Taskmaster #2 Are you a child of divorce?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's a programme called 'Taskmasterclass' on Channel 4 at 9pm tonight

Reactions: 4
There's a programme called 'Taskmasterclass' on Channel 4 at 9pm tonight
Just watched it. Think it highlighted what we’ve all been saying. The tasks and contestants have n past series were much more entertaining. Snow bear got a mention. Bastards still crying innit.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I wish we had more of Paul Choudury on TV, I think he’s hilarious. He was great as a guest on the off menu podcast too 😂
I enjoyed the Taskmasterclass more than the whole of the last series!

Reactions: 9
5, 7 & 3 were all great for me.
From 10-12, they’re the ones that really lose an edge because of Covid restrictions. It just doesn’t play out as well.

Series 5 I really like because the group dynamic is brilliant. Nish just spends the series seeming to group himself with Mark in “losers corner” and yet Mark finishes joint 2nd and could’ve easily won it if it weren’t for Greg & Alex’s personal relationship with him penalising him (for being a heron, really).
---
I wish we had more of Paul Choudury on TV, I think he’s hilarious. He was great as a guest on the off menu podcast too 😂
His “pudcast” is quite good - more so when it’s an episode with a guest you know/like. Loads of Taskmaster alumni in the back catalogue.
The Acaster / Gamble ones are good. Greg and him just have their similar Taskmaster patter and unless you knew (from Off Menu etc), you’d never imagine those two as friends who’d go out for a meal.

Reactions: 3
“Bat of cheese” 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Controversial but I love Joanne - the MTGM podcast with vogue was recommended to me (I never liked vogue) and they are hilarious. Completely changed my mind about vogue. I think if you don’t know Joanne already then she probably doesn’t seem as funny whereas when you are 2 years into regularly listening to her, she is hilarious. The face is just lip filler + amount of Botox & Morpheus she’s had. Sophie grew on me - felt like her casting was Greg doing a mate a favour at the beginning. John is best mates with Alex so that explains that casting.

The disappointment that RJ is going to be in the next series has completely cancelled out the excitement of Jack Dee being on it. I really hope that we’ll see a different side to her and she’s actually entertaining, however currently I just find her completely unfunny with a thin skin and nasty streak, which is a bad combination for a comedian on social media.

Reactions: 15
I don’t enjoy her comedy (goes for the shock factor with crude jokes and swearing) and I feel she turns everything into the Rosie show. I’m hoping she’ll prove me wrong and we’ll see a different side of her, because I adore Jack Dee so really want to watch.

Reactions: 2
I reckon people will like her more than they think. Most people I know who’ve seen her live changed their minds from seeing her on panel shows to seeing her live

Controversial but I love Joanne - the MTGM podcast with vogue was recommended to me (I never liked vogue) and they are hilarious. Completely changed my mind about vogue. I think if you don’t know Joanne already then she probably doesn’t seem as funny whereas when you are 2 years into regularly listening to her, she is hilarious. The face is just lip filler + amount of Botox & Morpheus she’s had. Sophie grew on me - felt like her casting was Greg doing a mate a favour at the beginning. John is best mates with Alex so that explains that casting.

The disappointment that RJ is going to be in the next series has completely cancelled out the excitement of Jack Dee being on it. I really hope that we’ll see a different side to her and she’s actually entertaining, however currently I just find her completely unfunny with a thin skin and nasty streak, which is a bad combination for a comedian on social media.
I'm with you, and Joanne is the reason I watched Taskmaster in the first place.
I'm a big fan ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My issue with Rosie isn't that I don't find her funny, I frequently do, but I'm really bleeping impatient and it takes her too long to get the punchline out. Simple as that, and I'm aware that she can't help it, and that it makes me a bit of a bleep, but I do question if quick fire comedy is the best use of her talents.

As a side note, my daughter absolutely loves her Edie Eckhart books.

Reactions: 5
My issue with Rosie isn't that I don't find her funny, I frequently do, but I'm really bleeping impatient and it takes her too long to get the punchline out. Simple as that, and I'm aware that she can't help it, and that it makes me a bit of a bleep, but I do question if quick fire comedy is the best use of her talents.

As a side note, my daughter absolutely loves her Edie Eckhart books.
No, I'm with you.

I want to sit down, relax and watch something on tv that will give me a laugh a minute. What I don't want is to struggle to understand someone, strain to hear them and wait and wait and wait for the punchline.

If that makes me a horrible person so be it.

( same kind of thing with love Island at the moment. Two Welsh people and one girl from Liverpool with really strong accents. Im struggling to understand them and I can't be arsed trying to figure out what they are saying 😅)

• Haha
Reactions: 9