Tally Rye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This reel relates to what I’d said previously about Tally. Eating intuitively is all well and good but doesn’t apply to everyone especially if health issues are involved.

It’s like diet culture gone totally in reverse. As someone who is currently (medically) “obese”, but one stone down after getting my eating and exercise into good habits, tally’s message annoys me!

Funnily enough, walking around without 10kg of extra weight (so far!) does a body good 😂

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 14
This reel relates to what I’d said previously about Tally. Eating intuitively is all well and good but doesn’t apply to everyone especially if health issues are involved.

It’s like diet culture gone totally in reverse. As someone who is currently (medically) “obese”, but one stone down after getting my eating and exercise into good habits, tally’s message annoys me!
Yeah I saw this reel and thought exactly the same thing. I’m going through it atm, actually on the One2One diet myself. Do I wish I could eat intuitively and it worked for me? Of course! What I was actually doing is eating emotionally and in a way that is extremely negative and unhealthy. Some people need control and boundaries.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yeah I saw this reel and thought exactly the same thing. I’m going through it atm, actually on the One2One diet myself. Do I wish I could eat intuitively and it worked for me? Of course! What I was actually doing is eating emotionally and in a way that is extremely negative and unhealthy. Some people need control and boundaries.
Wishing you luck! I’ve had great success (10kg in 9 weeks) with a coach and simply calorie tracking and moving more. I just needed someone to tell me to do it. Its just not as simple as Tally says about “loving your body” 🙄

Reactions: 2
I haven’t researched in depth into intuitive eating or HAES. But what I will say is I don’t think it’s as bad as people are making it out to be.

I spent years shaming my food choices and disliking my body and not doing enough exercise. I had some sketchy periods of extreme dieting when I was a teen and then since then never really dieted again but felt ashamed of my body and food choices. Then I discovered lots of body positivity Instagram accounts in the pandemic, saw women who had bodies that looked like mine who I still thought were beautiful and I read about intuitive eating as well. And it was only then when I started to actually like my body and stop shaming myself that I started looking after myself properly.
I’m not the most active person in the world but I now run, cycle and lift weights and eat a much better diet. I don’t weigh myself at all but I have gone down a couple of dress sizes. I wouldn’t say any of this was a planned or conscious thing but it is just the result of no longer shaming myself.

So what I’m getting at is maybe a lot of these movements don’t talk about weight gain being unhealthy because actually feeling shame or like your current state isn’t good enough is not a good motivator and will not inspire you to look after your body if you currently hate it.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I haven’t researched in depth into intuitive eating or HAES. But what I will say is I don’t think it’s as bad as people are making it out to be.

I spent years shaming my food choices and disliking my body and not doing enough exercise. I had some sketchy periods of extreme dieting when I was a teen and then since then never really dieted again but felt ashamed of my body and food choices. Then I discovered lots of body positivity Instagram accounts in the pandemic, saw women who had bodies that looked like mine who I still thought were beautiful and I read about intuitive eating as well. And it was only then when I started to actually like my body and stop shaming myself that I started looking after myself properly.
I’m not the most active person in the world but I now run, cycle and lift weights and eat a much better diet. I don’t weigh myself at all but I have gone down a couple of dress sizes. I wouldn’t say any of this was a planned or conscious thing but it is just the result of no longer shaming myself.

So what I’m getting at is maybe a lot of these movements don’t talk about weight gain being unhealthy because actually feeling shame or like your current state isn’t good enough is not a good motivator and will not inspire you to look after your body if you currently hate it.
I mean I get it like the clean dieting era of 2015/16. In my twenties I would punish myself for eating nice food! But she clearly is on the verge of gaining more and more unhealthy .

Reactions: 1
God the amount of planning and going on about this engagement party already!! Why do people get engaged and think the world needs to stop?! It’s really not that exciting to other people 😂

Reactions: 11
Getting her hair cut and coloured for the first time in ages.......
It's been a while......
Perhaps it wouldn't have been so long if you paid for it like normal folk do rather than wait for another freebie eh!?!? 🙄
So bloody grabby and entitled.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Getting her hair cut and coloured for the first time in ages.......
It's been a while......
Perhaps it wouldn't have been so long if you paid for it like normal folk do rather than wait for another freebie eh!?!? 🙄
So bloody grabby and entitled.
And it looks the same!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
It really doesn’t look any different. I think she suits a really neat straight bob, and can also imagine she’d look better with longer wavy hair. This is so non.

Reactions: 4
So - your bloke proposes (as a surprise, apparently) but you basically tell him the ring is tit and you want it completely remodelled from a classic solitaire that shows off what is clearly a very lovely stone into a completely different metal, completely different shank and set with loads of other diamonds. “We” made some changes my arse. Do we think Hottie Jack actually has a massive intuitive thumb print on his head??? 🤔🙄

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Sorry, I’ll say it - it looks incredibly amateur with the gold band and platinum basket.
I agree. I’m looking to “remodel” my engagement solitaire some 15 years on to try and combine with stones from my late Mum’s engagement ring. Mine is platinum - I’d never stick the mount on a rose gold band, it totally detracts from the stones. I thought Tally’s original ring looked really classy, the stone was the star and it is a stunning stone from the look of it. She’s made it look quite tacky IMO although I know we all have very different tastes in jewellery!

Reactions: 5
And now she's begging for Laver Cup tickets.
"I would die to see this.
Anyone know how I can make it happen?"

I do ..... buy tickets like everyone else has to you absolute charlatan! :mad:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Tally’s posts today about inconsistent movement (exercise) making her feel worse mentally and more stressed, then she goes and does a couple of workouts and feels much better….is this her setting up the rationale for increasing her exercise to lose weight for the wedding??

Reactions: 13
Tally’s posts today about inconsistent movement (exercise) making her feel worse mentally and more stressed, then she goes and does a couple of workouts and feels much better….is this her setting up the rationale for increasing her exercise to lose weight for the wedding??
I thought the same thing, she’s planting the seed, especially as she’s been wedding dress shopping with her friend last couple of days.

Reactions: 10
I thought the same thing, she’s planting the seed, especially as she’s been wedding dress shopping with her friend last couple of days.
I'd say so. I don't think it's a coincidence that it's come after she's been out looking at dresses (for her friend) either.

Reactions: 6
Yep, definitely this.

Eugh and now she’s shilling AllPlants…is there an influencer who isn’t promoting AllPlants???

Just saw her post where she is dancing on the blue leggings and white top... Try it without sound i dare you 🥺😳😳

So - your bloke proposes (as a surprise, apparently) but you basically tell him the ring is tit and you want it completely remodelled from a classic solitaire that shows off what is clearly a very lovely stone into a completely different metal, completely different shank and set with loads of other diamonds. “We” made some changes my arse. Do we think Hottie Jack actually has a massive intuitive thumb print on his head??? 🤔🙄
The ways he's progressing it might not even fit her by the time the wedding comes ....🥺🥺

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.