Taina Licciardo-Toivola - Ten children all dressed in white and an invisible husband

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think something did happen to make them leave. There was a lot of local gossip in the place they were about the family and Taina's unfitness to properly care for the kids. I also think she wanted to be closer to the rest of their family after having lived in Finland for a few years. Who knows, maybe one of the littles will want to go back when they're older because it was where they grew up.

Reactions: 3
I've been wondering if the kids still speak Finnish. When they lived in Finland it seemed like Finnish was the little ones' first language, it would be a shame if they forgot it now. I hope they still speak Finnish among themselves.
Taina spoke Finnish to the little ones in the beginning of her YT career but she later switched to English. I got the feeling that she thought it was more cool to speak English and stopped using Finnish in the vlogs. I remenber seeing an old vlog they are in a music shop and Jer is speaking Finnish with the salesman in the background and then translating it to Taina.

Especially in the later vlogs and in one of her Q&As she almost seemed to hate Finland and wanted to indentify herself as an australian. According to her everything was better in Australian. Made me wonder why they wanted to move to Finland in the first place? Is it that in her mind it’s way cooler to be australian than finnish? I might be bias since I’m a finn myself but there’s nothing wrong with Finland, great place to live in and I can’t really wrap my head around it why Taina disliked everything.

Reactions: 4
I’m sure Taina thinks Australia is “cooler” and better than Finland. She did sound on some videos that she almost hates Finland. Well, I guess all those child benefits etc. she still liked.. That’s probably the reason why they stayed in Finland for so long.

She probably also made Australia sound like a paradise to her children. They must be so disappointed there now.. Without a home and friends (I mean I don’t think they have any friends there, correct me if I’m wrong).

I just think it’s crazy that the went to Australia. You don’t move with nine kids to another country without having a home there or regular income.

Correct me if I'm wrong but is there even that much difference in benefits between Finland and Australia? Although I imagine the general cost of living in Australia could be significantly higher. They certainly don't seem to be doing very well in Australia if they're basically homeless. The move was very sudden and obviously poorly thought through by Taina (not to mention during a time when the country was shut down). I think their content was much more interesting when they lived in Finland. Their lives were more normal, not that they've ever been 'normal', but the older kids had friends. Now most of the kids look awkward or miserable and she's so desperate to project this false enthusiasm and they're more isolated than ever. She shows even less than she used to. I think whatever excitement there was of moving to a new country has well worn off.

Reactions: 2
Did they even say why they were moving? Finland's education seem a lot better than most countries. Plus Australia doesn't have that exotic vibe so they will probably lose subscribers.
educational standards don’t matter, since the kids are/were homeschooled anyway 😊

Reactions: 1
Correct me if I'm wrong but is there even that much difference in benefits between Finland and Australia? Although I imagine the general cost of living in Australia could be significantly higher. They certainly don't seem to be doing very well in Australia if they're basically homeless. The move was very sudden and obviously poorly thought through by Taina (not to mention during a time when the country was shut down). I think their content was much more interesting when they lived in Finland. Their lives were more normal, not that they've ever been 'normal', but the older kids had friends. Now most of the kids look awkward or miserable and she's so desperate to project this false enthusiasm and they're more isolated than ever. She shows even less than she used to. I think whatever excitement there was of moving to a new country has well worn off.
Benefits in Finland are much higher than Australia, Australia's system is much more similar to the UK whereas Finland has a more Scandinavian model (as far as I am aware anyway)

They left Finland because she always wanted to come back to Australia.
Paul is from Australia. She was living there almost all her life and her parents are there. 5 of their kids are asutralian too.
I don't think is weird that she wants to come back.

She always said that they moved to Finland for a year.. and it became almos 13 years. Maybe they wanted to show the kids their family land. They have family living in Finland too.

And I think they still speak finish. When the youngest where younger, she said that they know how to "change" to english when they were filming. But is normal that a 1, 2 and 3 year old kids mix languages if they hear both at home.
Paul doesn't speak too much finish. In some videos he was studying in the background on his iphad. And the older kids spoke english because they were born in Australia...
There's a video of Cleopatra with Shakespeare going to school because he had to learn finish. That makes me think that maybe the older kids did something like that too.
It makes no sense to take the youngest to learn a language to a school if all the family can speak it too. He could learn and practice at home.

In the YouTube video, didn’t Cleo say that her husband didn’t want her wearing converse, and how much he hated them. But look what he’s wearing in one of the photos from those collages!
58127557-CB25-4823-B5F5-D38391814635.jpeg
!

Reactions: 5
I feel so deeply sorry for all those kids, especially the older ones. Finland has wonderful, very open-minded and creative schools and it is such a shame they couldnt get some proper education. On the other hand, I guess that homeschooling is extremely unpopular there, hence kids that stay at home must be examined and controlled by the authorities much more than in Australia and to me that is the reason they moved. I am sure that a family like them would be visited by same sort of state agency to check on the development and wellbeing of the children and if any problems occur, they could be even taken away from their parents. Maybe that is why Taina hates Finland, since Paul is useless, she must have been the one to deal with it and talk to the people responsible for children welfare.

Reactions: 4
I feel so deeply sorry for all those kids, especially the older ones. Finland has wonderful, very open-minded and creative schools and it is such a shame they couldnt get some proper education. On the other hand, I guess that homeschooling is extremely unpopular there, hence kids that stay at home must be examined and controlled by the authorities much more than in Australia and to me that is the reason they moved. I am sure that a family like them would be visited by same sort of state agency to check on the development and wellbeing of the children and if any problems occur, they could be even taken away from their parents. Maybe that is why Taina hates Finland, since Paul is useless, she must have been the one to deal with it and talk to the people responsible for children welfare.
that is very true, there is much less government regulation in Australia, cults/extreme religious groups etc are quite common, I would imagine that is why they moved back

I have seen about 20% of the videos of this uneducated family, I am not proud about it. It is just time wasted.
A lizard crosses their rented garden and is an event worthy of 10 videos. They go around Europe and only visit Malls, ate beans from a can or buy food in the cheapest places. And she thinks it was magical….

This woman is a pathological narcissist and liar. SHE claims she is an amazing homeschooling-hardworking-mom. And yet the evidence in her videos shows the complete opposite!!
No sing of the “music geniuses speaking many languages”. Only lazy kids and young adults completely domesticated by their own fundamentalist ideology.
The older kids are already a burden for society and the younger ones are very behind in their development and in their learning. Bravo Taina….

I was not surprised that her daughter could just not have a normal first boyfriend experience…. This is now the most significant relationship in her life. For most of us, it would be just a bad couple of week experience… again Bravo Taina…

Their eating habits are so poor!! They look so unhealthy and have no life in their eyes!! No School, no friends, no jobs, no fun…just sad. Her videos are boring. They are boring.

I am out for good.

Reactions: 17
I know it's cruel and Cleo is a victim here, but when I see her pregnant, I imagine her giving birth to a mini version of her rather unattractive hubby and I choke laughing.
Poor girl, I can't imagine the horror of bringing up your own child in this family, with lunatic mother-Nana-Bambi-Taina breathing at your back.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
There really is no redeeming quality to their videos. I am curious about the baby when he or she is born though. Poor kid is going to really stick out in their flock of blonde hair and blue eyes. Is Cleo going to be able to even make any decisions for her child? Or will it all be Taina?

Reactions: 7
They might have had up to 1500 EUR a month from child benefits and maybe a bit of disability pension for Paul (although I highly doubt that because you have to be insured in Finland in order to get those pensions, and you are not insured if you are not employed somewhere). However, 1500-2000 EUR are not that much when you have to feed twelve people and live in Finland where living costs are quite high. For comparison: the average net salary in Finland is about 2400 EUR per month, and I doubt people with that salary have large families. I guess for a family of twelve, you need at least 5000 EUR per month living in Finland. Unless you don't have to pay rent and utility bills and insurances and don't own a car, that is.
benefits are astronomical here in finland if you have a big family. their child benefits are about 1500 EUR but they get also so many other benefits. housing benefit is about 800-1300 eur/month (if their combined salary is 2000-4000eur/month). home care benefit about 500-800 eur/month and if they don't have any other income then they also get unemployment benefit (880EURx2/month) + some other benefits. also every child over 18 get's their own benefits. i would say 6000 EUR/month if they don't have any income but even youtubemoney they don't make any less than that.

Cleo should have stayed in Finland then lol. Plus I would definitely watch her single mom vlogs.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.