Taskmaster #2 Are you a child of divorce?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Same. The tasks are getting a bit repetitive and don’t seem to have the same scope for inventiveness as in the past, the ‘banter’ between Greg & Alex feels too scripted/forced, and the contestants don’t seem to have as much fun as they used to.

I haven’t watched last night’s episode yet, and I’m not sure if I’ll bother 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 7
I’m not keen on the line up for the next series so I think it has helped me make my mind up to sit this one out.

Reactions: 3
Also did they not do the task this season where they are given a budget to buy a present for the Taskmaster? Josh Widdecombe getting Greg tattooed on his leg is my favourite yet!

Haven’t watched last nights episode yet but this series has been a bit boring.

Just seen the line up for the new series now, what a way to ruin your Friday. Cannot stand Rosie Jones so won’t be watching.

I won’t give up on it but this is one of those series where I’ve found myself only half watching.
It really does rely so heavily on the line up; this has to rank as one of the “flat”runs; not much banter between the team, a few of them not putting much effort into the tasks.
I like Steve Pemberton, and Nick Mohammed seems sweet, but there have been really few laugh out loud moments.
I watched the snowman episode again the other day, where Paul Choudry made the ice rabbit 😂 - and it just highlights what a difference it makes when they get a group of people who get the spirit of the show right.

ETA - have just looked at the next line up 🫤

Reactions: 13
I’m not keen on the line up for the next series so I think it has helped me make my mind up to sit this one out.
I actually went and watched the first ep being filmed a few weeks ago and wasn't massively impressed when they called her name out but actually she was really fun and sweet. The rest of the cast were great too. All added something very different!

Reactions: 4
I won’t give up on it but this is one of those series where I’ve found myself only half watching.
It really does rely so heavily on the line up; this has to rank as one of the “flat”runs; not much banter between the team, a few of them not putting much effort into the tasks.
I like Steve Pemberton, and Nick Mohammed seems sweet, but there have been really few laugh out loud moments.
I watched the snowman episode again the other day, where Paul Choudry made the ice rabbit 😂 - and it just highlights what a difference it makes when they get a group of people who get the spirit of the show right.

ETA - have just looked at the next line up 🫤
The bastards crying innit!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m not a RJ fan and have thought the recent series quite a bit more miss than hit - but I’ll still give the next one a go.
I don’t understand people saying they won’t watch it just because of someone on the lineup.
There are still four others competing and undertaking tasks…

Reactions: 9
My one hope for Rosie is she’s just rude to Alex and makes him do all the stuff for her, I really enjoyed when Julian just showed distain for Alex, it really made me laugh

Reactions: 2
I listened to John's podcast with Elis James.

I don't know any of these people nor have I listened to the pod before.
Elis really ripped the piss out of John for taking it so seriously. This pod didn't endear me to John at all. He was going on about how annoyed he was over the chopping board falling.
Sophie was on the pod too. She said there was a few times John had chats with the producers over tasks. I'd say he was just a general pain in the hole to be around.
Also would make me wonder if Joanne would of been different had she not been beside him.

I had never heard of Sophie before but really liked her and will look out for her.
The whole flashing her knickers thing was so strange though?? She purposely pulled up a long dress.... it wasn't an accident.
She talked about it on the pod and they laughed about it but she said .... "I can't believe they left it in" surely they would need her permission for that??

Reactions: 9

Elis really ripped the piss out of John for taking it so seriously. This pod didn't endear me to John at all. He was going on about how annoyed he was over the chopping board falling.
Sophie was on the pod too. She said there was a few times John had chats with the producers over tasks. I'd say he was just a general pain in the hole to be around.
Also would make me wonder if Joanne would of been different had she not been beside him.

I had never heard of Sophie before but really liked her and will look out for her.
The whole flashing her knickers thing was so strange though?? She purposely pulled up a long dress.... it wasn't an accident.
She talked about it on the pod and they laughed about it but she said .... "I can't believe they left it in" surely they would need her permission for that??
I can’t bring myself to listen to his podcast. I found him very unlikable, a less extreme Iain Stirling.

Reactions: 8

As a fan of their podcast, John played Taskmaster exactly as I would have expected him to. He is hyper competitive, very heavy on preparing for things and has often had times where his bad showmanship makes him look very childish and petty.

I thought he came across fine on the show, but he was clearly in it to win it and had studied the show in depth before his tasks. Which ultimately made him a little too boring and smug.

Reactions: 10
I can’t bring myself to listen to his podcast. I found him very unlikable, a less extreme Iain Stirling.
I've listened to a few of the Elis and John podcasts and John talks about himself non stop. I don't dislike him but just find him quite boring and self obsessed. I'm amazed he classes himself as a comedian tbh. He's just a bloke who finds himself fascinating.

Reactions: 6
I can imagine the convos he used to have with sara pascoe as she is equally annoying.

• Haha
Is he her ex? I really couldn’t take to him on TM, but I’m with you - not keen on Sara either.
Yes, and they both wrote shows about their break-up. 🙄

Separately, I find them both insufferable. If I was unfortunate enough to encounter them as a couple, I’d likely commit a crime.

• Haha
Reactions: 10