Tattle In The Press

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re: Belle Gibson doc on there she told the journalist if he exposed her lies that it would affect her health and lead her to suicide. There's no balance with these public figure influencers and they always jump to suicide for being held to account.

This is like a quiz

1 Laughing about the death of a young woman.
Giles Coren, he deleted the tweets but I guess he still has his jobs at the times and times radio?

2 Knowingly shacked up with a scumbag convicted of possession of paedophilic images.
India Knight, who Sali Hughes chatted to about Tattlers addresses and sending around Eric Joyce who was at the time not a convicted paedophile, only convicted of a handful of violent crimes at the time but India knew of the upcoming charges.

3 Approvingly quoted by a neo nazi to justify his mass murder of young people.
I'm stuck on this one 😐

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
From @beautyblogger123 post this bit in particular made me roll my eyes:

Millions of comments, often posted under a cloak of online anonymity,

Er…I don’t think you have to use your full name and address along with a recent profile picture to comment on the Times articles, do you? Which means every comment under their articles are also posted under a “cloak of online anonymity”. So hyperbolic and transparent.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Yeah it's the same with that Em Sheldon gasping about the fact that many of us have <shock horror> jobs! and children! Like who the duck do you think it is who posts on the internet, it's just normal people lol. That's what they hate, though, that they can't somehow filter us out and control the narrative like they usually can.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I think what they really hate about tattle is it's mainly legitimate criticisms, so they only ever mention things to mislead over what the main discussion points are. This attempt to smear only comes back to bite them.

One day they'll be a decent article and I hope they count all the articles to criticise tattle than Vs all the articles for all the forums that terrorists inhabit.

What's really doing more harm for society mass shootings or people chatting about influencers conducting their shady business in a largely unregulated industry?

There have been articles on the real dark sites but the British press seem to have spoken way more about this site than them - https://www.wsj.com/articles/inside-the-toxic-online-world-where-mass-shooters-thrive-11567608631

Reactions: 15
Re: Belle Gibson doc on there she told the journalist if he exposed her lies that it would affect her health and lead her to suicide. There's no balance with these public figure influencers and they always jump to suicide for being held to account.

This is like a quiz

Giles Coren, he deleted the tweets but I guess he still has his jobs at the times and times radio?

India Knight, who Sali Hughes chatted to about Tattlers addresses and sending around Eric Joyce who was at the time not a convicted paedophile, only convicted of a handful of violent crimes at the time but India knew of the upcoming charges.

I'm stuck on this one 😐
I didn't mean to be so ambiguous! 🤣
We could call the quiz Name That Loon.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
A friend of an influencer who was mentioned in a thread on here went on an Instagram stories rant today about how what people do on tattle life is illegal and you can be prosecuted. (And an obligatory mention of the tattle life petition😂) what's everyone's opinion of this? In my opinion gossiping is very very different to cyber bullying. I wholeheartedly agree that hate speech and death threats should have legal repercussions, but gossip is very difficult. If I went up to someone and said 'i don't think you're very good at your job and you get given too much for free' they may be offended but you couldn't report that to the police. Thoughts?

Reactions: 10
A friend of an influencer who was mentioned in a thread on here went on an Instagram stories rant today about how what people do on tattle life is illegal and you can be prosecuted. (And an obligatory mention of the tattle life petition😂) what's everyone's opinion of this? In my opinion gossiping is very very different to cyber bullying. I wholeheartedly agree that hate speech and death threats should have legal repercussions, but gossip is very difficult. If I went up to someone and said 'i don't think you're very good at your job and you get given too much for free' they may be offended but you couldn't report that to the police. Thoughts?
Well, IMO, it's complete BS.

Internet forums have existed since the very beginning of the internet. Chat rooms, list servs, reddit, hell-holes like 4chan, sports forums, lipstick alley, digital spy, The fashion spot etc. People gossip in real life every day and this is just the online version of that. I'd wager that person and their influencer friend have gossiped about mutual acquaintances of theirs over brunch. Would they like to be reported to the local station for the bitchy thing they said about a mutual friend's new boyfriend?

Plus the reality is if someone is bad at their job in 'normal' roles there are processes for people to complain and report poor behavior/service/racism etc etc. It's harder to do that for influencers; save for reporting them to ASA when they don't declare ads and contacting companies who sponsor them directly. I think influencers don't like tattle in part because they resent people holding them accountable.

Reactions: 14
The illegal thing just instantly makes me want to tune out because she’s lying to intimidate / shame / whatever people into not replying which is a very weird tactic? Like the sort of bullying tit an abuser would do?

It’s not surprising that none of them can form reasoned & coherent arguments against tattle, and it’s because we’re actually doing nothing wrong. These people just want to live exploiting audiences for cash/gifts yet remain completely unaccountable to those audiences, and beyond any form of reproach? It’s a really weird set up but has been allowed to continue for years, so yeah understandably when people start talking about their undeclared ads or their cheeky begging on Insta stories it’s devastating.

Reactions: 10
The 'police are looking into Tattle' has been brought up by influencers so many times it is laughable. Or the other 'I've printed off all the threads about me and they are in the hands of my lawyer'.
The trouble is they resort to lies to try to prove a point. And when asked to provide evidence of their claims 'oh they've been deleted' or 'oh I don't want to give Tattle the traffic'. So they can say any old tit.
Eg Sali Hughes. She has said numerous times Tattlers have discussed her children at length. This is an absolute lie. And an emotive one as obviously people who don't frequent here will quite rightly think how appalling that is. She also said on Radio 4 that she thought Tattlers were capable of following her to Paris to push her under a train. Again unchallenged by interviewers to provide one scrap of backup for this ludicrous claim.
The media laps up all the daft things they say. They love to brand Tattle as a hate site rather than 'fed up with and laughing at' site. The misogyny and ageism is just disgraceful too.
The bottom line is influencers hate being laughed at. And their shady practises exposed. They would much rather pretend here is dangerous than face up to the fact they are being ridiculed.
They need to be more Adam Ant 'ridicule is nothing to be scared of'.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Certain things said here might be libel if a UK court got hold of it, but thats not criminal, its a civil matter. And also expensive to sue for, especially since you now can't get legal aid for it.

Reactions: 2
Tattle Life has been named in an article on Sky News. Wonder if some SM stars will not be pleased about that 🤔 Might send people over to take a look 👀

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
  • Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Link to sky article
looks like the same old
I’m confused as the Em Sheldon person is complaining as they have posted details on her home. I’ve gone onto her Instagram profile and she has a separate page dedicated to a house she is doing up in London with photos of loads of the rooms? Make it make sense!!

• Haha
Reactions: 7