Tally Rye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She probably would be but it will show that the HAES stuff she’s pushing is pretty bullshit. In the past, she kept saying how she felt great and so healthy and now she’s done a 360 and says that that was just diet culture talking. And there is a difference between being curvy and healthy and being unhealthily overweight. Her friend curvyliving used to be about a size 16 and toned and looked great but has put on a lot of weight since (and is also part of Tally’s bopo movement) and it doesn’t look healthy at all.

Reactions: 2
Glad I found this thread! I really hate this body positive movement in that it’s so fake. If you’re banging on about how happy you are in your body it’s probably not true. I just don’t buy that Tally is SOOOO HAPPY with her body when she used to be smaller and started her career along those lines. I’m around the size Tally is now (but I’m taller) and I’m on a plan to lose around 15-20kg because I know it’s better for my body, my health, my joints, my future plans to have kids, and to feel better in my body and my clothes. It’s just bullshit when people say otherwise.

sorry if this offends people and I know some people will be happy with it but for me being bigger just has so many downsides (lack of clothes fitting, lack of confidence with my other half, chafing, sweating, hating and overanalysing photos taken of me, having no cardio stamina, even my underwear feeling tight…) I just don’t buy it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think especially with the governments plans to emphasise healthy eating etc that a few more people will be turning away from the bopo movements…it’s only because it’s the woke thing to do that people are doing it. But like what’s said above, it’s all okay now until you’re in your 40s and it’s starting to affect you in other ways…

I hope I don't offend anyone and I do feel uncomfortable commenting on peoples bodies but Tally gained her weight really fast in my opinion. There is no doubt that her fitness competition days were unhealthy too but she didn't just go from counting macros and body building to being a bit more relaxed she went towards being significantly bigger in a relatively short space of time. That in itself must take a toll on your body.

Reactions: 5
sorry if this offends people and I know some people will be happy with it but for me being bigger just has so many downsides (lack of clothes fitting, lack of confidence with my other half, chafing, sweating, hating and overanalysing photos taken of me, having no cardio stamina, even my underwear feeling tight…) I just don’t buy it.
Hmm. A lot of this is the way you personally feel about people who are not thin. Firstly, you buy clothes and underwear that fit you (not the size you think you should be). Lack of confidence / not wanting to have photos taken is all your perception of how you think you’re more validated as a person if you’re thinner. It’s a society wide problem and this is why ‘body positive’ accounts are important. You don’t have to lose weight to improve those things, your frame of mind around your weight has to change and you have to accept and love yourself. Everyone has different metabolic make up, many people couldn’t put on as much weight as Tally if they tried (we all have friends that eat terribly, never exercise and are stick thin) it doesn’t mean they’re healthier.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Glad I found this thread! I really hate this body positive movement in that it’s so fake. If you’re banging on about how happy you are in your body it’s probably not true. I just don’t buy that Tally is SOOOO HAPPY with her body when she used to be smaller and started her career along those lines. I’m around the size Tally is now (but I’m taller) and I’m on a plan to lose around 15-20kg because I know it’s better for my body, my health, my joints, my future plans to have kids, and to feel better in my body and my clothes. It’s just bullshit when people say otherwise.

You hit the nail on the head!

Hmm. A lot of this is the way you personally feel about people who are not thin. Firstly, you buy clothes and underwear that fit you (not the size you think you should be). Lack of confidence / not wanting to have photos taken is all your perception of how you think you’re more validated as a person if you’re thinner. It’s a society wide problem and this is why ‘body positive’ accounts are important. You don’t have to lose weight to improve those things, your frame of mind around your weight has to change and you have to accept and love yourself. Everyone has different metabolic make up, many people couldn’t put on as much weight as Tally if they tried (we all have friends that eat terribly, never exercise and are stick thin) it doesn’t mean they’re healthier.
True but there is two sides to the argument. I don’t want to post before/after photos for weight loss 1. Because it pisses people off 2. Because it’s unnecessary

But also I gained a lot of weight during lockdown and it’s not healthy to promote obesity either. When start to feel unhealthy that’s when you start to question yourself .

You hit the nail on the head!

True but there is two sides to the argument. I don’t want to post before/after photos for weight loss 1. Because it pisses people off 2. Because it’s unnecessary

But also I gained a lot of weight during lockdown and it’s not healthy to promote obesity either. When start to feel unhealthy that’s when you start to question yourself .
I agree, I think my viewpoint missed out that I put on significant weight during lockdown so my reference point is before when I felt better in myself in most of those different aspects. As someone with joint issues too, this weight has made them exponentially worse, and so to me it’s a direct health impact. I also know it can impact infertility, which is on my radar. Not the same for everyone I agree, but I felt and looked better when at a lower weight so it annoys me when those things are seemingly disregarded.

All, Not a warning but a request to keep to the thread topic, thanks - Please read our rules and why they're important
I agree, I think my viewpoint missed out that I put on significant weight during lockdown so my reference point is before when I felt better in myself in most of those different aspects. As someone with joint issues too, this weight has made them exponentially worse, and so to me it’s a direct health impact. I also know it can impact infertility, which is on my radar. Not the same for everyone I agree, but I felt and looked better when at a lower weight so it annoys me when those things are seemingly disregarded.

I 100% agree that we have been conditioned by the media, diet industry etc to believe that skinny is where we should aim for and that we should all work towards accepting our bodies for what they are and not putting so much pressure. I feel like the body positive movement let's itself down by is denying there is a difference between being able to let go of very restrictive dieting and exercise and gaining significant amounts of weight which have all sorts of health implications. It shouldn't be the dirty little secret of the body positivity movement that just weight loss can have terrible health implications so can weight gain.

But what people can annoyed with is those influencers like Tally who just jump on the bandwagon and then contradict themselves and everything they were about before.

Reactions: 4
She is now just an endless round of ads, freebies and trips away.
Utterly pointless.

Reactions: 1
I kinda feel like as much as she claims her insta page won’t become all about her engagement, wedding etc, it’s likely to go down that path.
Also Jack’s family seem v well off? He has a highlight on his insta page showing off the house he grew up in.

Reactions: 3
I saw that. I thought it made him come across TERRIBLY. It was such a brazen “look at how big my house was” and he wasn’t clever enough to disguise it as something else.

Reactions: 7
I think they'll move out to Surrey and become a mirror version on Zanna & Ant.
It's a shame really because I thought that Tally was better than that.

Reactions: 6
Today's nugget of Tally wisdom.... go along and pay for financial advice from a company co-founded by my mate Zanna. 🙄

She absolutely stinks of 'influencer' bulls**t! 💩

Reactions: 5
I haven’t followed her for that long and was actually shocked she has “clients” and does coaching/training whatever you want to call it. Who is looking at paying her for advice?? I’m sorry but she’s not aspirational (to me)…

Reactions: 4
I haven’t followed her for that long and was actually shocked she has “clients” and does coaching/training whatever you want to call it. Who is looking at paying her for advice?? I’m sorry but she’s not aspirational (to me)…
I can't get my head around her and the dozens of others who want to have paid clients and/or subscribers for quite simply telling them stuff that an hour on the internet and a good old google would unearth. 😤

Reactions: 3
I sort of understand maybe people want a trainer who isn't focused on weightloss but she also isn't fit

I think a lot of people who’ve overcome (to an extent) disordered exercise and eating will flock to her as they gain weight. And I do kind of get that. My concern is she’s not really trained in that (as far as I know). As someone with a dear friend with a major exercise disorder I am absolutely not judging - more power to anyone who can overcome that, but I reckon lots of these women would do better paying for an actual therapy session to help them deal with any root cause issues.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.