Taskmaster

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm more than willing to keep an open mind about the new cast until it is broadcast. Also I am excited about Julian Clary. I have always found him smart and funny, he should have great banter with Greg.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
She was very amusing on Celeb Bakeoff a few months back, I shall watch with an open mind.

And it's worth remembering: some contestants I have never much liked or been indifferent to on other things, like Nish Kumar, Rylan and Adrian Chiles, have been gloriously , weirdly entertaining on Taskmaster. And other people I really looked forward to, like Mae Martin and Richard Herring, were rather damp squibs in my opinion. You never know how people will behave in Taskmaster, it's what makes it such a fun show, I think.
This is a good point. I can’t abide Nish Kumar but he was good value on TM. Wasn’t keen on Bridget Christie beforehand, bloody loved her on this.

And I was really looking forward to Lee Mack as he seems to be quite a sharp thinker so I thought he’d be really suited to inventive approaches to the tasks, but he was disappointingly ‘pedestrian’ in his approach 🤷‍♀️
---
I'm more than willing to keep an open mind about the new cast until it is broadcast. Also I am excited about Julian Clary. I have always found him smart and funny, he should have great banter with Greg.

Bizarrely, I was recently trying to work out who of the 90s era comedy circuit might be next on this, and I got to thinking how much I would love Julian Clary to do the show - then saw the spoiler the next day 😆

I loved ‘Sticky Moments’, and I adore his scathing, dry wit. I hope the passage of time hasn’t mellowed him too much.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Mae Martin describing themselves as “intense and humourless” is exactly my thoughts on why I never clicked with this series. The others, yeah they did plenty to engage me but Mae was just functional.

Reactions: 10
I think Lucy will be good on the programme. She doesn't take herself too seriously which I think is a helpful trait in a Taskmaster contestant! Makes for more entertaining tv if people are willing to laugh at themselves or make a fool of themselves. Julian Clary and Sue Perkins will be great for the same reason! I don't know Sam Campbell or Susan Wokoma but looked up stand up from them both and I get the impression they'll have fun too.

That was my issue with Mae, they took themselves very seriously.

Reactions: 3
Mae Martin describing themselves as “intense and humourless” is exactly my thoughts on why I never clicked with this series. The others, yeah they did plenty to engage me but Mae was just functional.
Sums them
Up perfectly. Thought about the most efficient way to do the tasks and not really entertaining. As Ed Gamble said on his podcast you can tell they love the escape room type things. Similar to how I found Richard Herring. I will forever adore Ivo though.

Reactions: 1
I can’t stand Sue Perkins, a couple of girls at my daughters school many years ago were slagging off her mate Giles Coren on Twitter, admittedly this was while they were in lessons, and she actually rang the school up demanding to speak to the Head about the behaviour of children during school time.

She chose to completely ignore the fact her mate responded to these 15yr olds threatening to rape their fathers.

Horrid woman.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I can’t stand Sue Perkins, a couple of girls at my daughters school many years ago were slagging off her mate Giles Coren on Twitter, admittedly this was while they were in lessons, and she actually rang the school up demanding to speak to the Head about the behaviour of children during school time.

She chose to completely ignore the fact her mate responded to these 15yr olds threatening to rape their fathers.

Horrid woman.
Omg 😯
That is horrendous. Ghastly woman.
Whenever I'd heard her being interviewed she seems to take herself incredibly seriously. I always wonder why she is such good friends with Mel, who does seem a genuinely nice person.

Reactions: 6
I like Mae Martin even though their competitive streak makes the tasks less entertaining. That's the thing about Taskmaster, 'winning' the tasks is beside the point. Have never liked Sue Perkins. She doesn't come across as very warm.

My favourite series was definitely the one with Bob Mortimer, Aisling Bea etc...was that series 5? I also liked series 12 (I think that's the right number?). Guz Khan was very entertaining and it was funny how Victoria turned out to be so inept! She never seemed to understand the tasks lol. Appreciated Morgana's weirdness too.

• Heart
How can I watch Taskmaster NZ?
Given I’m now no longer instantly familiar with all the U.K. contestants I feel like not knowing the NZ cast wouldn’t annoy me anymore.

Plus … I’m all for the blindingly obvious being overlooked for comedy

I'm currently watching the new series of NZ on YouTube

I've found some series on DailyMotion but I'm struggling to find series 1 to watch again

Fully recommend NZ (and Aus!) I've really enjoyed them, the tasks and crew are great and I'm now big fans of some of the contestants!

Editing to add the one thing you need to get used to is the Taskmasters of NZ and AUS mannerisms etc, the assistants fit in pretty well but Greg is quite literally big shoes to fill!

Reactions: 2
I'm currently watching the new series of NZ on YouTube

I've found some series on DailyMotion but I'm struggling to find series 1 to watch again

Fully recommend NZ (and Aus!) I've really enjoyed them, the tasks and crew are great and I'm now big fans of some of the contestants!

Editing to add the one thing you need to get used to is the Taskmasters of NZ and AUS mannerisms etc, the assistants fit in pretty well but Greg is quite literally big shoes to fill!
Yeah both the Greg replacements are locally known as being stern but they're not quite Greg! (the NZ guy does the news, the Australian guy is a comedian who hosts a quiz tv show where he sort of teases the Contestants called Hard Quiz)

I love the property where they film both series (in NZ) - it's a lovely setting.

I've found the most recent TM NZ on Dailymotion too @runningbutnotinfluencing, have a look there!

I read an interview with Rose Matafeo over the weekend, and she said she is going to present a children's version of Taskmaster.

Reactions: 4
How can I watch Taskmaster NZ?
Given I’m now no longer instantly familiar with all the U.K. contestants I feel like not knowing the NZ cast wouldn’t annoy me anymore.

Plus … I’m all for the blindingly obvious being overlooked for comedy
I lovvvvvve NZ TM. As well as everywhere else, you can find googledrive/other downloadable links on reddit. I find the YouTube links get taken down regularly.

E4 Extra are starting Taskmaster NZ from series 1 on Monday at 11.05pm if you want to see it by reliable means (sometimes the YouTube ones get removed).

think I’m enjoying series 4 but it’s not my fave. Love Ray and Dai, maybe as I know them better from Have You Been Paying Attention NZ (is that ever coming back btw?) but a bit meh about the others.

• Heart
The first 3 series of Taskmaster New Zealand are now available on all4 or whatever its called now!

I've struggled to find the first series since I watched it so that's my bank holiday plans!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Anyone going to studio filming in September? Can’t wait to know who’s in that series!! A comedian i like has moved a show I had tickets for in sept so now I’m wondering if it’s them but feels unlikely 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 2
E4 Extra are starting Taskmaster NZ from series 1 on Monday at 11.05pm if you want to see it by reliable means (sometimes the YouTube ones get removed).

think I’m enjoying series 4 but it’s not my fave. Love Ray and Dai, maybe as I know them better from Have You Been Paying Attention NZ (is that ever coming back btw?) but a bit meh about the others.
Such great news! Although I have already been downloading s4 episodes via Reddit but it's so much easier to get people onto the series if they can find it somewhere mainstream. For me s1 and especially s2 were SO strong, it's hard for the following seasons to measure up. But I enjoy any and all TM content wherever it sits on the spectrum of good to great.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.