Taskmaster #2 Are you a child of divorce?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Noooo please not Rosie Jones
It’s so difficult with Rosie Jones as the representation and diversity she brings is great - we definitely need more people with disabilities on screen. However, she’s pegged as a comedian and she’s just not funny. It’s got nothing to do with her disability, she just isn’t funny - not everyone is and that’s ok. She did a tv show a while ago called Trip Hazard where she travelled the UK with a different celeb pal each week and found out about somewhere new - I loved it! She was a decent presenter and bounced well off her celeb friend each week. But put her on panel shows etc and she just isn’t funny. I don’t think her being on TM will cause me to not watch the next series but the chaos that will undoubtedly ensue if anyone dares say she’s not funny will seriously put me off. Other comedians get criticised for not being funny all the time and no one bats an eyelid but the world goes into chaos when someone with a disability gets criticised for the same thing. It’s madness.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
It’s so difficult with Rosie Jones as the representation and diversity she brings is great - we definitely need more people with disabilities on screen. However, she’s pegged as a comedian and she’s just not funny. It’s got nothing to do with her disability, she just isn’t funny - not everyone is and that’s ok. She did a tv show a while ago called Trip Hazard where she travelled the UK with a different celeb pal each week and found out about somewhere new - I loved it! She was a decent presenter and bounced well off her celeb friend each week. But put her on panel shows etc and she just isn’t funny. I don’t think her being on TM will cause me to not watch the next series but the chaos that will undoubtedly ensue if anyone dares say she’s not funny will seriously put me off. Other comedians get criticised for not being funny all the time and no one bats an eyelid but the world goes into chaos when someone with a disability gets criticised for the same thing. It’s madness.
I hope Alex and Greg don't feel they have to be overly kind to her in the judging and tasks. And as you say there will no doubt be tedious spats on twitter for the run of it. She was on House of Games a while ago and actually wasn't bad tbh. But she is obviously bright and it didn't require fast paced banter

Reactions: 8
This is the leaked line-up, according to cookd & bombed:

Andy Zaltzman
Babatunde Aléshé
Emma Sidi
Jack Dee
Rosie Jones

I’ve only heard of two of them, and I cannot abide one of those, so given how dull this series has been when I like 3/5 of the contestants, I might not bother with the next one.🙁
I’m sure I heard recently (on a podcast?) that #4 had been asked many times and always said they wouldn’t. Would be brilliant though.

#5 is just not funny and really annoying. I agree with everything KatyKatyKaty said. I will possibly not watch if this is true.

Reactions: 6

Andy Zaltzman
Babatunde Aléshé
Emma Sidi
Jack Dee
Rosie Jones

I’ve only heard of two of them, and I cannot abide one of those, so given how dull this series has been when I like 3/5 of the contestants, I might not bother with the next one.🙁
Oh god not Rosie Jones, she is normally insufferable

Reactions: 4

Andy Zaltzman
Babatunde Aléshé
Emma Sidi
Jack Dee
Rosie Jones

If number 5 is on it then I won't be able to watch it

Reactions: 3
Getting away from potential spoilers and back on last week's episode, the fish task was possibly one of the most boring tasks they have ever done.

The only remotely funny bit about it was Nick smashing it, and that was less about the task and more about the surprise of lovely Nick not being rubbish.

Still got a few to go, but this is definitely down there as one of the worst series. Even worse than the Lou Sanders/Iain Sterling year and I really hated that one. At least that one had bonkers Joe Thomas.

Just no chemistry between anyone in this cast, no banter, no memorable tasks or stand out moments.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
If John wasn’t on it and it was some other bonkers person and they’d put Sophie and Nick together in a team I think it would have been a bit more funny. John just sucks the fun out of it. Joanne and Steve do make me laugh but not as regularly as Sophie and Nick. The tasks have just missed the spark at points like the fish task, what was the point? Surely there needed to be some wanky work round of a second part to it?

I did enjoy the baskets and portrait task this week though

Reactions: 3
I think it’s getting to the stage that the show needs a bit of a rest and I say that as someone who adores it. It all feels a bit tired and churned out. The tasks aren’t as engaging in general and some of the contestants really haven’t been a good bit. If the last name on that spoiler is right I really don’t think I can watch. John and Joanne have been bad enough.

Reactions: 11
I think it’s getting to the stage that the show needs a bit of a rest and I say that as someone who adores it. It all feels a bit tired and churned out. The tasks aren’t as engaging in general and some of the contestants really haven’t been a good bit. If the last name on that spoiler is right I really don’t think I can watch. John and Joanne have been bad enough.
I agree that it’s starting to feel like it’s being churned out. With two series plus the New Year special, it’s on for five months of the year. And that would be great if the quality was still up there, but sadly it’s not.

Reactions: 7
Getting away from potential spoilers and back on last week's episode, the fish task was possibly one of the most boring tasks they have ever done.

The only remotely funny bit about it was Nick smashing it, and that was less about the task and more about the surprise of lovely Nick not being rubbish.

Still got a few to go, but this is definitely down there as one of the worst series. Even worse than the Lou Sanders/Iain Sterling year and I really hated that one. At least that one had bonkers Joe Thomas.

Just no chemistry between anyone in this cast, no banter, no memorable tasks or stand out moments.
Totally agree with the Lou/Iain comment. Loved Joe Thomas though, and him and Sian as a team were so funny.

Reactions: 2
Totally agree with the Lou/Iain comment. Loved Joe Thomas though, and him and Sian as a team were so funny.
Joe was great. Perpetually bewildered.
One of my favourite series is still S7 with Rhod Gilbert and James Acaster. The whole cast seemed to have a lot of fun.

Reactions: 16
Joe was great. Perpetually bewildered.
One of my favourite series is still S7 with Rhod Gilbert and James Acaster. The whole cast seemed to have a lot of fun.
I fell in love with Joe Thomas on Taskmaster.

The hide from Alex thing at the train station is still one of my favourite ever TM tasks, and Joe was amazing at that.

And a of his proper real effort in tasks and the subsequent meltdown at others bullshitting 😆😆 and the cute apology after.
---

If John wasn’t on it and it was some other bonkers person and they’d put Sophie and Nick together in a team I think it would have been a bit more funny. John just sucks the fun out of it. Joanne and Steve do make me laugh but not as regularly as Sophie and Nick. The tasks have just missed the spark at points like the fish task, what was the point? Surely there needed to be some wanky work round of a second part to it?

I did enjoy the baskets and portrait task this week though
I don't dislike John Robbins, but this whole series for me is feeling like hard work.

I shouldn't be doom scrolling on my phone as much as I am when watching.

I've been feeling this for a while that it's too many series too quick, the tasks have gotten ridiculous on either too complicated to follow, rubbish, boring, or just utterly shite.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Absolutely everything about Joe Thomas’ attempt at the water/ball task makes me cry laughing.

Reactions: 8
Strangely while I haven't found this series to be particularly good I am really enjoying the outtakes on youtube. I think I just enjoy all the loose bits they edit out (including Greg lifting Nick out of the inflatable rings).

Reactions: 5
Spoilery bit first Emma Sidi is best mates with Rose Matafeo and is in her show and had a small part in ghosts, but I don’t know why, I just get bad vibes from her so I’m not thrilled by that. However Bridget Christie massively changed my view of her when she was on so maybe I’d be proved wrong!

Unspoilery bit- I’m looking forward to seeing Lloyd on TM Aus especially having been in the Edinburgh shows and also I think having a couple on the same series will be an interesting dynamic.

Reactions: 4
Spoilery bit first Emma Sidi is best mates with Rose Matafeo and is in her show and had a small part in ghosts, but I don’t know why, I just get bad vibes from her so I’m not thrilled by that. However Bridget Christie massively changed my view of her when she was on so maybe I’d be proved wrong!

Unspoilery bit- I’m looking forward to seeing Lloyd on TM Aus especially having been in the Edinburgh shows and also I think having a couple on the same series will be an interesting dynamic.
Isn’t it funny how you can just change your opinion on people like that! I really didn’t like Nick Mohammed before this series. I groaned when I heard he was going to be on. I’d only seen him on 8 out of 10 cats does countdown and I fast forwarded all his parts he was so unfunny and irritating and he’s my favourite! He’s hilarious!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m looking forward to seeing Lloyd on TM Aus especially having been in the Edinburgh shows and also I think having a couple on the same series will be an interesting dynamic.
Little Lloyd Langford?
Back in the old Rhod Gilbert Show on Radio Wales days, he was on quite a lot. Part of the same Rhod/Greg crowd.
I think he would’ve been a great shout for U.K. taskmaster if he was of a profile here but since moving to Aus he’s obviously just focussed there.

Reactions: 5