Taskmaster

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mind blown! Maybe everyone else knew this but just came across it on Twitter. Spot the Taskmaster contestant! Uncle married to Princess Margaret’s daughter. Think that’s rightView attachment 2175955
It's weird, isn't it, and the answer is: Mae Martin - Martin is her mum's maiden name, I believe, and her name is actually Mae Chatto, niece of the groom, far left, front row

• Wow
Reactions: 4
You can definitely tell it’s them in that photo.
looking forward to junior TM. Would have been nice with Greg and Alex though.

Reactions: 2
Husband hates TM (think it’s just him being awkward) so I have taken the opportunity of him being away to re-watch the whole of series 5. Complete joy from start to finish, Mark stealing Greg’s trousers, Aisling’s feminism, Sally getting it on with the water cooler, Nish’s ineptness and Bob just being Bob.

Surely the best series?

Glad it’s not Greg being Junior TM, he couldn’t reign in his abuse sufficiently, even if I’m all for my kids being told they are crap, not sure it’s for everyone!

• Heart
Husband hates TM (think it’s just him being awkward) so I have taken the opportunity of him being away to re-watch the whole of series 5. Complete joy from start to finish, Mark stealing Greg’s trousers, Aisling’s feminism, Sally getting it on with the water cooler, Nish’s ineptness and Bob just being Bob.

Surely the best series?
For me series 5 is by far the best. Bob and Sally were superb, everyone else was great too (and I cannot abide Nish Kumar so TM pulled off quite a feat in making me able to watch him).

‘Rosalind is a bleeping nightmare’
‘Bubbly duck
Sally Phillips getting a balloon of piss lobbed at her from a great height.
Bob’s sausage delivery machine.

Just excellent all round! 🤩

• Heart

Surely the best series?

Glad it’s not Greg being Junior TM, he couldn’t reign in his abuse sufficiently, even if I’m all for my kids being told they are crap, not sure it’s for everyone!
S5 is my most favourite series ever. Loved it! Greg clearly had the hots for Sally through that, I don't blame him!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Greg clearly had the hots for Sally through that, I don't blame him!
Me too - and I’m a married, heterosexual, middle-aged woman!

Just thinking about last night’s episode and Mae’s comment about disliking the team tasks. The ‘anti-team’ comment wasn’t especially funny, or ‘banter-esque’ the way people dissing other contestants sometimes can be, and it seemed a bit at odds with the general tone of the show. I found it rather uncomfortable.

I’m wondering if it was included because the crew thought was it would come across as funny, but it just landed wrong, or if there’s more to it. It could easily have been edited out (we know from people who’ve been in the audience that loads of funny stuff gets edited out of every episode).

So, interesting decision on the part of the production team to intentionally include that comment, possibly at the expense of funnier lines from the tasks/studio. Perhaps Mae wasn’t the easiest contestant to work with … 🤔

I fancy the pants off Mae (again - heterosexual woman!) but they definitely seem like they could be hard work 😬

Just thinking about last night’s episode and Mae’s comment about disliking the team tasks. The ‘anti-team’ comment wasn’t especially funny, or ‘banter-esque’ the way people dissing other contestants sometimes can be, and it seemed a bit at odds with the general tone of the show. I found it rather uncomfortable.

I’m wondering if it was included because the crew thought was it would come across as funny, but it just landed wrong, or if there’s more to it. It could easily have been edited out (we know from people who’ve been in the audience that loads of funny stuff gets edited out of every episode).

So, interesting decision on the part of the production team to intentionally include that comment, possibly at the expense of funnier lines from the tasks/studio. Perhaps Mae wasn’t the easiest contestant to work with … 🤔
I think it was because Mae immediately needed Alex's help straight after saying it.

Reactions: 6

I wonder if by that point they had already filmed the team task we saw the previous week where Kiell did absolutely nothing and they said it edited out how awful he was, Mae could have been pretty annoyed after that!

Reactions: 1
I knew Mae was related to the Royals but that photo really shows how close. I'm guessing that level of privilege but also huge pressure to conform is part of their perfectionism and also drug use in the past.

I didn’t know that about Mae so interesting she made an Eton dig at Ivo in the latest episode.

Felt really sorry for Ivo when it looked like he’d won the paper task and then actually they showed he broke a rule and disqualified. Think I have a bit of an Ivo crush 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Felt really sorry for Ivo when it looked like he’d won the paper task and then actually they showed he broke a rule and disqualified. Think I have a bit of an Ivo crush 😅
The bit that got me was when Frankie watched Ivo disqualifying himself and said "You just couldn't shut the duck up could you?" in tones of deepest, most stern-fatherly disapproval. It was amazing. Frankie settling into a middle-aged, cranky-dad persona is so unexpected, yet so satisfying, it's weird.

And Kiell's sneaky prize task was undoubtedly in the Top Three attempts ever, it was amazing.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I have to say, I’m so enjoying all of this season’s contestants. I didn’t think I’d warm to Frankie but he just makes me cry laughing - particularly when I think about him in the wedding dress in episode one 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.