Tanya Burr #11 All mattress, no actress

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As for the money, I think it will be a long time before it really dries up. But also, had she been working behind a makeup counter for 10 years, making Ā£30,000 a year, she would have had much less now than what she currently should have, even if she is no longer in her prime.

She can always go back to being a makeup artist in some capacity, and the money sheā€™s made before allowed her to get on the property market and experience things she would have never been able to do otherwise. So even though her career is depending on things she cannot control entirely, sheā€™s still ahead of many of us in regular jobs. Especially for Tanya, who would not have been likely to become a lawyer or a surgeon.

But the acting is just stupid. This is not me being mean, but she cannot act. Just not at all. There is no other way to say it. And she is not seeing that those who say she has a shot are probably trying to make money off her. I pity the acting coach sheā€™s probably paying to try and teach her how to act. It is a lost cause.

Reactions: 18
Just my views of her old vlogmas videos alone wouldā€™ve made her a pretty penny today šŸ¤£ Tanya, please unprivate those, Jesus Christ

• Haha
Reactions: 29
As for the money, I think it will be a long time before it really dries up. But also, had she been working behind a makeup counter for 10 years, making Ā£30,000 a year, she would have had much less now than what she currently should have, even if she is no longer in her prime.

She can always go back to being a makeup artist in some capacity, and the money sheā€™s made before allowed her to get on the property market and experience things she would have never been able to do otherwise. So even though her career is depending on things she cannot control entirely, sheā€™s still ahead of many of us in regular jobs. Especially for Tanya, who would not have been likely to become a lawyer or a surgeon.

But the acting is just stupid. This is not me being mean, but she cannot act. Just not at all. There is no other way to say it. And she is not seeing that those who say she has a shot are probably trying to make money off her. I pity the acting coach sheā€™s probably paying to try and teach her how to act. It is a lost cause.
I 100% agree, she definitely made more than her "professional" capabilities. If she went to uni and got a regular job, I don't believe she'll be this successful money wise until age 30.
I think instead of depending on acting coach, she should try to go to drama school to be taken seriously. If she can pass the entrance exam, she can shut everyone up with her talent. Otherwise, at least she can hear the truth that she can't act from the "real" professionals. There is no point spending time, energy and money on something you are not good at.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I 100% agree, she definitely made more than her "professional" capabilities. If she went to uni and got a regular job, I don't believe she'll be this successful money wise until age 30.
I think instead of depending on acting coach, she should try to go to drama school to be taken seriously. If she can pass the entrance exam, she can shut everyone up with her talent. Otherwise, at least she can hear the truth that she can't act from the "real" professionals. There is no point spending time, energy and money on something you are not good at.
the problem is she would never make it into acting school, imo acting is something you can improve, of course, but you do need a bit of natural ability

Reactions: 10
the problem is she would never make it into acting school, imo acting is something you can improve, of course, but you do need a bit of natural ability
Agreed. As someone who has two friends who got into acting school, one into LAMDA and one into East 15, I can assure you there's no way Tanya would ever-ever-ever get in. The amount of work my friends had to put in was incredible. They had to prepare monologues, pass improv exercises, etc. Can you even imagine Tanya trying to do a Shakespearean monologue? Trying to play off someone else's improv cues? Really, she needs to pack it in, find a good financial adviser, sell the house, invest the money, live within her means.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I donā€™t think Tanya is even aiming for high quality acting. Iā€™m sure sheā€™d be quite happy with a role in some kind of Hallmark movie. Those movies are often also full of people who canā€™t act.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I donā€™t think Tanya is even aiming for high quality acting. Iā€™m sure sheā€™d be quite happy with a role in some kind of Hallmark movie. Those movies are often also full of people who canā€™t act.
I love those crappy movies, and tbh even by the standards there Tanya's acting is bad, a lot of those actors just tend ot be really ott, Tanya just comes across as wooden.
Exactly @QueenBW there is a reason she did that paid for short course at RADA or whatever it was, she would absolutely never get in to a proper one

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Yeah, but they often seem charming/charismatic/sweet. Tanya is none of those things these days. And even those actors have at least the ability to seem human. I've never seen Tanya Burr give a performance in which she looked like anything but an alien recently plopped on planet Earth.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
In all seriousness, I think Jim cheated on Tan..

She put out a vlogmas? Where on camera you can see him reaching for her friends butt-

Since she has revamped the youtube, its gone.. but she should get back into youtube..

Reactions: 1
In all seriousness, I think Jim cheated on Tan..

She put out a vlogmas? Where on camera you can see him reaching for her friends butt-

Since she has revamped the youtube, its gone.. but she should get back into youtube..
Iā€™ve mentioned this before but I listened to a podcast interview Jim did not too long ago, literally a couple of weeks ago or so and he alluded to the fact maybe Tanya hadnā€™t been the faithful one. Obviously canā€™t be 100% sure but I donā€™t know, I see that being true šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 11
I would bet money that she had at least an emotional affair with Rhys

Reactions: 31
I'm with you. She was pathetically obvious in her crush at the very least.
I wonder if that was the cause for the breakup or the relationship was already kind of over by then and she had sort of checked out

Reactions: 5
I wonder if that was the cause for the breakup or the relationship was already kind of over by then and she had sort of checked out
It seems like we'll never know. I mean, crushes are normal even when you're in a committed relationship, specially if you've been together as long as Tanya and Jim had. But the way she went about it... it was super cringe and pathetic and obvious. So maybe they had been having problems already and she was in burn it all down mode? But then... after the play was over and Rhys receded a bit into the background, Tanya and Jim seemed to be trying to make things work... but theeeen they went on holiday with Rhys?! WTF was that. Honestly, I would love to know the truth too, cause my imagination is far wilder than anything these bozos could come up with.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Tanya was aiming for Hollywood. She would repeatedly talk about herself as if she was in the same vicinity as people like Keira Knightley and Sienna Miller, saying in interviews that she would love to play xyz characters like them, etc.

Around the time of her announcement of her acting debut in Confidence, when she was still all starry-eyed and at her most delusional, she was Liking comments on Twitter from fans saying she'd be at the Oscars in a few years.

So sure, she would be "happy" to get a role in a Hallmark movie but only because it's all she can get.... and, in her usual fashion she would be going on about it posting mirror selfies from her trailer and on set like she's some starlet and it's some big, important production only for it to be revealed that she has two lines playing a background hotel clerk.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
For anyone that doesnā€™t want to go back and listen to the whole interview

ā€œJim: I moved on first, as far as the world was concerned. It is really hard to say this without sort of making accusations but as far as the world knows I moved on first. But not necessarily.. I should stop there. Itā€™s tricky to be accused of something when you only have limited information to use because people see that I moved on first they think that perhaps I cheated.ā€

ā€œWhen it comes up in conversation I say we grew apart because I respect and value her and I donā€™t want to keep bringing it upā€

• Wow
Reactions: 27
For anyone that doesnā€™t want to go back and listen to the whole interview

ā€œJim: I moved on first, as far as the world was concerned. It is really hard to say this without sort of making accusations but as far as the world knows I moved on first. But not necessarily.. I should stop there. Itā€™s tricky to be accused of something when you only have limited information to use because people see that I moved on first they think that perhaps I cheated.ā€

ā€œWhen it comes up in conversation I say we grew apart because I respect and value her and I donā€™t want to keep bringing it upā€
I hope Sarah creates a burner ac and spill the beans

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.