Taskmaster

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The only bad thing about Hullraisers is that they filmed it in Leeds.
Yeah, it pissed me off everytime there was a shot of Somewhere not in Hull. Which was so much of the time.
(Preface: I live in a small town just outside of Leeds) When I saw the “shopping centre in Beverley”, I instantly thought that looks familiar! Rewinded it multiple times and got my husband as well to confirm that it was indeed Trinity Leeds Shopping Centre.

Loved that. Any news about a new series?
Googled for some info, was some casting news in April time, so hopefully before the end of the year we might get second series, or maybe early next year. But there is definitely a second series coming

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Lucy Beaumont is my spirit animal. I'd already booked tickets to attend one of her gigs in a few weeks' time (and went to Jon Richardson's - her husband’s - gig last week) 😻

She's co-written a mockumentary Meet the Richardsons with Tim Key (Peter Kay's Car Share) which she also plays a leading role in. It's brilliant and one of the funniest TV shows I've come across.
Meet the Richardsons is bloody hilarious, I love it!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Lucy Beaumont is my spirit animal. I'd already booked tickets to attend one of her gigs in a few weeks' time (and went to Jon Richardson's - her husband’s - gig last week) 😻

She's co-written a mockumentary Meet the Richardsons with Tim Key (Peter Kay's Car Share) which she also plays a leading role in. It's brilliant and one of the funniest TV shows I've come across.
I think that’s Tim Reid (massive Tim Key fan here 🙌🏻)
I agree Meet the Richardsons is so good!

Reactions: 1
I think that’s Tim Reid (massive Tim Key fan here 🙌🏻)
I agree Meet the Richardsons is so good!
Oops, yes. Good spot! Tim Key is brilliant too. 🙂

I started re-watching S2 Taskmaster last night - to compare how Lucy and Jon both say “bastard” when something goes wrong haha

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
The first episode of series 16 was amazing! I properly guffawed a few times which terrified my young baby unfortunately 😂 if anyone hasn't seen the contestant interviews on youtube I recommend watching them as they're very funny and often delightfully awkward. I was pleasantly surprised by Lucy Beaumont as normally I don't find her funny at all, but in the interview she came across as a delightful overgrown toddler and I found it very endearing and funny!

Speaking of awkwardness - if people have tried/been tempted to try Taskmaster New Zealand then it's much more enjoyable if you acknowledge immediately that it's very different and the first series is far more subdued/awkward than the UK version. Jeremy is bland as anything (the only entertaining thing he does for the first couple of seasons is say "my golden hid" 😂), but Paul Williams as the assistant is perfect, and the series 1 cast grow on you (yes, even Guy Williams 🤣). If you're still not sure, watch a clip of the episode where the task was to wear an outfit under your outfit - I think I struggled to breathe at one point because I was laughing so much! Also, Lee Harte's obsession with leaf blowers throughout the series is very entertaining. I'm looking forward to watching season 4 once UK series 16 has finished!

The first episode of series 16 was amazing! I properly guffawed a few times which terrified my young baby unfortunately 😂 if anyone hasn't seen the contestant interviews on youtube I recommend watching them as they're very funny and often delightfully awkward. I was pleasantly surprised by Lucy Beaumont as normally I don't find her funny at all, but in the interview she came across as a delightful overgrown toddler and I found it very endearing and funny!

Speaking of awkwardness - if people have tried/been tempted to try Taskmaster New Zealand then it's much more enjoyable if you acknowledge immediately that it's very different and the first series is far more subdued/awkward than the UK version. Jeremy is bland as anything (the only entertaining thing he does for the first couple of seasons is say "my golden hid" 😂), but Paul Williams as the assistant is perfect, and the series 1 cast grow on you (yes, even Guy Williams 🤣). If you're still not sure, watch a clip of the episode where the task was to wear an outfit under your outfit - I think I struggled to breathe at one point because I was laughing so much! Also, Lee Harte's obsession with leaf blowers throughout the series is very entertaining. I'm looking forward to watching season 4 once UK series 16 has finished!
I want to duck Jeremy. Not even sorry

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I want to duck Jeremy. Not even sorry
Ha!! I can see he's an attractive guy but I've got weird little crushes on Paul Williams and Lee Harte to keep me busy - Jeremy is clearly too mainstream looking for me 😂 oh and Guy Montgomery, but I don't even consider that a weird crush, he's just awesome!

Ha!! I can see he's an attractive guy but I've got weird little crushes on Paul Williams and Lee Harte to keep me busy - Jeremy is clearly too mainstream looking for me 😂 oh and Guy Montgomery, but I don't even consider that a weird crush, he's just awesome!
Give me Jeremy from NZ, Greg from UK and Tom Cashman from Aus and I'd be a very happy girl

I can't stand her and it's obvious her stupidity is an act.
This is my thing. It’s just such an over the top act.
It’s weird. I mean I like Paul Chowdry’s Taskmaster act but that’s very unexpected comedy deadpan reactions. Lucy’s just coming across with weird statements and being very ‘central’ in her act.

Reactions: 4
This is my thing. It’s just such an over the top act.
It’s weird. I mean I like Paul Chowdry’s Taskmaster act but that’s very unexpected comedy deadpan reactions. Lucy’s just coming across with weird statements and being very ‘central’ in her act.
It lacks creativity to me. It's like she's trying to copy Paris Hilton's stupid bimbo persona

Reactions: 2
Eh, I mean, I don't know as much about Lucy Beaumont than others as I've only seen her on occasion on CatsDown, but I'm not going to draw too much of a conclusion on her based on one episode. They edit these things down quite a bit and how someone comes across is not entirely up to them. She made me laugh in episode one, especially with the reactions she was getting from Greg, but your mileage may vary.

Eh, I mean, I don't know as much about Lucy Beaumont than others as I've only seen her on occasion on CatsDown, but I'm not going to draw too much of a conclusion on her based on one episode. They edit these things down quite a bit and how someone comes across is not entirely up to them. She made me laugh in episode one, especially with the reactions she was getting from Greg, but your mileage may vary.
fair, my opinion is of her in general, not just from taskmaster

I love Lucy. Meet the Richardsons is a brilliant comedy, she's a clever writer and I guess curator of her persona. She seems more insecure on podcasts so maybe it's not all an act.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.