Tally Rye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think a lot of people who’ve overcome (to an extent) disordered exercise and eating will flock to her as they gain weight. And I do kind of get that. My concern is she’s not really trained in that (as far as I know). As someone with a dear friend with a major exercise disorder I am absolutely not judging - more power to anyone who can overcome that, but I reckon lots of these women would do better paying for an actual therapy session to help them deal with any root cause issues.
I think this is so right. Any kind of disorder will be rooted in something much deeper and it is really poor and actually rather dangerous for anyone with no real understanding of or training in how to deal with it to start poking that wound.

Reactions: 1
Sorry, but this just makes me roll my eyes. Is it really so wrong nowadays to say something is flattering I.e it makes you look slimmer? I know Tally meant “it fits her tummy inside it”. But I’m a bigger person with some tummy rolls and I definitely shop to make them look more flattering. I don’t get why this is now such a “bad thing”. I found a dress for my sisters wedding last year, it was cut beautifully, it hid my lumps and bumps that I wouldn’t want on show and everyone commented on how well the shape suited me. Is that so bad?!?

Attachments

Reactions: 7
Is there any chance that Tally might do some work any time soon?????
It's all influencer crap!!! 🥱

Reactions: 6
Glad to find a thread on Tally. I read her book (it was a gift) and I had some doubts but some of it made sense. Then I started following her on Insta and yeah I just don’t get it. Latest stories of her on the beach - my immediate thought was that she was trying to look as big as possible. But she doesn’t look healthy and I don’t think she has the balance right. I am bigger than her but know that if I followed intuitive eating and moving I would just gain more and more weight until I was extremely obese.

I think she will lose weight for the wedding and pretend it wasn’t intentional.

I didn’t know her before at all though, literally only came across her in the last 2-3 months. Where can I find some of her old posts/photos? I’m intrigued.

Reactions: 4
Whatever she is doing is not healthy. There is just no way it is. She did a reel where she was trying on old clothes and getting rid of everything that didn’t fit and most of her weight is on her belly. She’s in her early 30s and is looking at a future of not so good health if she keeps this up. Not everything we do is awesome and exciting or whatever but we do it because we need to, eg cleaning the house, brushing our teeth. Exercise isn’t always fun but I always always feel good afterwards. I can’t get over a PT saying she is sedentary and has lost fitness and that this is totally fine. I wonder how many clients she has.
Not to be cruel! I just looked at her photos. She looks very unhealthy 😫. Even when I’ve been big I’ve not looked like that. This was her when she was obsessed with dieting.

Attachments

Glad to find a thread on Tally. I read her book (it was a gift) and I had some doubts but some of it made sense. Then I started following her on Insta and yeah I just don’t get it. Latest stories of her on the beach - my immediate thought was that she was trying to look as big as possible. But she doesn’t look healthy and I don’t think she has the balance right. I am bigger than her but know that if I followed intuitive eating and moving I would just gain more and more weight until I was extremely obese.

I think she will lose weight for the wedding and pretend it wasn’t intentional.

I didn’t know her before at all though, literally only came across her in the last 2-3 months. Where can I find some of her old posts/photos? I’m intrigued.
Intuitive eating wouldn’t work for me because my intuition says to eat all the time 🤣😩

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I don’t even think she looks big, she just just looks like she’s got a lot of saggy lose skin?

I find Tally so conflicting. On the one hand I agree with points she’s made that women are deeply and subconsciously conditioned to always have to look good, and I agree that that’s kind of batshit. On the other hand, every time I see pics like the beach ones, I can’t help but think that she doesn’t suit her current weight. She always looks uncomfortable even when she’s claiming not to be. I’ve seen people rocking every shape and size there is, it’s not about her size. And yes, not everyone has to “rock” their shape and size, there are bigger things to worry about in life, but… it’s kind of her job. (It’s also so weird to me that Jack is so lean and healthy looking.)

I dunno. I applaud her message to some extent but there’s lots I don’t agree with too.

Reactions: 11
I find Tally so conflicting. On the one hand I agree with points she’s made that women are deeply and subconsciously conditioned to always have to look good, and I agree that that’s kind of batshit. On the other hand, every time I see pics like the beach ones, I can’t help but think that she doesn’t suit her current weight. She always looks uncomfortable even when she’s claiming not to be. I’ve seen people rocking every shape and size there is, it’s not about her size. And yes, not everyone has to “rock” their shape and size, there are bigger things to worry about in life, but… it’s kind of her job. (It’s also so weird to me that Jack is so lean and healthy looking.)

I dunno. I applaud her message to some extent but there’s lots I don’t agree with too.
I think if someone insists how happy they are with their body, they’re most likely not…the lady doth protest too much 🙃

Reactions: 8
I don’t even think she looks big, she just just looks like she’s got a lot of saggy lose skin?
when she wants to lose weight which I can almost guarantee will happen, she’s going to be left with so much loose skin

Reactions: 2
I think Tally is as disordered now as she was when she says she was obsessed with exercising and food. She goes on far too much about being comfortable in her own skin, she’s gaining weight (I looked back at her pics from six months ago) and I’m sorry but intuitive eating surely doesn’t just mean you keep putting weight on? She’s young enough now for it not to be a real issue, but as she gets older her body has much less wiggle room. I don’t give a damn what dress size she is but her message is pretty much as confused as the teeny tiny over exercisers such as Hazel Wallace. Jack is a right hottie though, never paid him much attention before 😳🤣

Reactions: 10
She’s clearly binge eating. That’s not what you look like if you eat a normal healthy diet. She does look big and her weight is distributed in a really unhealthy way. She’s also quite a bit bigger than her original ‘before’ pics now.

Reactions: 3
I’ve been wondering about this. Could she just have a higher “set point” for her weight? I don’t know if that’s quack science tbh so maybe not? I don’t know.

She’s clearly binge eating. That’s not what you look like if you eat a normal healthy diet. She does look big and her weight is distributed in a really unhealthy way. She’s also quite a bit bigger than her original ‘before’ pics now.
I tend to agree. I’m not trying to body shame but her weight is piling on around her middle and that’s been shown to be unhealthy. She doesn’t have a generally “curvy” frame, she just looks like she’s piling on weight. She hangs out with another woman - Curvy something who is indeed curvy but looks way healthier on it. I noticed Tally also isn’t teaching her spin anymore, that’s going to have an effect too as if she could teach spin she was clearly cardio fit and would have been engaging in activity that helped heart, lungs etc. - she just seems to be dancing about and eating lots of food now!

Reactions: 5
I tend to agree. I’m not trying to body shame but her weight is piling on around her middle and that’s been shown to be unhealthy. She doesn’t have a generally “curvy” frame, she just looks like she’s piling on weight. She hangs out with another woman - Curvy something who is indeed curvy but looks way healthier on it. I noticed Tally also isn’t teaching her spin anymore, that’s going to have an effect too as if she could teach spin she was clearly cardio fit and would have been engaging in activity that helped heart, lungs etc. - she just seems to be dancing about and eating lots of food now!
Totally agree re. her friend! I thought that too. She always looks polished and groomed. And super confident.

I’ve been wondering about this. Could she just have a higher “set point” for her weight? I don’t know if that’s quack science tbh so maybe not? I don’t know.
I would say that’s exactly what it is. A lot of people would never put on that much weight by not exercising / eating a little unhealthy for a year or two. The years of dieting probably wrecked her metabolism. Her sister is a very similar to shape to what she is now isn’t she?

She’s put on soo much weight in a short space of time. Unless she has an underlying medical issue she’s deffs binge eating.

I would say that’s exactly what it is. A lot of people would never put on that much weight by not exercising / eating a little unhealthy for a year or two. The years of dieting probably wrecked her metabolism. Her sister is a very similar to shape to what she is now isn’t she?
I think it’s a mixture of years of restrictive eating causing her to binge eat and years of dieting wrecking her metabolism. There’s no way if she’s eating at calorie maintience now she’d be this overweight? Surely she’s classed as ‘obese’ and seems to be gaining weight.

Reactions: 2
I follow Tally and have done since the days where she was super into fitness. I think her message about intuitive movement is a good one but agree with most of the posts above - it seems like she’s ditched all forms of exercise now (aside from the odd dance workout which I just find really cringe, sorry) and she has gained a lot of weight very fast. I also think some of her fashion choices just don’t do her current body any favours. I think she might be a bit backed into a corner now - if she does want to lose weight for her wedding or just because she’s decided her current size isn’t healthy, it completely contradicts the message she’s been pushing for months. It’s great that she isn’t forcing herself to do exercise she hates anymore, but she jumped on the anti-diet, intuitive eating/movement bandwagon and now seems to be stuck on it whether she’s truly happy with herself or not!

Also, I feel like all she has done for months is sit at home and watch tennis on tv, or go for lunches with her friend ‘curvy living’. How is she making money (aside from the odd Abercrombie haul..)?!

Reactions: 13
I follow Tally and have done since the days where she was super into fitness. I think her message about intuitive movement is a good one but agree with most of the posts above - it seems like she’s ditched all forms of exercise now (aside from the odd dance workout which I just find really cringe, sorry) and she has gained a lot of weight very fast. I also think some of her fashion choices just don’t do her current body any favours. I think she might be a bit backed into a corner now - if she does want to lose weight for her wedding or just because she’s decided her current size isn’t healthy, it completely contradicts the message she’s been pushing for months. It’s great that she isn’t forcing herself to do exercise she hates anymore, but she jumped on the anti-diet, intuitive eating/movement bandwagon and now seems to be stuck on it whether she’s truly happy with herself or not!

Also, I feel like all she has done for months is sit at home and watch tennis on tv, or go for lunches with her friend ‘curvy living’. How is she making money (aside from the odd Abercrombie haul..)?!
You’ve summed up what I wanted to say exactly!

I think she takes the intuitive side to an extreme. Surely there’s a fine line between being intuitive and then using that as an excuse. There’s some days where I won’t go to they gym as not feeling it and other days I go when I don’t want to because I know I’ll feel better for it afterwards mentally aswell as physically. And that’s not diet culture, that’s me just being trying not to be a lazy cow, plus I don’t want to pay for a membership Im not using!

I also find her dancing/ singing cringe and she dresses really frumpy for her age. Jack is hot but they both come across as really boring.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.