Tally Rye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it’s just a flawed concept. If she is saying that intuitive eating means eating whatever you fancy at that moment, then yes, food loses its good/bad values.

I just don’t think it makes any sense at all. I work in the city and if I chose whatever I wanted, I’d pretty much always go for a yummy pain au chocolat for brekkie, a hot lunch from our canteen, a brownie to perk myself up in the afternoon. I would therefore some days choose not to do that because I’d be aware I’d be putting on weight at a rate of knots. So therefore food HAS to have a good/bad value.

Why is it bad to make sensible food choices to avoid your body changing drastically, or keeping on top of walking for 20 mins a day so that you stay healthy, light, motivated and energised?
This!! Absolutely this.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I have a workmate who enquired with her (she loves Tally's authenticity) :rolleyes:😶 and is genuinely, absolutely gutted that she can't afford to do it.
From my point of view it is a lucky escape but it is genuinely upsetting that she thinks this is the best help she can get for disordered eating - I will try and gently have these chats with her now. I myself have had issues with orthorexia but would never think myself qualified to help.
From what she was saying a 12 week/3 month package with weekly Zoom, access to a group chat and a free Train Happy journal was £500
The same thing but with an additional 3 1:1 sessions with Tally was £780

So, if she signs up 10 people say on the 'basic' package that is £5000 for 12 x 1hr zooms an online chat group and a free Train Happy journal.
If she has 10 people at the higher rate the additional material - 30 1hr 1:1 sessions means that hour of her time is worth £93.
Yes she is qualified as a PT and absolutely can charge for that knowledge but lets be straight here this is not the service that she is offering, not the expertise she is pedalling.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I have a workmate who enquired with her (she loves Tally's authenticity) :rolleyes:😶 and is genuinely, absolutely gutted that she can't afford to do it.
From my point of view it is a lucky escape but it is genuinely upsetting that she thinks this is the best help she can get for disordered eating - I will try and gently have these chats with her now. I myself have had issues with orthorexia but would never think myself qualified to help.
From what she was saying a 12 week/3 month package with weekly Zoom, access to a group chat and a free Train Happy journal was £500

So, if she signs up 10 people say on the 'basic' package that is £5000 for 12 x 1hr zooms an online chat group and a free Train Happy journal.
If she has 10 people at the higher rate the additional material - 30 1hr 1:1 sessions means that hour of her time is worth £93.
Yes she is qualified as a PT and absolutely can charge for that knowledge but lets be straight here this is not the service that she is offering, not the expertise she is pedalling.
I read £5000 I was like W H A T

Yup! £500 a pop so if she gets 10 new clients that is £5000 for not a whole lot of work - £416 per zoom during which I am guessing a lot of the content will come from the participants themselves. I can't say for sure because my colleague won't be able to do them so I'll never know but I am guessing Tally is essentially the facilitator here for what is essentially group 'therapy'. 🤷‍♀️

• Wow
I think it’s just a flawed concept. If she is saying that intuitive eating means eating whatever you fancy at that moment, then yes, food loses its good/bad values.

I just don’t think it makes any sense at all. I work in the city and if I chose whatever I wanted, I’d pretty much always go for a yummy pain au chocolat for brekkie, a hot lunch from our canteen, a brownie to perk myself up in the afternoon. I would therefore some days choose not to do that because I’d be aware I’d be putting on weight at a rate of knots. So therefore food HAS to have a good/bad value.

Why is it bad to make sensible food choices to avoid your body changing drastically, or keeping on top of walking for 20 mins a day so that you stay healthy, light, motivated and energised?
I couldn’t agree more. My main issue is that I understand the principle behind no good/bad labels but we live in a country where the majority of people don’t eat well so I think we DO need to label food. Maybe not good/bad in all cases but people need to understand the benefits of a piece of fruit over a chocolate bar and that not all calories are created equally.

That is disgusting! Counsellors don’t charge that much! How can she look at herself in the mirror each day?

Reactions: 7
Yup! £500 a pop so if she gets 10 new clients that is £5000 for not a whole lot of work - £416 per zoom during which I am guessing a lot of the content will come from the participants themselves. I can't say for sure because my colleague won't be able to do them so I'll never know but I am guessing Tally is essentially the facilitator here for what is essentially group 'therapy'. 🤷‍♀️
That is INSANE!!
CBT counselling via Nuffield is something like £99 a session

• Wow
Reactions: 6
This is Godalming, so guessing this is where they’ve moved to! I’ll keep an eye out 👀👀

8BADD51B-E7E0-4B77-AF2E-1584DF8EB04D.png

Reactions: 4
Ignoring the fact she’s got zero qualifications to do this, she’s clueless at running a business and putting out a product. All she says is ‘is this you? Join me and you get this’. What are the features? Benefits? Methodology?

How has no one close to her questioned whether this is a well thought out idea?

Food IS good and bad. Takeaways, chips, ice cream, haribo - high in salt, sugar, sat fats. There is very good reason to label them as such because noone got unhealthy eating a healthy home made dinner everyday but they sure did eating takeaways everyday.
People are generally, simple. And black and white instructions help with self regulation.
I want to eat half a pint of ice cream tonight? Fine, I’ll just eat a chicken salad for lunch tomorrow instead of a wrap from pret. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with that reasoning which is what this stupid “intuitive eating” crap is purporting. “Don’t punish yourself”. Eating a salad is not a punishment! It’s nourishment FFS. Absolute quacks. Who in their right mind would take ANY advice from Tally who looks the most unhealthy posture, skin and mid section wise?!

Reactions: 10

This is where Tally's offering becomes problematic because people like your friend with disordered eating would benefit a lot more from something like counselling or CBT as others have suggested, and not someone with vague, flimsy-sounding qualifications, if you can even call them that, in intuitive eating. She's not a psychologist and I don’t think she's best placed to be helping someone with orthorexia etc, which a lot of her audience could have. Imagine if someone with bulimic tendencies signed up, does she even check for things like this first? As for the fees... yep, take your money elsewhere.

Reactions: 9
This is where Tally's offering becomes problematic because people like your friend with disordered eating would benefit a lot more from something like counselling or CBT as others have suggested, and not someone with vague, flimsy-sounding qualifications, if you can even call them that, in intuitive eating. She's not a psychologist and I don’t think she's best placed to be helping someone with orthorexia etc, which a lot of her audience could have. Imagine if someone with bulimic tendencies signed up, does she even check for things like this first? As for the fees... yep, take your money elsewhere.
I 100% agree and as someone who has contact with young adults I am very aware of just how suggestible some people can be. I know that with the internet making everyone accessible it is tough but I very much think that this type of service should have to be regulated.

Reactions: 2
Tallys in Majorca with Zanna but haven't posted anything. Odd.

325180897_847269169682569_4226335868075664747_n.jpg

324877948_1632545773846612_1583921774831748524_n.jpg

Reactions: 2
Does anyone recognise Zannas fleece is from? Zanna bugs me but I love the colours on that fleece 😂

Poor Tally being dragged on this hike with Zanna. No doubt Zanna made it as long and as tough as possible so she could show off and shame Tally for being less fit

Tally: gets engaged and tries to build a brand over not dieting for your wedding
Also Tally: immediately starts spending all her time with orthorexic over exerciser Zanny long legs and doing crazy hikes when ‘on holiday’.
Something ain’t adding up for me.

Reactions: 22
Tally: gets engaged and tries to build a brand over not dieting for your wedding
Also Tally: immediately starts spending all her time with orthorexic over exerciser Zanny long legs and doing crazy hikes when ‘on holiday’.
Something ain’t adding up for me.
The math ain’t mathing

• Haha
The math ain’t mathing
Guys, don’t be silly. She’ll just naturally drop two dress sizes because of eating intuitively (salads, smoothies and fish with veg was all she fancied) and taking up an interest in walking 6-8 hours a day. NOTHING TO DO WITH DIETING

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.