Tattle In The Press

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They don’t want a real job that involves real hard work, they do want a fat income, if that involves deceit, grifting, they don’t care, tattle calls them out and exposes their lies, that’s what they don’t like.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
They don’t want a real job that involves real hard work, they do want a fat income, if that involves deceit, grifting, they don’t care, tattle calls them out and exposes their lies, that’s what they don’t like.
I think the disparity between their real world earning potential & what they can get on Insta is exactly what keeps them so defensive and dishonest. I can’t think of many influencers who have had decent careers, the big exception being ex mag crew who would have had fab careers but been paid peanuts for it, so they simply couldn’t have their lives if every one either became savvy to the coercive sales tactics or some of the particularly awful ones’ behaviour.

Reactions: 11
This what I don’t get? Have they been on Reddit? Or even mumsnet AIBU?
There I have seen cyber bullying.
The odd person who takes it too far on here is usually pulled up on it by fellow tattlers or disappears (I assume banned).

Let’s not forget some of the socking done by influencers themselves on here 🤣
GLP and 4Chan are the other obvious ones too.

Reactions: 1
Lets face it most people myself included would love it if someone came along and gave me all the stuff i wanted for my house for free and paid £££ me to talk up some shite face cream, but i have morals and i dont want to get stuff through grift. Id rather earn it even if it means working and saving.

Also i dont want to sell my family to a life similar to the truman show so that we can get some fancy furniture or the latest tech.

Reactions: 6
Lots of industries have a forum where they can be reviewed. Hospitality and tourism have trip advisor, we have Yelp review, businesses have Glass Door etc. These are anonymous forums and it is very hard to get a review removed from there.
Insta influencers are operating a business. They choose to monetise their social media and they are very quick to block any negative comments. We are their customers and Tattle gives people a space to review their business. If you don’t like receiving negative reviews then make your social media private. Influencers feels they have a right to control the narrative because they have exposed their private lives to scrutiny. However that is their choice and they are gaining financially from doing so. If they have such a problem with Tattle that they want to shut it down then maybe they should shut down their social media instead.

Reactions: 23
Duncan wotsit from Blue has been whining about being trolled, wants accounts verified. Well tbh if you fill your face with plastic you need to expect a few comments. The chilling bit is, none of these idiots realise that what they're calling for is the end of free speech. Nobody could call out the government, we'd be like China.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
No one asks these people to read here. If they dont want too see negative or judgemental comments on them then dont google your name. Simples.

I couldnt care less what people say about me behind my back and even less if its untrue. My dear old mum says if what someone says is untrue and you know it is then thats all that matters.

• Heart
God help the insta snowflakes if they look at kiwi farm. Twitter is better than it was, but it's still way more brutal than here. There are some sub reddit that are 😕. Ultimately everyone chooses to post on social media, nobody has a gun to your head telling you to post begging for freebies, or attention. I can choose to comment on insta, but you just get blocked, they're all just cross they can't control this bit of their fake narrative.
That place is crazy yet never gets mentioned anywhere

Reactions: 9
Duncan wotsit from Blue has been whining about being trolled, wants accounts verified. Well tbh if you fill your face with plastic you need to expect a few comments. The chilling bit is, none of these idiots realise that what they're calling for is the end of free speech. Nobody could call out the government, we'd be like China.
I suspect that some people who are calling for stuff like this don't actually realise the effect it would have if they get what they want.

For one thing it would stop them having secret accounts if they had to use their real name 🤣

Reactions: 4
I suspect that some people who are calling for stuff like this don't actually realise the effect it would have if they get what they want.

For one thing it would stop them having secret accounts if they had to use their real name 🤣
Wot no sox? 🧦🧦🧦🧦

• Haha
Reactions: 3

+ they say this as if Facebook doesn’t exist? People have had Facebook accounts for over a decade now, most people are under their real names and just by location and looking at a friends list you could probably guess the school/uni that person went to, jobs they’ve had, etc. And it’s the biggest shithole of them all!!!

Reactions: 5
+ they say this as if Facebook doesn’t exist? People have had Facebook accounts for over a decade now, most people are under their real names and just by location and looking at a friends list you could probably guess the school/uni that person went to, jobs they’ve had, etc. And it’s the biggest shithole of them all!!!
Yes! By their logic Facebook must be a lovely place where everyone gets along because no one would dare disagree or post a bitchy comment when it's under their own name... Wait... 😂 Have they seen comments under news articles on FB or some of the group's on there, or even the comments on celebrities pages? Makes tattle look tame 😂

Reactions: 7
I think lots of them know what they do is wrong, but it's easier to blame us than face the reality of influencing and all the dishonestly that goes hand in hand with it.

They get so defensive as they have little tallent or skillset to fall back on as their job is being paid to say how great X is, regardless of if they've actually used it. They get caught up in lies and they get exposed here and annoyed that they can't control it.

Ah well just makes us ever more determined to keep the site running 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I see far far more horrific comments, abuse and trolling on Twitter than on here. Literally can think of one or two comments that were a little bit below the belt on here and I’ve been a member for ages now. Maybe I’m on the wrong threads, but I literally don’t see anything bad..?!

Reactions: 7
Em Sheldon got worse comments on Facebook underneath the BBC and telegraph articles posted on there, by mainly men, than what she gets on here.

Which was ironic after she labelled ‘middle aged women the biggest trolls’ in her quest to slander this forum.

I see far far more horrific comments, abuse and trolling on Twitter than on here. Literally can think of one or two comments that were a little bit below the belt on here and I’ve been a member for ages now. Maybe I’m on the wrong threads, but I literally don’t see anything bad..?!
I agree with this. Influencers don’t get that we don’t have to like them or their content. So if someone on here says, I think that outfit is awful or make up is caked on. It’s an opinion not hate. And we don’t have to ‘be nice or say nothing’ because the practices employed by influencers are shady and in some cases completely unethical. I don’t see criticism of any other job being banned so why are influencers so special 🤨

• Heart
There really isn't anything bad here, that's why they hate it so much and only talk about the tiny minority of comments that out of context that don't look good. They want to discredit all the legitimate points that make them uncomfortable.

The most popular thread here is the love island one and the most popular post in the last day is someone saying how they've been unwell but the chat on the love island thread has cheered them up.

Are there any proper journalists out there? We've given so much content on this thread to look into and come back with an article that brings something new to the table!

Reactions: 18
There really isn't anything bad here, that's why they hate it so much and only talk about the tiny minority of comments that out of context that don't look good. They want to discredit all the legitimate points that make them uncomfortable.

The most popular thread here is the love island one and the most popular post in the last day is someone saying how they've been unwell but the chat on the love island thread has cheered them up.

Are there any proper journalists out there? We've given so much content on this thread to look into and come back with an article that brings something new to the table!
Some things do cross a line, and I think it’s younger users (they quite like to debate people’s body’s etc, and can be quite rude about body shape which often can’t be helped which I think is a little unfair on the influencer and probably only down to their own insecurities- see saffron baker and Anastasia threads)

And some threads are quite gross in how they speak about people (Sali Axl/ Katie Hayes) which deflects from the more constructive criticism.

ive also noticed quite a few users going into discussion re triggering content and eating disorders which sometimes is such a reach that I think they are doing it purely to talk about their own EDs for whatever reason anonymously.

But a LOT of the stuff said on here is just plain irritation and constructive criticism. I gave the same in restaurants if I’m not happy with a service 🤷🏼‍♀️

We’re certainly not angels but most of the comments I see relate to an influencer’s honesty and decency and not the “I hope you get cancer and die” abuse you see elsewhere. Then there’s the actual rules they are meant to follow when advertising or promoting items. Obviously, there’s the criminal fraudsters who are sometimes caught by the law but I can’t even abide the outright begging, and some of them sail close to the wind on this one. Yes, you may be poorer than you were/want to be but don’t get out the begging bowl to be filled by those on a lower income. You’re too ill to leave the house but can go glamping/travel across the country for an AD/Promo trip. You had the money to pay that fine, repair etc. but you’ve since spaffed it on a big ticket item...”why do I not deserve nice things?!”

Yeah, I guess what pips me the most is the weeping and whining about a “job” that you chose to do and the loss of anonymity that you willingly surrendered.

ETA
Yes, Im also not keen on some of the comments about appearance and I do think it detracts from a justified criticism about behaviour.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Just read this in Glamour magazine…..thoughts?
I agree that trying to find out people’s addresses etc is a step too far, and thankfully the mods do come down on that quite quickly.

However, I will say this as an example, I’ve no idea where Holly Willloughby lives or what her children look like. She protects her family’s privacy and does not monetise their lives all over social media. You can’t sell your and your children’s privacy to the highest bidder, and then complain people know about your lives.

• Heart
Reactions: 78