TalkTV & TalkRadio

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wouldn't get too annoyed with Mike and Kev's new time slots, they will probably change around again soon.

Reactions: 1
I heard Mike say this morning he was doing a show at 9pm but it wasn't clear if he was still doing his morning show? I didn’t hear him say Kev was taking over but sure he mentioned something about Julia?

Two of their best presenters now off daytime 😪
They announced it on Twitter, lead balloon

Funny I have just read on another forum someone else picked up Mike said in this morning's show in that Julia would be taking over his show. This was in his own show during this morning and not the first half hour when he is on with Kev.

They've twatted about with the schedules so much lately I've stopped listening altogether.
I like Kevin O'Sullivan well enough but he's been on so much lately that I need a break from him.
I can't bear the woman doing Julia's show [with Kyle.] She so annoying she makes Kyle bearable!!!!!!
I liked Mike at 10 til 1 and now he's moving.

grrrrrr

Reactions: 2
I'm usually for evolution and hate using this particular phrase but it feels like they're fixing something that isn't broken...in fact, it's working pretty bloody well. Julia at breakfast, Mike in the mid-morning/early lunch slot has been a staple for half a decade now and that's got them the listeners. Why change it? If you want a shakeup of the schedule, start from the bottom with weekend hosts who do 1 show a week or whoever doesn't get listeners.

I'm usually for evolution and hate using this particular phrase but it feels like they're fixing something that isn't broken...in fact, it's working pretty bloody well. Julia at breakfast, Mike in the mid-morning/early lunch slot has been a staple for half a decade now and that's got them the listeners. Why change it? If you want a shakeup of the schedule, start from the bottom with weekend hosts who do 1 show a week or whoever doesn't get listeners.
Feels like the last roll of the dice to me. Or throwing tit at the wall and seeing what sticks. If I were to be less generous. :cautious:

if Julia was sick of the early mornings - fair enough, but Im not sure she was.

As you say, the Julia/Mike/Ian Collins block of shows was getting the listeners. Well, according to Mike it was.

So why break apart that line-up?
I suppose theyve seen that the 9pm slot on GBNews was [allegedly] getting the biggest audience share for that timeslot and now Wootton [whose slot it was] is suspended, maybe they think putting Mike in at that time will grab viewers.

Reactions: 3
I think they (and GB News) are trying to replicate the Fox News format and ignoring its radio roots. Is Trisha still doing her show? Should’ve binned her off ages ago for her crappy webcam. Maybe Mike just doesn’t care because he’s close enough to retirement. I wish they’d bring back Petrie for the full midnight slot and that young lad after that they had before Cristo.

Is Trisha still doing her show? Should’ve binned her off ages ago for her crappy webcam. Maybe Mike just doesn’t care because he’s close enough to retirement. I wish they’d bring back Petrie for the full midnight slot and that young lad after that they had before Cristo.
Yes sadly - Trisha, her rubbish webcam and her dull presenting should be long gone.

Think you're referring to Darryl Morris - he's on Times Radio now. Nice chap but better fit for him.

Reactions: 4
Yes sadly - Trisha, her rubbish webcam and her dull presenting should be long gone.

Think you're referring to Darryl Morris - he's on Times Radio now. Nice chap but better fit for him.
That was him! Thanks. As a night owl I‘d like a slot on in the wee hours. I tend to put LBC on overnight but it’s a black screen and I miss Steve. It’s crazy how much ‘better’ both GB and Talk were when they started out. Now they’re worse than their competitors. What happened to more local news? 🫠

Mike has just confirmed that it will be Julia taking over his show starting from next week. No word on who will be doing 1pm-3pm. I half expect it to be Kevin who seems to be on the channel more than any other presenter just now.

Does Piers Morgan pull in many viewers?

I switch channels or turn off when he comes on. Another entirely lacking in gravitas. How can he be taken seriously? James Brown ex GQ editor said he was no more than a timid, posh boy office junior treated with derision and sent to the off licence for carry outs when he worked there. James Brown can be a nob but I'm with him on this one.

Does Piers Morgan pull in many viewers?

I switch channels or turn off when he comes on. Another entirely lacking in gravitas. How can he be taken seriously? James Brown ex GQ editor said he was no more than a timid, posh boy office junior treated with derision and sent to the off licence for carry outs when he worked there. James Brown can be a nob but I'm with him on this one.
They repeat the Morgan show later as well. Waste of air time that he is.

I wish I knew about the viewing figures.
Would love to know how each presenter compares as well.
Is Vanessa a hit or a flop?
Is Kev on all the time because he gets big ratings or is he volunteering to cover every available slot to gain favour with the bosses and keep his job/get a pay rise?

Also, is "The Talk" being scrapped?
Is Sharon Osbourne still on the channel?
She was trumpeted as this great signing and yet she's hardly been on.
I can't decide whether I like her or not.

They repeat the Morgan show later as well. Waste of air time that he is.
The Morgan aspect of the channel has been a total and utter FLOP given the massive fanfare it recieved upon launch. It makes me so happy. :ROFLMAO: He seems to spend half of his time interviewing American politicians and other people from the US the vast majority of what few viewers tune in know nothing about, nor care to no nothing about.

The Morgan aspect of the channel has been a total and utter FLOP given the massive fanfare it recieved upon launch. It makes me so happy. :ROFLMAO: He seems to spend half of his time interviewing American politicians and other people from the US the vast majority of what few viewers tune in know nothing about, nor care to no nothing about.
I avoid him.
Also Vanessa, Trisha and now the breakfast show. I surprised myself because I actually don't mind Kyle too much. He's too shouty for mornings, though and his sidekick Nicola gives me the rage.
And it's looking like from next werk, TVKev will be paired with another annoying woman.
WTF are they doing to the channel????

Why are they having two presenters on everything now?????

Bet Piers wangled a two or three year contract for mega bucks. He's laughing all the way to the Bank. :mad:

Just my preference but maybe also explains why they get the most air time.

Mike and kev, James whale.

I also like Andre walker and Danielle though I don't think they get as many viewers as the above. I think Andre would though on his own and in a different time slot. He's informative, entertaining and I like his humour.

Like others I don't rate piers Morgan and wouldn't watch him on anything, nor Tricia.

I like Sharon Osbourne but I wouldn't listen to her. Though I LOVE her on the Osborne's podcast as she can be outspoken there.

He got at least 1 million. Not sure how long that contract was.

He's not worth it.
He should retire from broadcasting/print media and just write books.
Then people who want to can still read his opinions and those who don't can avoid him.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.