Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

yellow_daisies

VIP Member
But then does that mean (and I am asking as a genuine question, not having a go at you) that you think it’s ok that the kid who doesn’t get much, is sad because his parents (rather than FC) got him, for example a book when his friend got an Xbox? It’s unfair that some kids get more than others, as I truly think it doesn’t matter who they are from because either way the person with the ‘lesser’ present would feel hard done by?

However, I would like to add that when I was growing up all our presents were from FC as were most of my friends, we would tell each other what we got when we went back to school and that was it, I never wondered why FC brought them ‘better’ presents than me.

I really feel like the magic of Christmas morning is wondering if he’s been and if you are going to get presents etc (no matter what those are). if you already know you are getting some presents (and it’s the big ones, rather than the stocking fillers) from your parents regardless it takes away from that magic for me. Obviously this is just my opinion on the matter and it’s probably formed on how I was raised. I am not judging anyone’s choice, it’s a personal matter and what you feel comfortable with.
It is really tricky as all families have their own traditions and ways of doing FC, i think you just have to do what feels right for you and your family. As i said upthread, my parents used to "send the money to FC" so we got the magic of having our presents magically delivered but were also aware they were paid for. We've all done the same with our own kids. One year my dad was out of work leading up to Christmas and mum and dad sat us down and explained they werent able to send as much to FC that year and we were to think extremely hard and ask for 2 things we *really* wanted and "surprises", i remember that year quite clearly- but I actually remember the things that I got that I hadnt asked for and "the elves" had supposedly chosen and couldnt tell you what i actually requested! Our parents used to buy us an outfit each and usually a book that was "from them".

• Heart
Reactions: 3

QuirkyFlamingo

VIP Member
Pleasantly surprised by Greg choosing his personal skate for the kids, rather than his career. I was convinced we’d get a 2012 montage!
Interesting that Milo and Daphne are in the audience but not Rex. Wonder whose decision that was…

weeweegie

VIP Member
Daphne is a copy and paste Susie but with Greg’s colouring. Poor girl will need a truckload of fake tan if she wants to match her mum’s skin tone when she’s older 🤭

• Haha

Cheebachoo

Chatty Member
There’s a whole cohort of partners of (minor) celebrities whose life ambition has been realised by ‘bagging’ one. They all exhibit the same arrogance, lack of own identity etc etc

1)Our very own Susan. Wanted a rugby player. Got someone who used to jump. But she’s a journalist/dancer/Latin teacher among many other numerous things.
2)Zoe Cole (married to dancer Brendan). Ex model apparently. Wanted an F1 driver (used to hang about at the races). Got a dancer. Now says she’s a gardener while Brendan does every crappy reality show under the sun because he owes thousands in unpaid taxes and bills. Obviously they can afford to send their kids to private school and own a house in bucks AND Mallorca AND fail to pay the tax man….
3)Caroline Greenwood oops sorry Tasker. Not sure what she wanted. Not sure she’s ever worked. Got the rugby player, but spits bricks if someone calls her ‘Will Greenwood’s wife’. So then changed her Instagram name to Tasker because she’s ‘more than someone’s wife’ although what that ‘more’ is no one knows.

Cheebachoo

Chatty Member
It’s horrible having a sick pet and I do understand them wanting a second opinion, but the only reason he’s taken this to Instagram is to get a freebie. They’ve obviously been told how much it would cost if the dog was operated on as it’s a big op. Maybe not insured?
Otherwise wouldn’t you do some research and just book in to see someone!