Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

letsmeltthatlard

VIP Member
Anyone else a fan?

I absolutely LOVE this show, love the format..especially like to see the most recent series and slowly watch the brainbox from the chase Paul Sinha lose his mind and most of his dignity 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

TripleC's

Chatty Member
For you maybe, but that’s the point of comedy, other people enjoy that style of comedy. Taskmaster has always had such a range of different style of comedians, that’s the whole point. There have been some over the years that I haven’t seen any humour in (but I’m sure others probably did) but they didn’t kill the series for me.

He’s also on ‘This is my house’ and in my opinion comes across well, although that show is also batshit! Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a Jamali fan necessarily, just don’t understand why people are so offended by him. I don’t see it being that different to Richard Ayoade still of deadpan comedy - you could call that rude/arrogant too.
Yeah I should have said in my opinion , comedy is always subjective, what makes one person laugh another person won't like it at all.

Except Mrs Brown's Boys , which really is the work of evil, and people who like it are devil worshippers 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I thought so! Especially after Greg said about her ex-partner. She looked like she was going to cry, bless her!
I loved that Greg very clearly snapped out of the 'Taskmaster' persona and back to just Greg to say something very sweet and genuine to Sarah about the singing and her ex.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

DrLoomis

Series 15 confirmed to be airing from Thursday 30th March at 9pm!

Taskmaster has also been renewed for six more series plus a new spin off "Junior Taskmaster"

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16

LByrne74

VIP Member
Taskmaster always makes me laugh out loud, even when I’m having a super bad day! It’s definitely becoming a comfort show.

I also had completely missed out a series?! Series 11!! So I’m watching that too! LOVE Mike Wozniak!
Although it was very much expected, I got the news that my mother passed away, on 27th Oct when Taskmaster aired. We watched that night as planned. Greg made me laugh out loud. My partner loved that even in the midst of my grief, that could happen. I felt v guilty afterwards for laughing out loud at that moment, but then my mam liked to laugh when she was well so I hope she didn't mind too much!

• Heart

November_again

VIP Member
Julian is the guest on the latest taskmaster podcast and you can tell how much he enjoys Sam and his creativity.
He said he didn't like this particular team task and that there's one coming up where Sam and Lucy really excel with their unconventional thinking.

Also said that he thought Sam was unfairly marked in the prize task and that Sue got too many points for hers. Mentioned that the nappy story was true and that she told it in excruciating and horrific detail in the studio which got edited out.

Both Ed and Julian were exasperated with everyone acting like Sue invented something unbelievable with her fish sausage when it was really just fish cake in sausage form. Julian said he was seething in the studio but didn't say anything because he didn't want to come across as an asshole.

I think those were the most relevant bits. He also confirmed that he hadn't really watched taskmaster until he was asked to take part but was given the advice by a friend to wait and think about the task before saying the "your time starts now" line. And all his prize tasks were objects from his house as he didn't know people would bring in really creative things they acquired somewhere else.

• Wow
  • Heart

Lostcat

Chatty Member
I thought I’d rewatch a series… chose season 9.. IVE NEVER SEEN IT!?

I must have completely missed it!! Had no idea. Obviously quite happy about this now, I’ve been binge watching all day!
I think everyone I knew fell in love with Rose Matafeo a little bit that season, and Katy Wix was quiet but adorably weird.

Plus, you had Team "Old People Can't Be Bothered By Such Unimportant Things As Timescales or Instructions" in the form of Jo Brand and David Baddiel, versus Ed "Hypercompetitive" Gamble, which made for some entertaining bits in the studio as Gamble raged impotently in the face of their complete disinterest.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

SJ08

I’d love a thread about UK comedians to discuss all this kind of gossip, they all seem such good friends so must be weird when they all date each other!

Reactions: 14

Lostcat

Chatty Member
Guess I am the only one who is happy she’s in it 😂
She was very amusing on Celeb Bakeoff a few months back, I shall watch with an open mind.

And it's worth remembering: some contestants I have never much liked or been indifferent to on other things, like Nish Kumar, Rylan and Adrian Chiles, have been gloriously , weirdly entertaining on Taskmaster. And other people I really looked forward to, like Mae Martin and Richard Herring, were rather damp squibs in my opinion. You never know how people will behave in Taskmaster, it's what makes it such a fun show, I think.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I love TM but find Alex a bit repulsive tbh.
It all stems back to the task with Liza Tarbuck and him putting his bare arse on a cake. When he said some of it had gone up his bumhole I got such an incredibly massive ick and it has never gone away.

• Haha
  • Sick

AngryBird

Loved it! What a great first episode. I like everyone on it so no gripes whatsoever. Sam is really fun, Susan is cool, Sue is Sue, love seeing Julian back on screen being a sarky old Queen, Lucy Is delightfully silly. Susan's glitter dungarees are the best outfit this season!

• Heart

KingPrawnOkay

Really enjoyed this week’s episode - was far more like the older series that seemed more genuine and where the contestants actually put effort in and came up with clever/funny solutions. The prize task was ace too - again, in the last few seasons it’s like they can’t be bothered to think up a good prize, but Desiree commissioning a painting etc. had old Taskmaster vibes. Thought Victoria buying Alan part of a ‘wrong’ season ticket and Greg’s reaction was hilarious too.

SJ08

I completely disagree with all this hating Jamali. It’s just a different style of comedy. He’s not rude or disrespectful, Alex is in on the joke, not sure how people can’t see that.
I agree it’s not the best series, but I still find myself laughing out loud at several points during the show!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Everything that's overly complicated and tedious with lots of rules to remember just annoys me.
Remember that weird one from a few years ago with suitcases - think it was the series with Lee Mack? I could not make head nor tell of that, it was ridiculously complicated!
---
Tasks which involve singing are usually annoying. I'd scrap them them first off.

But without the singing tasks we’d have never had Taskonbury and the legendary ‘Rosalind is a fucking nightmare’ 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

Lostcat

Chatty Member
There's a very, very sneaky reveal of one of the Series 17 cast members in the Guardian Cryptic Crossword today. It must be a setup for a Prize Task, as when the crossword is solved, a message in the columns reads "GREG PLEASE GIVE STEVE ALL FIVE POINTS"

The suspected person has a history of doing this sort of thing with crossword puzzles in their other work, and they are filming the studio sections today, so I can imagine the contestant hauling out the Guardian at a pivotal moment and casually handing the paper over to Greg with a devilish smile.

• Heart
  • Haha