Taskmaster

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn’t know that about Mae so interesting she made an Eton dig at Ivo in the latest episode.

Felt really sorry for Ivo when it looked like he’d won the paper task and then actually they showed he broke a rule and disqualified. Think I have a bit of an Ivo crush 😅
I have a huge Ivo crush that I never expected to get when the series started. He's just so utterly lovely and delightful and terrible at the tasks. He's just precious though.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Series 4 NZ lineup announced- I only know 3 of the contestants this year (I’m not from New Zealand) but looking forward to how Ray O’Leary tackles the tasks!

Reactions: 1
This season was a right let down for me and the next one doesn’t fill me with much joy either

Reactions: 2
I'd read the spoilers for s16 and hoped they weren't true....

I don't think I'll be watching the next season live 🤷‍♀️

Thought this series was a bit hit and miss. I wanted more crazy from Frankie. Didnt like Jenny eclair and still don’t. Kiel I thought had some great moments but he also came across as genuinely angry at times and they definitely hid his worst tantrums. Mae was boring and just seemed like a people pleaser and always looked worried. Ivo I’d seen on other things and wasn’t keen but I really warmed to him at the end and love the dynamic between him and Frankie.
Over all a mediocre series

Reactions: 7
I agree, not my favourite series unfortunately. I just didn’t overly warm to the contestants 😟

I liked Frankie more than I thought I would, but still not very memorable.

Reactions: 3
Was looking forward to Frankie and Ivo, they didn't disappoint me either!
Really wasn't looking forward to Jenny Éclair but she was quite tame compared to what I thought... but I didn't think she was a standout.

Didn't know Mae (who I keep calling Mae Mavis for some reason 🤣) or Kiell before the show, Kelly became a favourite of mine with the whole 'I've got no shoes on!' Saga 🤣

I found 11 - 14 to be a really good run with a good cast (Sarah Kendall would have been quite boring in another cast imo) so I guess it had to let me down at some point after 4 great seasons

Reactions: 2
Since it’s moved to Ch4 t’s not been as good imo.
I love rewatching on Dave

Reactions: 4
The podcast has an interview with the winner where they go through next year's contestants at the end. It's pretty obvious Lucy is the main one they're meh about.

• Wow
Since it’s moved to Ch4 t’s not been as good imo.
I love rewatching on Dave
I totally agree with you, I'd far rather watch the re-runs on Dave than any of the Ch4 series.

The podcast has an interview with the winner where they go through next year's contestants at the end. It's pretty obvious Lucy is the main one they're meh about.
Lucy Beaumont really irritates me - I just don't find her funny

Lucy Beaumont really irritates me - I just don't find her funny
Me either. I find Jon Richardson really funny but on Meet The Richardsons him and Lucy are the opposite of funny and I had to turn it off. It really put me off the pair of them. Hopefully she’s better on Taskmaster.

Reactions: 4
Guess I am the only one who is happy she’s in it 😂
She was very amusing on Celeb Bakeoff a few months back, I shall watch with an open mind.

And it's worth remembering: some contestants I have never much liked or been indifferent to on other things, like Nish Kumar, Rylan and Adrian Chiles, have been gloriously , weirdly entertaining on Taskmaster. And other people I really looked forward to, like Mae Martin and Richard Herring, were rather damp squibs in my opinion. You never know how people will behave in Taskmaster, it's what makes it such a fun show, I think.

Reactions: 14
Me either. I find Jon Richardson really funny but on Meet The Richardsons him and Lucy are the opposite of funny and I had to turn it off. It really put me off the pair of them. Hopefully she’s better on Taskmaster.
I'm strangely addicted to Meet The Richardsons, and I don't know why, as both Jon and Lucy annoy me on it - I do find Jon's stand up funny tho. I even record the programme if I'm too tired to watch it when it's on

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.