Taskmaster #2 Are you a child of divorce?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just watching on catch up and Joanne’s constant pouting in doing my head in!
I know, it was terrible last night - she sucks in her cheeks so hard 😂
I missed the reveal of the first fishing task - was it just that they had to say they'd found a fish? What was the point of the sign on their backs?
Glad Nick won - he seemed genuinely surprised and thrilled.

A future contestant who I think would be excellent (but unlikely to do it) would be Celeste Barber - has she done an Australian or NZ version?

Reactions: 2
I know, it was terrible last night - she sucks in her cheeks so hard 😂
I missed the reveal of the first fishing task - was it just that they had to say they'd found a fish? What was the point of the sign on their backs?
Glad Nick won - he seemed genuinely surprised and thrilled.

A future contestant who I think would be excellent (but unlikely to do it) would be Celeste Barber - has she done an Australian or NZ version?
She hasn't done the NZ or Australian ones. I dislike her so would not be keen 😅 But I do think she's get involved/have fun at least.

Reactions: 2
One thing I'm so pleased about with TM, they never went down recruiting celebrity Youtubers route. It could have been so easy.

Reactions: 9
I think the point of the ‘fish’ task was (a) to bore everyone half to death, and (b) to set up the lame visual gag at the end.

It was bloody tedious 💤🥱😴
---
One thing I'm so pleased about with TM, they never went down recruiting celebrity Youtubers route. It could have been so easy.
Ssssshhhhhhh!!!! Don’t give them any ideas!!! 🤫🤫🤫

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
What was the thing greg was insinuating about marriage?
A throwaway line in the intro, I honestly wouldn't read anything into it as it was filmed ages ago. Will be about as truthful as all the bits he says about Alex in the intos too.

I still haven’t got round to watching the most recent episode. I know I should but … I just can’t be bothered to even watch it and doom scroll at the same time.

John’s making it a less enjoyable watch this series, although Nick and Sophie are helping to bring it up a bit!
---
I really love Nick, he’s a little treasure!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It's a shame to have two contestants that are unlikeable in one series. Even series that have had someone I haven't been keen on, they've still made me laugh and showed camaraderie. John seems to have forgotten to be funny or likeable, and Joanne is neither IMO, whereas Sophie and Nick make me howl with laughter. I'm already wondering who is on the next series and hoping it doesn't have two duds.

Reactions: 6
I'm already wondering who is on the next series and hoping it doesn't have two duds.

This is the leaked line-up, according to cookd & bombed:

Andy Zaltzman
Babatunde Aléshé
Emma Sidi
Jack Dee
Rosie Jones

I’ve only heard of two of them, and I cannot abide one of those, so given how dull this series has been when I like 3/5 of the contestants, I might not bother with the next one.🙁

Andy Zaltzman
Babatunde Aléshé
Emma Sidi
Jack Dee
Rosie Jones

I’ve only heard of two of them, and I cannot abide one of those, so given how dull this series has been when I like 3/5 of the contestants, I might not bother with the next one.🙁
I saw rumours that
Tom Davies
might be in it, as their tour date gaps match studio filming dates, I think they'd be good.

How can
Rosie Jones do a lot of the tasks though? I say this as someone who is deaf and knows that my disability stops me from doing some things that most people can do
?

Reactions: 7

Andy Zaltzman
Babatunde Aléshé
Emma Sidi
Jack Dee
Rosie Jones

I've only not heard of the middle person. Would love the 4th one to be true but the excitement about that is almost cancelled out by the bottom one. I wondered when they would turn up.

Reactions: 9
I've only not heard of the middle person. Would love the 4th one to be true but the excitement about that is almost cancelled out by the bottom one. I wondered when they would turn up.
Once I looked them up it turns out I do know who the third one is, just didn’t know their name.

But I feel exactly the same as you as far as 4 and 5 are concerned 😐
---
I saw rumours that
Tom Davies
might be in it, as their tour date gaps match studio filming dates, I think they'd be good.
I agree - I’ve been hoping for them for a while 🤞
How can
Rosie Jones do a lot of the tasks though? I say this as someone who is deaf and knows that my disability stops me from doing some things that most people can do
?
it seems like they’ve been struggling to come up with decent tasks for a while now, so I hope that this would force them to be more inventive, but it’s a slim hope. Hopefully the spoiler-provider will offer up a few more details of how they’ve approached this. A lot of the tasks in the past have been fairly physically demanding, especially the final tasks in the studio. Paul Sinha certainly struggled with a fair few of them, so who knows what they’ll do to make it a relatively level playing field 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
If this person is on the next series I won't be watching
I know. There will be no rapid banter of any sort, and 100% she'll constantly be getting into twitter spats at the same time. Gutted JD might be on during the same series. One of my all time top wishlist contestants but I don't think even he could rescue it.

• Heart
Reactions: 11