Tanya Burr #11 All mattress, no actress

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve always had this thought about the whole using Instagram to make money/your living, what would they all do if one day we woke up and they decided to do delete Instagram? 🤷🏻‍♀️😂
They’ve made more money in 10 years than most, so when this dries up, they have time to figure things out. Plus, there will be new platforms, just like there will be new companies when you lose your job in any other field. The reason Tanya is even able to try and become an actress is because she doesn’t really have to worry about money.

Plus, there are plenty of people with jobs that will become unnecessary in the future, they will also have to learn something new at some point. At least as a successful influencer, you were able to make good money.

Reactions: 10
I wonder if she really is good and set with money or shes just playing like she is🤷‍♀️I honestly dont think she makes that much with those ads and what not, im sure they see her engagement and likes and the amount is based off of that so even though she got the deal/ad she didn’t necessarily have to make much; hence taking every job like mayo and mattresses. I just think she may be acting the whole im doing great thing until she crashes and makes headlines checking into rehab

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I wonder if she really is good and set with money or shes just playing like she is🤷‍♀️I honestly dont think she makes that much with those ads and what not, im sure they see her engagement and likes and the amount is based off of that so even though she got the deal/ad she didn’t necessarily have to make much; hence taking every job like mayo and mattresses. I just think she may be acting the whole im doing great thing until she crashes and makes headlines checking into rehab
she obviously has made/ is making a lot of money, but really who can at 30 (?) just not really work again

Reactions: 1
she obviously has made/ is making a lot of money, but really who can at 30 (?) just not really work again
Oh yes im sure over the 10 yrs she has made plenty of money but im sure it decreased over time (keep in mind she left youtube and that was a source as well and working with diff brands). If her monthly income decreased and you can tell by what she is advertising, and she is still living in the 2 million home she was able to afford back then but not really now then🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 9
Still don't know how AUTHORED relates to make-up, the branding is so off.
I feel like she will try to push the same lines as Selena Gomez with Rare beauty - not hiding what makes you unique, breaking down unrealistic beauty standards. Tanya will add be the author of your beauty.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
She has a whole Twitter thread dedicated to her today...

Must have cost her a pretty penny.

ETA: On Stella's instagram, her two grid posts have about the same likes as other posts, 150-ish. Meanwhile, a post on Carol Middleton has 626. You go, Tanya. Less relevant than someone who isn't even really a public figure.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I appreciate the reasons why she did it, but I always think she made such a mistake in deleting all her old youtube videos and losing out on that stream of money. There were so many that I probably would have happily gone back and watched for the sake of nostalgia. There was something that was very comforting about them. I just have almost no interest in what she does now. She may have been ditzy and played dumb a lot before, but she was so much more likeable and relatable as a person. I find nothing about her aspirational now.
It's quite sad. I hope she is happy behind the scenes but she really doesn't look it. I can't help but pity her when it comes to the level of delusion she seems to have about her "acting." There are plenty of actors out there who have made it and aren't the best, but they really do tend to have the "it factor". Tanya just doesn't have this. She's so dull in every way now.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
She should stop aiming at acting. Having unachievable goals cause even worse depression. Yes it was a failure but it is OK to not be good at something. The wise thing to do would be to follow the things your are good at. She needs to change the perspective and stop being delusional that YouTube never happened. Acting and modeling was and will never be her thing.
Absolutely! Trying to achieve something which is unachievable would be very depressing and demoralising. You said "yes it was a failure but it is OK to not be good at something", which is absolutely true. She can also at least say she tried. Isn't it better to have tried and failed than to never try and forever wonder?

Reactions: 10
Absolutely! Trying to achieve something which is unachievable would be very depressing and demoralising. You said "yes it was a failure but it is OK to not be good at something", which is absolutely true. She can also at least say she tried. Isn't it better to have tried and failed than to never try and forever wonder?
Exactly this! Kudos to her for giving acting a try, its not easy to put yourself out there. But her refusing to give it up just points to a lack of self awareness and inability to be honest with herself. In true influencer fashion, she seems to think that any valid criticism is actually just people being haters/jealous. I feel like alot of that mentality can come from obviously creating an echo chamber for themselves in their social media comments sections, but also not having a proper distinction between friends and employees. They're just surrounded by people who will tell them what they want to hear because their jobs depend on it.

Reactions: 12
These influencers usually have properties and investments that will keep them afloat for the long haul tbh.

• Sad
She is trying and not succeedding for the past few years and pretending she is a major actress and thinking she is better than others (in her definition being blond thin and go to LA)
Failure is ok it is not a bad thing when your learn from it. She is learning nothing and that is the problem. If it was my friend, I would say you tried, it is not your thing, and encourage o do other things. Not sponsoring another article that she is an amazing actress and star.
I even feel awkward for her 😬

These influencers usually have properties and investments that will keep them afloat for the long haul tbh.
When she had Tanya Burr Cosmetics, she said she didn't know how much it made a month, that she's never been good with money - I don't know if she was just avoiding the interview question or what. Either way, she doesn't give off the vibe she's someone who's on top of their finances or thinking of the long-term. She definitely strikes me as a brand deal to the next brand deal type of person.

The fact alone she wasted thousands on acting with the private lessons and all the headshots and enlisting a Hollywood dialect coach etc. when she clearly had zero potential for it, and now starting a crappy cosmetics line three years too late, says she's dumb with money and business. Not exactly a boss witch in charge of her tit. 😆

I'm not saying she'll go broke. I'm sure she'll be able to maintain her lifestyle. Well, actually.. even that's up in the air as she got a roommate in her friend Emma after the divorce. 🤷‍♀️

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I appreciate the reasons why she did it, but I always think she made such a mistake in deleting all her old youtube videos and losing out on that stream of money. There were so many that I probably would have happily gone back and watched for the sake of nostalgia. There was something that was very comforting about them. I just have almost no interest in what she does now. She may have been ditzy and played dumb a lot before, but she was so much more likeable and relatable as a person. I find nothing about her aspirational now.
I used to semi-regularly rewatch her London Fashion Week videos and I probably still would now if they were available, idk what it was about them, you got a pretty good insight into what it was like to attend, rushing between shows, the process of planning outfits and being dressed by brands etc, the actual runway looks themselves. Idk maybe I'm in a nostalgic mood but I really liked those videos :(

Reactions: 16
I don’t understand why she stopped with Tanya Burr cosmetics. Anyone know? Was it just to make way for this new brand? Was it to make time for acting?

As far as I was aware, it was a very successful brand (I know I bought a few items and I never wear makeup!). Even towards the end of its time it still seemed quite big and I was surprised when she ended it. I was under the impression it was decent makeup (I’m no makeup guru though so may be wrong) and was actually worth getting, compared to other stuff anyway.
Maybe it was to break into acting, though I never understood that career move. As has been established she can’t act, and when you already have a successful career (both through YouTube and the makeup business) I don’t know why you’d throw it all away for something that’s not guaranteed.

will be interesting to see what the authored like is like, but she’s fallen off majorly now and doesn’t have the same/ as large a fan base. On top of that, there’s so many makeup lines by celebrities out now that how can she compete? She has no fans and no current products which would attract people to her makeup (if they didn’t know her).

A lot of things she’s done don’t make sense to me career wise. She’s fallen off, which is a shame. I used to really like her.

E65E289B-8ED7-4A6A-8A47-E56380A7A835.jpeg
0EDE4855-1CDD-4F96-9EDC-88433387F908.jpeg

It will never stop being mad to me that this is the same person. To me it’s like two whole different people from the wholesome youtube days making cookies to this try hard wannabe actor influencer 😭

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.