Taskmaster

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So glad Taskmaster is back.
Onky a few minutes in but Greg clearly loves Julian and Lucy is insane.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I'm not sure about Lucy. That whole 'I think my legs are arms' thing seemed so purposely contrived and 'quirky'. I don't dislike her but hope she doesn't start grating with stuff like that.

Reactions: 6
Lucy at times looks a bit like Charlie Bucket from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. She's delightfully insane.

The cans task was genius.

Reactions: 7
Not watched last night's yet, but I can't stand Lucy, so not sure if I'll enjoy this series.

Reactions: 2
Loved it! What a great first episode. I like everyone on it so no gripes whatsoever. Sam is really fun, Susan is cool, Sue is Sue, love seeing Julian back on screen being a sarky old Queen, Lucy Is delightfully silly. Susan's glitter dungarees are the best outfit this season!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Sam is great!
Never heard of him before tbh - but one of the big joys of Taskmaster is discovering new people.

Reactions: 9
Sam is great!
Never heard of him before tbh - but one of the big joys of Taskmaster is discovering new people.
I only saw him recently on 8 out of 10 cats does Countdown. He was in Dictionary corner, I wasn't that impressed. But I think he's going to grow on me!

Reactions: 1
I like the line-up this year. I know them all via various shows and podcasts, and they are a good mix.

Sam is great!
From listening to Ed Gamble on the taskmaster podcast ep this week it sounds like his fellow comedians all like him/are looking forward to seeing him on the show which is sweet.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Oh!
When Lucy said she arms for feet and Greg asked why she thought she had four pairs of arms, Alex did a look to camera then the audience and then shrugged it off rather than interrupt and correct him.
Loved that.

Greg and Alex seem to enjoy this bunch, so it should be a good series!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Lucy Beaumont is my spirit animal. I'd already booked tickets to attend one of her gigs in a few weeks' time (and went to Jon Richardson's - her husband’s - gig last week) 😻

I haven’t watched Lucy in anything previously.
She’s far too annoying for me.
She's co-written a mockumentary Meet the Richardsons with Tim Key (Peter Kay's Car Share) which she also plays a leading role in. It's brilliant and one of the funniest TV shows I've come across.

Last edited:
I'm hoping to be persuaded by Lucy Beaumont. As it is I find her quite irritating tbh. I feel a lot of her quirkiness is an affectation. But I find that kind of humour annoying anyway, not just her. That sort of whimsical vague thing.

Reactions: 4
Lucy did Hullraisers, which was brilliant, not just because it's made in my neck of the woods, but it was just brilliant.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.