Tattle In The Press

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just read this in Glamour magazine…..thoughts?
the article just contradicts itself - it literally puts the definition of hate speech on it 😂 any posts on here that are hate speech get removed! Free speech is totally different. Why don’t they google the human rights act to and see that every human in the U.K. is born with the “right to privacy” and then follow up that pieces of tit like hinch and ss take that away from their kids 😀

I agree that trying to find out people’s addresses etc is a step too far, and thankfully the mods do come down on that quite quickly.

However, I will say this as an example, I’ve no idea where Holly Willloughby lives or what her children look like. She protects her family’s privacy and does not monetise their lives all over social media. You can’t sell your and your children’s privacy to the highest bidder, and then complain people know about your lives.
EXACTLY. Emma Willis is the same as is Katie piper. They love their children and that is clear. Hinchs children are just cash cows to them.

Reactions: 35
"that she no longer goes for runs and has security cameras placed on her property" I have no idea who the influencer is that they spoke to, I've never heard of her, but if tattle members can find this tit out, imagine what someone wanting to cause her harm could find out. This is the point we are trying to make. Stop oversharing on social media. People wouldn't find things out if you didn't give people things to look up that YOU have made public.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
In my opinion, the only reason these Influencers hate Tattle.life so much is that we see right through their Facade, say it like it is and find information out (with proof) . It’s great that websites like this exist so people can have open discussions without fear of being silenced. They should follow Sophies advice, “if you dont like it, dont look at it”.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Oh definitely we're no saints on a gossip forum. But the worst you get is bitchy comments and I'd file them under not that bad. If there's anything bordering on abusive or hateful we'd take action.

The problem is everyone has a different opinion of what's acceptable on a gossip forum. Some want all talk of appearance off limits, others want all talk of appearance banned unless it's about procedures they've chosen to have done and others want to only talk about appearance if the influencer photoshops themselves heavily.

You could spend all day trying to please people and end up pleasinging no one. If everything that could cause offense was banned there would be nothing left to talk about.

We all have things we find triggering, that's so hard to avoid in life. It's probably best to talk about what you want to and don't respond to stuff you don't like.

Some comments if you don't know the backstory can look quite bad. Like the Kate Hayes thread, she's always lying about her size and editing her pictures heavily. So the comments are mainly about the misrepresentation (not that I've read it recently).

It's all a bit of a moot point as only a tiny amount of comments on the whole are about appearance. Influencers like to pretend tattle is all about death threats and calling people ugly.

Diabetes is something that comes up a fair bit in reports. Someone says something like "they'll give themselves diabetes eating like that" and quite a few people find this triggering as it's not differentiating between type 1 and type 2. I totally get why people that have misery caused by this disease might be upset by it. But as mods it's a pretty impossible situation.

End of the day the comments here are not @ someone in their feed and they'd have to go out of their way to read. Becoming a public figure will attract the public making comments about them. This is nothing new; it's as inevitable is the sun rising. It's a healthy part of society for the little people to comment on those in a position of power and influence.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Oh definitely we're no saints on a gossip forum. But the worst you get is bitchy comments and I'd file them under not that bad. If there's anything bordering on abusive or hateful we'd take action.

The problem is everyone has a different opinion of what's acceptable on a gossip forum. Some want all talk of appearance off limits, others want all talk of appearance banned unless it's about procedures they've chosen to have done and others want to only talk about appearance if the influencer photoshops themselves heavily.

You could spend all day trying to please people and end up pleasinging no one. If everything that could cause offense was banned there would be nothing left to talk about.

We all have things we find triggering, that's so hard to avoid in life. It's probably best to talk about what you want to and don't respond to stuff you don't like.

Some comments if you don't know the backstory can look quite bad. Like the Kate Hayes thread, she's always lying about her size and editing her pictures heavily. So the comments are mainly about the misrepresentation (not that I've read it recently).

It's all a bit of a moot point as only a tiny amount of comments on the whole are about appearance. Influencers like to pretend tattle is all about death threats and calling people ugly.

Diabetes is something that comes up a fair bit in reports. Someone says something like "they'll give themselves diabetes eating like that" and quite a few people find this triggering as it's not differentiating between type 1 and type 2. I totally get why people that have misery caused by this disease might be upset by it. But as mods it's a pretty impossible situation.

End of the day the comments here are not @ someone in their feed and they'd have to go out of their way to read. Becoming a public figure will attract the public making comments about them. This is nothing new; it's as inevitable is the sun rising. It's a healthy part of society for the little people to comment on those in a position of power and influence.
Oh I wholly agree with you Yel. You can’t moderate people to such an extent that no one is allowed to comment. I totally get that. I read the comments and scroll past (or report if necessary, but not often).

I usually only report when you see people screenshot that they’ve commented directly on the influencers socials as that’s taking it off tattle, and I don’t think enough people are aware that this isn’t how it works here. By all means, if you really MUST comment about the influencer/ person then say it here rather than on their own socials. But there are a few instances where people comment on the person then bring it over here to brag. If I see that I report, cos that ain’t cool.

On the whole I’m here because I like the vibe mostly, and I feel strongly that some online personalities really need to catch a hold of themselves and stop the grift.

Reactions: 9
  • Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Not derailing :cautious:, but have you seen this?
We.are.getting.more.famous.by.the day!:p
I saw it on Sky News and i found it demential. I am not an abusive person and in the past i tried to comment on YOUTUBE videos. Never uneducated. All my comments were deleted. But i cannot stand all the beggers, all the patreon's, buy a coffee or buy a pizza stuff. I simply cannot stand. I think they are already making money with YouTube and that has to be more than enough. If i find a place where i can write this, this is my place. And VFC to all of them...

Reactions: 5
Anyone new to this thread, read the last few pages that explain the influencer speaking absolute fantasist bullshit.

Thanks for the mention Liz Jones 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The thing that annoys me about these articles is when they say 'they found my address and posted it' well...

A, if they did that's not Tattles fault because posting addresses is against the rules AND
B, as soon as the Mod's find out its taken down.

I don't know why Em Sheldon is so bothered I've watched a couple of her vlogs and she is as dull as dish water and lets not mention her annoying voice.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Anyone new to this thread, read the last few pages that explain the influencer speaking absolute fantasist bullshit.

Thanks for the mention Liz Jones 😆

Liz Jones is never happy about anything :ROFLMAO: could set up a rave thread for her and she’ll still be moaning.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
"that she no longer goes for runs and has security cameras placed on her property" I have no idea who the influencer is that they spoke to, I've never heard of her, but if tattle members can find this tit out, imagine what someone wanting to cause her harm could find out. This is the point we are trying to make. Stop oversharing on social media. People wouldn't find things out if you didn't give people things to look up that YOU have made public.
I don't believe that Emma no longer goes running. No one on her thread wishes her harm. She is talking utter shite. Her address is public on her companies profile where her taxes are filed. Maybe she should not have her home address listed on it...I know other influencers do not.

Reactions: 4
you'd think that after the events of this week and the ongoing online grooming of young men, the tabloids would switch their focus, wouldn't you?

Reactions: 3
Not derailing :cautious:, but have you seen this?
We.are.getting.more.famous.by.the day!:p

PS. I am of royal descent. Jus' sayin'. And I ❤underwater!
Mm when they say (and they have all without fail said it) 'it's so much more than commenting on my appearance, I don't mind that, it is the finding my address and posting it on line so I'm too scared to leave the house' I think they are being disingenuous.
I would be so pissed off if a group of strangers commented on my appearance. They are allowed to say that is their main gripe with here. Instead they make up a load of stuff about fearing for their lives and security issues to make out here is dangerous rather than bitchy. Which it can be. At times 🤭

Reactions: 2

See we are getting more mainstream by reaching Sky News, well done people :D If people don't want to see bad things about them how about don't come on this forum? If you want this forum shut down for bad comments then by the same rule you want to shut down your own social media accounts to get rid of the bad comments left on them? We don't wish death on anyone. We call out the BS from the likes of social media 'influencers' who think they can do no wrong and don't see how bad of a person they are promoting any old shite in photos that have been airbrushed to unrealistic levels that those who see them cannot achieve. All the time whilst giving off the image of a perfect family when we know behind the scenes they will have arguments just like any of families do.

Why are journos and the media allowed to pass comment on public figures and influencers, but heaven forbid the general public dare write their own opinions?

if you live life in the public eye and you are a walking product yourself or make a living from spouting your own opinions on things then why on earth don’t they expect any criticism? Just cos Tattle isn’t run by the exclusive posh media clique they don’t like it

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Just read the article. "Last month, content creator and influencer Em Sheldon met with the Parliamentary Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (DCMS). There, she told MPs about the “dark spaces of the internet”, on forum sites like Tattle Life, where “grown women with children” target influencers, bloggers and other public figures with relentless abuse." Grown women with children is such an odd thing to highlight?

The article also highlights that it's anonymous here and you don't need to give personal details to sign up. This is the same as social media and other forums. I'm anonymous here because I'm careful about what I put on the internet for safety - not because I'm ashamed of my opinions. Im private everywhere. I have never said anything here that I consider hateful or that would get me fired from my job. I'm here because I find influencer culture and how many of them behave so shady, disingenuous, and fascinating. I'm not sure if this is worded very well but I find the psychology of it very interesting, as it's such a new career and new type of celebrity, the impacts of which are unknown - for influencer and followers. I know social media and following influencers has impacted my mental health previously which is why I don't follow any anymore. I think we deserve to be able to discuss things like this somewhere. Who are influencers accountable to? Why do journalists writing about us apparent "trolls" never touch on these points?

I do think some threads on here are too intense and go too far. I avoid them. The same as I would on Twitter etc, and report anything that is necessary.

The article also comments on being able to find where influencers live. Influencers themselves make it obvious where they live, especially now they all want to do house renovation accounts to get freebies. Some users do make it obvious when they find their house though which I don't agree with, e.g. not directly posting the address but by posting things like "search this" "the street name rhymes with" etc, though I've always seen mods remove this.

I think Pandora and Dollys threads have been pretty tame, posted in by people who have followed them and supported them, but it's opened up interesting discussions about class and wealth and inclusivity which I find interesting.

This is probs super long haha sorry!

Last edited:
Reactions: 29

See we are getting more mainstream by reaching Sky News, well done people :D If people don't want to see bad things about them how about don't come on this forum? If you want this forum shut down for bad comments then by the same rule you want to shut down your own social media accounts to get rid of the bad comments left on them? We don't wish death on anyone. We call out the BS from the likes of social media 'influencers' who think they can do no wrong and don't see how bad of a person they are promoting any old shite in photos that have been airbrushed to unrealistic levels that those who see them cannot achieve. All the time whilst giving off the image of a perfect family when we know behind the scenes they will have arguments just like any of families do.
If we are indeed trolls then why would people looking to work with these people listen to a word we write.

What i mean is, if i know someone is shady and they tell me something about someone i am inclined not to believe them and therefore no harm, no foul. If a person tells me something and they have no reason to bullshit then i would believe them.

Why would we make it up when often there is receipts of their actual words confirming what we say. Its quite ridiculous!