Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

nemidiso

Oh thank God! Theres so many men in there 20s dating teenagers I'd hate for one in the spotlight to do it and it becomes normalised 😬
and Stefanie Giesinger (Marcus' girlfriend) is 22. I think they started dating when she was 19

bbk2me

Not sure how it is in the UK, but in the States, we have a thing called common law marriage where even if you're not legally married, you're still considered a "married" couple with rights if you've lived with your partner over a certain period of time. Jim and Tanya lived together for nearly 10 years before getting a marriage license, so they'd 100% fall under a common-law marriage. But even if that's not a thing in the UK, I'm sure they own the house jointly. Just last September Jim was talking about paying the mortgage, so...

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
UK law info: "If a house owned by one person prior to the marriage is lived in as your marital home, it will be treated as a matrimonial asset, although that does not necessarily mean it would be divided equally. If a house owned prior to the marriage by one person is not the marital home, it may be considered non-matrimonial property and treated different."

So yep, as they lived in this house, even if Tanya bought it alone before marriage it would be considered part of divorce proceedings - but not other houses (do they own other rental places like Alfie/Zoella?). That is just usual circumstances: they can have other agreements (Jim might get 2 smaller houses and Tanya keeps the main one, for example) but that would all come down to the negotiations/proceedings.
I think they still have the house in Norwich? Doesn't a member of their family live there? Not sure tbh.