Talia Oatway & Aaron Chalmers #18 shes with buspass Ben in the sheets, here comes Aaron with receipts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Completely agree. It's very confusing. Maybe she's one of those women who just loves the baby stage and that's why she keeps having more kids. Plus she never thought she'd end up doing this alone. She thought she and Aaron were in it for life.
I know someone like this. She ended up with 8 kids and every single one of them was a nightmare come the teenage years as she lost interest quite early on and had another baby instead!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Just to clarify this, not all
adults with Down syndrome need to be “looked after the rest of their adult lives’. My sister, who has this, lives independently. She has support workers to help with certain tasks ( and us family will pop on often too) but she volunteers in a nursing home, does her own food shopping etc. just wanted to point out that it’s not always the same for each and every one :)
Ah, thank you for informing me on this. I did want to put a disclaimer about my lack of knowledge on the subject. I have a neighbour with Down syndrome and he’s in his 30s and has lived with his Mum his entire life, but again as with most people, situations and experiences vary. That’s absolutely great about your sister though, and it’s lovely to hear she’s living her life to the fullest with the support of you and your family. x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I don’t know anyone that would look after a baby while sick after the baby has had major surgery !?!?!? I’m guessing Talia’s mum is as stupid as Talia

Reactions: 17
I thought social services in the uk were quite effective. So why does she still have Oakley's custody? He's clearly being neglected.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Thread Suggestion
Talia Oatway & Aaron Chalmers #19 Talia leaves her baby to go off for a bath, attitude still stinks

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I thought social services in the uk were quite effective. So why does she still have Oakley's custody? He's clearly being neglected.
Children’s services in the UK are probably the worst in the whole world..saying this as someone who has family members who work in children’s services

Reactions: 23

You can not just go and remove children. There’s procedures to follow.

Reactions: 13
Unfortunately there’s a ridiculous amount of policy/procedure/rules/restrictions that social workers have to adhere to. Unless the baby is showing signs of physical bodily harm because he can’t communicate and tell people about emotional or mental harm social workers will try and support the mother or father in ways to care for the children. even though seeing a mother leave her child’s hospital bedside to go and take mirror selfies and have a ‘self care’ night Blows my mind. That poor boy will have to live a life waiting for his mum to take the perfect ‘hand holding selfie’ for insta or the famous sitting down cuddling pose that takes 50 takes to get 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Unfortunately it’s so underfunded.

I know someone that really shouldn’t have kids. Claimed benefits, drank. Her daughter says some really worrying stuff(way to sexual for her age). I’ve reported loads of times. Nothing happens.

I also knew a woman that smoked weed in the evening, worked full time, kids happy, fed and well looked after… social services all over her after she got reported by neighbour.

Unfortunately they’re so stretched and often spend time on things they can “prove”

I know people have oakleys best interest at heart here however, social services will only remove a child when all other avenues have been exhausted. She’s not on drugs or alcohol, she has a clean nice house, her kids get to school and in the bath and fed, there is actual children who’s parents take drugs and alcohol in the house with them that social services will not remove as it really is a last option.
she’s definitely not a super mum or the best mum on the planet however I really do think it’s a stretch saying social services need to remove the child. She has enough professionals around her to keep the kids at home together

Reactions: 36
Never thought about the companies who sponsor her! They must not be watching f what's going on. Not way in hell would anyone touch her with a bag pole man! I would email them and let them know why you unsubscribed
I didn’t think of that actually, I might just do that!

Reactions: 5
I know people have oakleys best interest at heart here however, social services will only remove a child when all other avenues have been exhausted. She’s not on drugs or alcohol, she has a clean nice house, her kids get to school and in the bath and fed, there is actual children who’s parents take drugs and alcohol in the house with them that social services will not remove as it really is a last option.
she’s definitely not a super mum or the best mum on the planet however I really do think it’s a stretch saying social services need to remove the child. She has enough professionals around her to keep the kids at home together
I definitely think social services need to be involved. Not necessarily to take the kids away but to offer support. I'm sorry but medical neglect is a thing and Talia is very guilty of this, for example only taking him to get checked when the community nurse says, allowing him to be around sick people after major surgery. Not to mention all the emotional neglect to the other kids, especially Maddox. She needs some form of intervention.

Reactions: 18
I definitely think social services need to be involved. Not necessarily to take the kids away but to offer support. I'm sorry but medical neglect is a thing and Talia is very guilty of this, for example only taking him to get checked when the community nurse says, allowing him to be around sick people after major surgery. Not to mention all the emotional neglect to the other kids, especially Maddox. She needs some form of intervention.
Aw I absolutely agree they need to be around nd on her case. I just think removing a child causes so much trauma which isn’t needed if they can help and be on her back all the time! Hopefully they’re on her case now with this recent hospital admission 🤞

Reactions: 3
I think it's a reach to assume that SS should have passed threshold to remove. There's a process you can't just whip a child out, you need grounds to do it. In this case I'm assuming people mean her failure to meet his medical needs, well you'd need the hospital and community nurse to concur with that in the first place to make these referrals.

There's also the likelihood that they may already have a Social Worker via Children with Disabilities which may explain CC being involved with O having a Community Nurse and the boys remaining at nursery, she may have had funding for that as a support to her.

There's plenty of other professionals involved, if they had concerns about the children they'd be quick to refer in, you have daily contact with Sienna's school, the boys' nursery, HV, paediatrics, community nurse. The health side and school are well versed in dealing with safeguarding concerns and if there were genuine concerns I would be very surprised if these bodies hadn't referred in.

Children’s services in the UK are probably the worst in the whole world..saying this as someone who has family members who work in children’s services
I agree. The ones who need the help most are let down massively while they poke their noses and cause hell in some cases were its not needed.

Ummm ummmm umm ummm ummm ummm umm umm what bullshit can I make up on the spot now ummm

I think people forget social services aren't just there to take children away... infact they very rarely do. They are for helping and supporting struggling families.. you can actually call them yourself if you need support. So yes maybe they should be involved to help her come to terms with Oakeley's diagnosis and care, not to split up a family, whatever you might think of her. There's far worse!!

Reactions: 12
I know someone like this. She ended up with 8 kids and every single one of them was a nightmare come the teenage years as she lost interest quite early on and had another baby instead!
Unfortunately, my mother in law is the same. Had 6, and hasn’t raised one. They’ve brought themselves up and she wonders why they hardly talk to her anymore. She even fell pregnant when I did with my eldest - she did lose it, however, but that’s how bad she is! Loves the baby part but then the second the novelty wears off that’s it, and it can tell Talia is exactly the same..

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.