Taskmaster

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The first 3 series of Taskmaster New Zealand are now available on all4 or whatever its called now!

I've struggled to find the first series since I watched it so that's my bank holiday plans!
Omg thank you for saying this! That’s my evening sorted 😀

Taskmaster Sweden is on 4OD now too! I've not seen it before, think I've seen clips of the Norweigan one which I enjoyed. Hopefully all the international ones are coming slowly.....and maybe the podcast will start covering them....

I’m loving series one of Taskmaster NZ. Guy Williams up that tree 🤣🤣🤣
I love series one, but series two is even better I think!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Taskmaster Sweden is on 4OD now too! I've not seen it before, think I've seen clips of the Norweigan one which I enjoyed. Hopefully all the international ones are coming slowly.....and maybe the podcast will start covering them....
If one of the cutest Swedish men I've ever loved (Fred) doesn't appear in the Swedish version somehow, then everything is wrong and I'm not going to allow myself to love it. 😆😆

• Haha
Reactions: 3
If one of the cutest Swedish men I've ever loved (Fred) doesn't appear in the Swedish version somehow, then everything is wrong and I'm not going to allow myself to love it. 😆😆
So far there has been a quite hunky Icelandic fireman 🤣 no sign of Fred yet but that doesn't mean he won't appear....

Reactions: 1
I'd suggest trying a different season of NZ perhaps rather than starting with the first one and then if you enjoy it go back. A lot of people on reddit have done that and been able to enjoy the first season more.

There's some references to previous contestants or tasks (eg music from a task) but I don't think it'd spoil it for you.

I like Paul as an assistant but you have to remembered no one else can be Greg.... Jeremy does get better further in though. A lot of banter is cut from the eps to fit in their extra ad break.

They are really inventive with some tasks, and some people are great with the prize/live tasks! UK show have adapted quite a few recently of the NZ tasks

I’ve watched two eps of S1 after seeing some really amusing clips on IG/TikTok (from S2 or later?). S1 is poop.

That said, when I watch S1 of Taskmaster my god is that a painful watch at times. As Alex has said- having stuff with the public just isn’t the vibe they’ve ended up with nor needed.

NZ is really good. The weak link early on was Jeremy, but he settles into a decent enough place as the series progress. I think it's just best to not expect him to be Greg. Paul as the Taskmaster's assistant is really one of the best out there next to Alex himself.

I'm curious what everyone here has thought of Taskmaster Australia. Tom's a decent Taskmaster, but I think I like Tom as the Assistant better.

Reactions: 5
NZ is really good. The weak link early on was Jeremy, but he settles into a decent enough place as the series progress. I think it's just best to not expect him to be Greg. Paul as the Taskmaster's assistant is really one of the best out there next to Alex himself.

I'm curious what everyone here has thought of Taskmaster Australia. Tom's a decent Taskmaster, but I think I like Tom as the Assistant better.
I really like Lesser Tom as assistant! TM Tom certainly brings a different vibe to the show but I enjoy it, not sure if it'd work without Lesser Tom though for the dynamic.

I will admit I enjoying the AU/NZ series more than I am enjoying the UK atm 😬 I'm not that hyped for series 15

First impressions:

Sam = a young Paul McCartney

Sue & Julian = a bit too zealous with the cosmetic filler.

Susan’s task trousers = AMAZING!!!

Loving it so far 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Not a Sue Perkins fan so it’ll be interesting to see how she comes across. Lucy will be a bit marmite.
Sam and Susan are new names to me so look forward to getting to know them.
I just adoreLittle Alex Horne!

Sam reminds me of a young Christopher Walken.
In that they both seem to be aliens pretending to be people, with only the very vaguest idea of normal human interactions? Oh, absolutely.

Though his shocked face as he realised that Lucy Beaumont could effortlessly and unwittingly out-weird him, just by being herself? Absolutely golden.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.