have in years of watching the news, reading think pieces, and going on Twitter at my desk at work. If they want us to stop using tattle then maybe produce better content huns? 🤷🏻‍♀️
Same here. Discussions I've been involved in here have raised my awareness of racism and the forms it can take.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Same here. Discussions I've been involved in here have raised my awareness of racism and the forms it can take.
I’ve learnt a lot about disabilities, the only wheelchair user I know IRL is minted so has a very different lived experience to someone at the mercy of PIP assessments or living alone without a wife to support you. Similarly with mental health conditions or things like ADHD/autism (not sure what category these go under soz) I just had no idea about before! Tattle is the only place I’ve gotten to chat to older women too and I’ve learnt about menopause & raising older kids. There are food bank volunteers on the Jack thread who are v insightful and one flagged how foodbanks are struggling rn and you can set up direct debits to support your local one so I did - this is something that never even occurred to me to do before that post!

I just can’t see how there’s more value in me reading Grace Dent go on about a small plates venue that doesn’t even take reservations or Sali Hughes try and flog me £100 candles to mask my anxiety disorders? This sounds so pathetic but I’ve been so lonely becoming a new mum in the pandemic & oftentimes tattle is the only “conversation” I get with women in a day that doesn’t involve my work or my 👶🏼 so the papers need to step up to even be able to consider filling that void 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Tattle is the only forum I’ve ever spoken about my adhd without someone telling me it isn’t real or I just should “pay attention” but yes tattle is sooo terrible. I also speak freely about my sons autism with no judgement and can talk about concerns with child’s safeguarding on the internet without being told to just “be kind” or cries or “troll”

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Tattle is the only forum I’ve ever spoken about my adhd without someone telling me it isn’t real or I just should “pay attention” but yes tattle is sooo terrible. I also speak freely about my sons autism with no judgement and can talk about concerns with child’s safeguarding on the internet without being told to just “be kind” or cries or “troll”
Also why anonymity is so important despite the calls by so many for it to be banned.
People open up here on various threads when they just would not if you had to give your name.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Also why anonymity is so important despite the calls by so many for it to be banned.
People open up here on various threads when they just would not if you had to give your name.
Agree! The biggest criticism of social media is how everyone only shares their highlights reels, no one shares the tough stuff so you can feel like you’re totally alone. The lovely thing about the communities I’ve seen spring up off different threads is you can share ur woes & you’ll either manage to find someone else going through similar or just kindness. That doesn’t exist on Instagram or Twitter outside of DMs which is why I’d rather spend time on here then over there these days!

Than over here* eurgh x

Last edited:
Reactions: 11