Taskmaster

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Series 17 just started filming in the studio. Early reports sound promising. .

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Is Taskmaster just a rite of passage now for every comedian bar Rhys James who apparently can't get his agent in touch with the Taskmaster producers (according to what he said in his stand-up show) haha.

I wonder who they'll have on in later years... TV presenters? Retired music artists? Sports personalities (a la Celeb Googlebox with Jamie Carragher and Micah Richards)? Not that I'd mind seeing that!

Reactions: 2
Is Taskmaster just a rite of passage now for every comedian bar Rhys James who apparently can't get his agent in touch with the Taskmaster producers (according to what he said in his stand-up show) haha.

I wonder who they'll have on in later years... TV presenters? Retired music artists? Sports personalities (a la Celeb Googlebox with Jamie Carragher and Micah Richards)? Not that I'd mind seeing that!
The New Year's Treat Episodes show that the show can have no comedians do the show and it still be brilliant. I don't think they should be afraid of introducing someone from a non comedy background into the main series.

Reactions: 8
The New Year's Treat Episodes show that the show can have no comedians do the show and it still be brilliant. I don't think they should be afraid of introducing someone from a non comedy background into the main series.
Absolutely!
Every time I need to get the step stool out, I automatically think of Nicola Coughlan refusing to start one of the tasks until she gets given a step haha.

If they ever did an England football team special (past and present players), I'd be all over that!

Reactions: 2
Thank you!

Looking forward to seeing Steve Pemberton and Nick Mohammed! I haven’t heard of the other 3.
Exactly the same as me! 😁 Though when I looked up one of my unknowns, it turns out she’s the lead part in Alma’s Not Normal, so I vaguely know of her even though I think I only watched one episode of that.

Really excited about Steve Pemberton as I am obsessed with Inside No 9 😊
---
Is Taskmaster just a rite of passage now for every comedian bar Rhys James
It’s pretty much jury service for comedians - sooner or later you will get called up!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I suppose they've had Richard Osman and Victoria Coren Mitchell who I wouldn't class as comedy?

Reactions: 3
I suppose they've had Richard Osman and Victoria Coren Mitchell who I wouldn't class as comedy?
And that keeps proving the point, expand the net for who gets on the show. So many of the new year contestants i want to see a full series of.

Reactions: 5
I'm still hoping they'll get Miles Jupp one day because I think he's wonderful in a cheerful and deranged way 😂 I'd also be interested to see Tim Minchin on it, but I think he'd have a breakdown within a few tasks because he takes himself quite seriously at times and I get the feeling he'd crack under the pressure 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Has anyone listed to the most recent podcast episode?
I got the sense Ivo isn't a fan of Lucy because he went quiet when Ed said something like 'she's already in the running to be one of the funniest contestants ever' [don't think so Ed..]and also suggested she's putting it on as an act rather than genuinely being that odd...
Just my thoughts!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I noticed the Lucy hesitation on the podcast as well. Ivo seemed to sincerely like everyone else but sidestepped her.

Reactions: 8
I'm still hoping they'll get Miles Jupp one day because I think he's wonderful in a cheerful and deranged way 😂 I'd also be interested to see Tim Minchin on it, but I think he'd have a breakdown within a few tasks because he takes himself quite seriously at times and I get the feeling he'd crack under the pressure 🤣
OMG Miles Jupp would wreak havoc! 🤣

Richard Ayoade would be interesting too if he ever went on...

• Heart
Reactions: 7
OMG Miles Jupp would wreak havoc! 🤣

Richard Ayoade would be interesting too if he ever went on...
If Richard Ayoade was on I'd love it if he behaved like either Moss from the IT crowd, or his character from the film Neighbourhood Watch 😂

Non-comedian-wise I think David Tennant would be very good!

Reactions: 6
If Richard Ayoade was on I'd love it if he behaved like either Moss from the IT crowd, or his character from the film Neighbourhood Watch 😂

Non-comedian-wise I think David Tennant would be very good!
Richard Ayoade was a guest on The Last Leg earlier this year with Lucy Beaumont and Angela Rayner. He sat there reading a book while everyone else did the talking, it was bizarre!
---
Other formats that they could do:
  • The Inbetweeners reunion special with Simon Bird, Joe Thomas (who's already been on), James Buckley, Blake Harrison, Emily Head, Emily Atack - pick 5
  • Flipped Taskmaster where Greg and Alex are the contestants with someone like Anne Robinson as the Taskmaster (not sure who the assistant would be though - Susie Dent? (Appreciate I've unintentionally listed a crossover with Countdown))
I hope someone from Taskmaster is reading this thread... so many ideas!! (Please contact us for royalty fee details if you are)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I would like David Mitchell please. Most of the others I’d have wanted have been on by now. But those couple of spoilers for next time are very exciting and I like the current line up too

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.